test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ok. Newest episode

chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
As much as I like the newest episode, it isn't as good as the last 20 or so.

Ensign Kim was as annoying as jar jar bunks and if I had my way I would have turned that facility into the surface of the moon rather than attempt a rescue mission for him.

The first battlefield was awfully dark.

The needless rooms. The....oh my god I want to swear......platform game.

The only....only having grace for this episode is the dialogue in the background with captin Kim.
This episode was a rare miss.

All the episodes in the past few years I would gladly play again and again but to have to do this episode again will be torture
Should I start posting again after all this time?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I give them a fair bit of credit for *trying* to do something that was not combat themed. I agree with you 100%, but I still want to get that out there.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The thing is...I have seen the platform type game a hundred times before.

In all the marvel games their is always some level with the plaform game.
    Spider-Man and Thor fall to their deaths for missing a platform.
    God I hate those levels
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to agree too. The episode is pretty good but the ramps were overdone. At least one of them could have been left out. These do tend to take the fun factor out of the episode as I have never been a fan of jumping puzzles. The lag is not helping with the irritation factor either.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree on one major point...

I really liked working through the bunkers before entering the temple, I found the terrible weather conditions added alot of atmosphere to that section and hope to see more of this sort of thing in future...

The platform section, I decided to try it on Hard (let's face it, previous 'hard' episode choices really aren't that hard) but this was just insane...

I was supposed to have about 5 seconds to move from platform to platform, some were retracting almost instantly it seemed, if not, there were collision issues when moving onto them and I was falling through the gaps or something...

To make it even worse, I didn't even get an accolade for finally making it across...

The only downer to the episode as I see it and I'll just be running it on normal for that section when repeating it for the Kobali space gear...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • docducksdocducks Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the battlefield... felt like a battlefield. So I'll disagree there.

The platform game was a challenge, I have to say I rather enjoyed that.
  • stonefyrestonefyre Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Couldn't help but think of Galaxy Quest while trying to make it across the platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVqxWU-Itg
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The featured episode is a kind of episode that, to me, is screaming FUN. It has a real Star Trek feel with very interesting dialogue. I also liked that the episode wasn't about the combat, but the story telling. The use of the grapple gun was fun, but it should have been more open. The invisible walls made me feel stuck when I got knocked off the bridge, and during the trench run.

Now, do not get me wrong, PWE/Cryptic really screwed the pooch with the new BOFF system and TRIBBLE-ton of stuff added and changed causing such major lag issues.

For the anniversary, I would have rather got the ship the first time through, then each time after get a piece of the Kobali set just like other anniversaries.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I played the episode yesterday and I decided to play the elite options...outside the temple, it was bugged. The bad guys weren't visible to me and targetable, so I had to let my BOFF's handle them. The maze was SOUL-DESTROYING and the bridge-thing just annoying. Now, they want you to play it again and again and again to get the space set...but only on specific days. Does anyone even know if it's worth it?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    I agree on one major point...

I really liked working through the bunkers before entering the temple, I found the terrible weather conditions added alot of atmosphere to that section and hope to see more of this sort of thing in future...

The platform section, I decided to try it on Hard (let's face it, previous 'hard' episode choices really aren't that hard) but this was just insane...

I was supposed to have about 5 seconds to move from platform to platform, some were retracting almost instantly it seemed, if not, there were collision issues when moving onto them and I was falling through the gaps or something...

To make it even worse, I didn't even get an accolade for finally making it across...

The only downer to the episode as I see it and I'll just be running it on normal for that section when repeating it for the Kobali space gear...

The time limit isn't the problem. The problem is that the platforms also have some areas that get "charged" - and if you move onto them, the platform immediately retracts.

Of course, if you have more time, you may have an easier time avoiding them, but the biggest obstacle here is that you need to see and understand that this is happening. I am pretty sure the mission dialog is not specific on that.

Other than that, I found the Shooter mode helpful here, since tabbing or clicking on the right target takes too much time.

kayajay wrote: »
    I played the episode yesterday and I decided to play the elite options...outside the temple, it was bugged. The bad guys weren't visible to me and targetable, so I had to let my BOFF's handle them. The maze was SOUL-DESTROYING and the bridge-thing just annoying. Now, they want you to play it again and again and again to get the space set...but only on specific days. Does anyone even know if it's worth it?
    Not only on specific days - the items unlock on that day, and will stay available. At least that's how a dev clarified it.
    Whether it will be worth it - difficult to say. It seemed to me the set was very defensive, very healing focused. It could replace the Assimilated Set in that regard.

Seems to me that is a new attempt at finding a way to make people that only come back for new missions to log in multiple times for the game. Anyone checking it out immediately will find he can't actually get the coolest toys yet and may decide to return a few times to get the items.
    Seems overall "nicer" than the Delta Rising system of skill point grinds between missions.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My reflexes just aren't good enough to get me through the last room of sliding floors (hey, I'm 54, that's how it goes), so I'm not going to be getting the ship, or the accolades, or find out what important enemy Voyager was after.

And that's okay.

I guess.
    boldly-watched.png
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    My reflexes just aren't good enough to get me through the last room of sliding floors (hey, I'm 54, that's how it goes), so I'm not going to be getting the ship, or the accolades, or find out what important enemy Voyager was after.

And that's okay.

I guess.

Are you sure it was your reflexes? I am in my 50s and got through it but lag made it harder than it should have been.