test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Complete the Omega Molecule Daily

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nope not for me either, Tried on 4 Zones and each time 1 x red particle but no completion of the daily...

Pleassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee with sugar, cherries, ice cream and sprinkles can you fix this as all i wanna do is spend 5 mins do daily then play the game atm i cant and its making me so not want to even try to play the game :-(
    JtaDmwW.png
  • theredvikingttheredvikingt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Volcan system completed but not Sol or K-7

half my scans started 49 48 47 .....Your score is 0, Never the less I got plenty of traces just wont complete quest, so no 40 Qmendations today it seems :(
  • kithousekithouse Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks like today's daily has a disagreement between the Mission Completion Data, and the Text that is being displayed.

You should be able to complete the Sol System step by interacting with an Omega Particle at Starfleet Academy. This should allow the Daily to be completed.

If someone can confirm this, I'll see about trying to make this workaround more generally known.

Doing the Omega stabilisation at SFA doesn't give me the daily completion.

Because of the heavy lag there it was a real pain to check this out. As you had some idea that there would be lag for the first few days would it not have been possible to not use these areas in the daily for the first week and then add them in in the next patch.

Edit. Went back and finally found a node that worked, by the waterfront. Defera is similar as some of the nodes near the beam-in point work but those further away, near the stairs where the Breen beam in in the first episode of the Breen cycle, doesn't seem to work for the daily.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks like today's daily has a disagreement between the Mission Completion Data, and the Text that is being displayed.

You should be able to complete the Sol System step by interacting with an Omega Particle at Starfleet Academy. This should allow the Daily to be completed.

If someone can confirm this, I'll see about trying to make this workaround more generally known.

Still not working. You scan the red particle at SFA, get the particle and it doesn't register. Tik tok, tik tok......get to work guys or a lot of players are going to get timed out of this poorly designed nonsense.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,792 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can they just give the Zombie ship without the dailies like they did last year?

Come on guys..enough is enough :o
    DUwNP.gif

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is absolutely ridiculous.

First, I get the one that requires you to do the Sol system, which cannot be completed. After trying for 30 minutes to get it, I drop the mission and re-aquire it.

Great, now I once again get 2 of them complete and head to my third one.. The Bajor System..

Well guess what?

THERE IS NO FRIKKN MOLECULE IN THE BAJOR SYSTEM!!

I'm f'n sick of this buggy TRIBBLE. Cryptic.. pull your heads out of your @## and fix this thing or just give us the damn ship.

This is ridiculous!!

I'm not usually one for angry rants.. but this is too frikkn much. If you think I'm going to buy them off the Lobi store for cash because your stupid game doesn't work, you got another thing coming.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited January 2015
    And now every time I re-aquire the mission.. I get the one with Bajor which is impossible to complete.

Seriously Cryptic, you can take your stupid game and shove it right up your backsides.

This is a stupid joke.
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've tried different instances and nodes at SFA and the Sol system, the game works, but it's not giving me credit for the daily.

Any other things I can try?

Edit:
    Finally got it, the node near Prof Neal Meyer and the memorial worked.
  • inckursioninckursion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Starfleet Academy did not work for me, and I tried a few different points to be sure.

UPDATE: There is one working node in SFA, the node next to the Mark Valentine memorial. No other nodes work.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Well, I would try to confirm it, but when I picked up the mission again, I got different systems from Q, this time?

Hmm....

Edit: Nevermind, I was grasping at straws....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mission states a Bajor space OMEGA daily but the Omegas on in the ground market place.

A player can still acquire the RED omega particles as often as they wish, but none of them cause the mission to be fulfilled in any way. The Bajor particles do not count.

The Anniversary daily can not be completed on 1/30/2015 for the KDF.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited January 2015

Another possible workaround: Try dropping the mission from Q, logging out for a bit, and then going back in a picking it up again.

I suggest you don't.

There are two missions available today, and the other one is completely impossible.

The 2nd mission requires you to find a molecule in Bajor System, and none exist. Once you get this mission, you can drop and re-aquire all day and it still gives you that same impossible to complete assignment.

Either way, the daily for today cannot be completed.
    edited January 2015
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Mission states a Bajor space OMEGA daily but the Omegas on in the ground market place.

A player can still acquire the RED omega particles as often as they wish, but none of them cause the mission to be fulfilled in any way. The Bajor particles do not count.

The Anniversary daily can not be completed on 1/30/2015 for the KDF.

Confirmed.

You cannot claim the red particle on Bajor either. Again, this mission cannot be completed.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    Still not working. You scan the red particle at SFA, get the particle and it doesn't register. Tik tok, tik tok......get to work guys or a lot of players are going to get timed out of this poorly designed nonsense.

It does work, I can vouch for it. Ideally you shouldn't have to do this, but try instance hopping as well as different points.

If not, try instance 5 and the omega at the Mark Valentine memorial overlooking the bay. That's worked very quickly for me and people in my fleet.

