test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rubber banding issue

trekymindtrekymind Member Posts: 39 Arc User
I have having major rubber banding issues on ESD and Starfleet Academy. Just want to check that it's not just me and if there is anything I can do to help stop it.
Regards
Jeff
Post edited by trekymind on

Comments

• ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You're not alone at the moment. They'll be working on it when in office, we'll have to be patient.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • trekymindtrekymind Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you. Was wondering if it was my computer, glad it's not. :)
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its game wide. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. I couldn't even do a patrol due to it. All I can do is play around with my Boff skills and walk around some at the stations. And even then I get lag at times.

I won't be doing their new FE or any others until this is fixed. Instead I will work on my R&D and Doffs.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Violent rubberbanding is making ESD and Starfleet Academy very difficult for me just now.

It's not affecting me in other zones, so that suggests it is those zones and not my connection.

Possible solution, or at least a way to ameliorate it - move essential services (daily quiz, dilithium refiner, security officer) out of ESD/Academy for the duration of the present emergency? (Maybe reopen Utopia Planitia or Memory Alpha and put them there?)

Just an off-the-wall ideas. I'm full of those at the moment. Also, more than slightly seasick.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Took me 20 mins to get the infirmary on esd to heal and then a further 30 mins to get to the bank to swap some items over. taking all my other toons to DS9 if i need bank
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's those dailies and Q causing the problem. STO hasn't got enough horsepower to crunch the numbers at the server level.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    Violent rubberbanding is making ESD and Starfleet Academy very difficult for me just now.

It's not affecting me in other zones, so that suggests it is those zones and not my connection.

Possible solution, or at least a way to ameliorate it - move essential services (daily quiz, dilithium refiner, security officer) out of ESD/Academy for the duration of the present emergency? (Maybe reopen Utopia Planitia or Memory Alpha and put them there?)

Just an off-the-wall ideas. I'm full of those at the moment. Also, more than slightly seasick.

I think it would be better if they removed the mini games from the main social zones. It is currently impossible to move or interact with anything on ESD due to that awful lags!
  • mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is soo bad lol was trying to get to the bank on ESD but had to give up and move my alt to
    DS9 jesus lol
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Probably because there's duplicate mini-Q's stacked on top of one another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Probably because there's duplicate mini-Q's stacked on top of one another.

But there aren't any Mini-Qs on ESD. It must be something else.

If they haven'T brought in a completely different bug due to some background change, it must be something with that Omega Molecule.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since it isn't happening on Qo'nos or New Romulus, my guess is it has to do with the architecture of the new ESD.

If you have a Fed-aligned Rom, you might try to run the event from New Romulus instead, and see how much you can do without going to Earth.
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lag Everywhere. even space abilities and cooldown animations are lagging.

but yeah. ask those freaking Devs to go down in the Academy now to play. lets see if they dont get annoyed with those lag.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it aint just ESD peeps, i never had problems like the rubberbanding i've experenced on thursday....
  • theclouduxthecloudux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ESD is pretty screwed up, but DS9 isn't that bad atm
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope they fix it soon. If I were a new player brought in by the limited amount of 5th Anniversary press - I'd complete the tutorial, be told to report to Admiral Quinn - beam up to ESD, and promptly log out in frustration.

I would imagine many players who started in the last few weeks would have a similar reaction.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I knew it was really bad when I watched the stream with Captain Smirk and he looked a little less composed than usual
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Didn't you know you were suppose to sing along when that happened to you?

"I take one step forward
    then two steps back
    Q looks frazalled
    then turns me into a cat"