So again, yes this mission can be completed. Just not in the best of circumstances.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I suggest you don't.

There are two missions available today, and the other one is completely impossible.

The 2nd mission requires you to find a molecule in Bajor System, and none exist. Once you get this mission, you can drop and re-aquire all day and it still gives you that same impossible to complete assignment.

Either way, the daily for today cannot be completed.

Ah, so the mission reset in general, not just for me.

At least when it was bugging out in the Sol System, some people apparently were starting to get credit by doing the Academy instead. And now people are being directed to a place that doesn't even have Omega molecules period?

Brilliant. -_-
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
    edited January 2015
    Ah, so the mission reset in general, not just for me.

At least when it was bugging out in the Sol System, some people apparently were starting to get credit by doing the Academy instead. And now people are being directed to a place that doesn't even have Omega molecules period?

Brilliant. -_-

Yeah, if you keep trying Sol system.. you at least have a chance.

If you get the mission with Bajor, you're completely screwed for the day and there is no fix.

Once I got the Bajor Mission, I cannot get anything else. I can drop it a thousand times and it gives me the same impossible to complete mission every day.

The daily for today is now impossible for me to complete.
  • inckursioninckursion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is one working node in SFA, the node next to the Mark Valentine memorial. No other nodes complete the ESD space objective, but that one does.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Go to the least populated instance. As soon as I did tht it worked right away.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    edited January 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Go to the least populated instance. As soon as I did tht it worked right away.

Tried it in Sol system, didn't work.

Will never work in Bajor, switching to a lower populated zone won't change the fact that the molecule you're supposed to acquire does not exist.
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015

no, that does not work either.
    and, i n order to make it more "funny", the part I had finished was reset when I entered the game now - that's to say your "minigame turns into a neverending story. not really funny :eek:
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As noted above, try going to the marketplace on Bajor ground. Bajor space is evidently not working.

Just as ESD space didn't work, but one node in Starfleet Academy did. These may well be related. As a general rule, if a space node doesn't work, I'd advise trying ground, and vice versa, at least until this gets cleared up.

The lag doesn't seem to affect this; at least, I got bad enough rubberbanding at the Academy that I couldn't even try the other minigame this year, but I was able to stabilize the molecule over by the bay and complete the Omega daily.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited January 2015
    inckursion wrote: »
    There is one working node in SFA, the node next to the Mark Valentine memorial. No other nodes complete the ESD space objective, but that one does.

Yep, it's the one I mentioned earlier in instance #5.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Not tried that yet, but Bajor space and Vlugta Asteroid Field are not spawning Omega Molecules, at all!

May be other maps, as well?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The version with Bajor (Space) CANNOT BE COMPLETED!!!

Bajor gound is NOT working as an alternative!
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tried Bajor ground = nope

Seriously people, do you really want us to try things
    - first, which are not stated in the objective
    - second, which is only in one certain (usually unknown - at least to us) spot
    - third, which is only working in one particular instance

Come on, give me a break. That's not a solution, it's confusion and it raises several tempers as well.
  • neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They posted three times now saying they are aware and that it will 'work itself out eventually.'

Haven't heard any of this on either the Facebook or Twitter, top of that their support page is down to 'internal error'. :eek:
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
    edited January 2015
    It does work, I can vouch for it. Ideally you shouldn't have to do this, but try instance hopping as well as different points.

If not, try instance 5 and the omega at the Mark Valentine memorial overlooking the bay. That's worked very quickly for me and people in my fleet.

So again, yes this mission can be completed. Just not in the best of circumstances.

I have tried this for an hour. And no, it didn't work. I can vouch for that. Many, many times. The node didn't even appear for me by the memorial on instance 5.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    As noted above, try going to the marketplace on Bajor ground. Bajor space is evidently not working.

Just as ESD space didn't work, but one node in Starfleet Academy did. These may well be related. As a general rule, if a space node doesn't work, I'd advise trying ground, and vice versa, at least until this gets cleared up.

The lag doesn't seem to affect this; at least, I got bad enough rubberbanding at the Academy that I couldn't even try the other minigame this year, but I was able to stabilize the molecule over by the bay and complete the Omega daily.

Already tried that and didn't work, particles form Bajor (ground) doesn't count for the daily if it's asking for Space
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
    edited January 2015
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    I have tried this for an hour. And no, it didn't work. I can vouch for that. Many, many times. The node didn't even appear for me by the memorial on instance 5.

Dunno what to say to that dude. Even now I can still see people in Sol zone chat saying it's working. :(
  • kury2kury2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After 5 hours yesterday doing Dust then not being able to complete the daily or party crashers, I had hopes for the patch working. It was much better today but got the Daily with Sol Space that was bugged and when I finally dropped it and retook it got the daily with the Bajor Space which does not exist. After 5 hours today ( I did run Dust and completed the daily on my KDF toon) it turned out to be another wasted afternoon without a completion for my main character. Maybe next year will be better.