test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaway!

1111213141517»

Comments

• cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can sympathize with many players that don't get any/all rewarded gifts since they may already have an item.

They don't have to do this, gifting, & it's nice of them to do so, but I'm sure there's some business calculation involved, cannot blame them, about what & what not to possibly gift & the reasons behind such decisions.

This last gift is very appropriate given the 5th anniversary even though it's not the biggest or most arbitrarily the most expensive.

In the future I wish they would expand upon the innovative forward thinking similar to what they did with the ship for each faction gifting.

Have a primary gift be it whatever from the C-Store or in-game, but in case the player(s) already have that gift allow a secondary choice.

The secondary may not be as valued compared to the primary, but allowing that choice will still allow the player to receive "A" gift of some value & be helpful whether it be another lesser C-Store item/service or in-game item.

After all if the intent is to gift/reward players for participating then why would you want to exclude players that may have already participated or purchased before?
  • fildaskirkfildaskirk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cem3212 wrote: »
    I can sympathize with many players that don't get any/all rewarded gifts since they may already have an item.

They don't have to do this, gifting, & it's nice of them to do so, but I'm sure there's some business calculation involved, cannot blame them, about what & what not to possibly gift & the reasons behind such decisions.

This last gift is very appropriate given the 5th anniversary even though it's not the biggest or most arbitrarily the most expensive.

In the future I wish they would expand upon the innovative forward thinking similar to what they did with the ship for each faction gifting.

Have a primary gift be it whatever from the C-Store or in-game, but in case the player(s) already have that gift allow a secondary choice.

The secondary may not be as valued compared to the primary, but allowing that choice will still allow the player to receive "A" gift of some value & be helpful whether it be another lesser C-Store item/service or in-game item.

After all if the intent is to gift/reward players for participating then why would you want to exclude players that may have already participated or purchased before?

Exactly. While I'd like to be reimburised in the full value of Zen I paid, even some small alternative wuld be nice. Hell, I'd be glad for even just 1 master key (some 125 Zen vs cca 1250 for the uniforms).

I know it wouldn't happen, but theoretically, if everyone of us just decided to not buy anything anymore from the store since it would be given away at some point anyway, they would see the error of their ways *wishful thinking*
  • undeguyundeguy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hum... The more I read, the more spite I seem to see in these posts.

They are not Q, they cannot claim omnipotence. Even something that seems as easy as "alternatives" requires substantial amounts of programming... Enough that they can just as easily justify NOT giving anything away.

I can definitely see a bunch of people reading my post and saying that I'm just defending them for no reason... To them, all I can say is... Hey, if you can get a team, equal in number to Cryptic Studio's team and do better... I'll play your game too.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i really wish my female toons could wear the formal suit :(
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i really wish my female toons could wear the formal suit :(

I wish all characters could wear all outfits, including men in dresses, women in suits etc.
  • codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Way cool! Almost forgot this freebie - and I was even considering buying it but now I don't have to yay :D
  • bladeshadow1984bladeshadow1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well the easy way out would to just give each account say like 100zen a day for the give away then you have no place to talk bout not getting it when others can lol
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wish all characters could wear all outfits, including men in dresses, women in suits etc.

+1 You win the internet today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • ravenmind1ravenmind1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Agreed! With the lines between genders becoming so blurred nowadays, it would make sense and PWE would look forward-thinking. Plus there were even a couple ST episodes regarding gender issues.

Wondering if my KDF toons get left out again. Poor Klinks get no love.

Oh well, thanks for the giveaways anyway. Despite all the negativity posted in these forums, there are those of us who are appreciative.
  • husker1964husker1964 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayradyss wrote: »
    It's a bit disappointing when you already have the items they giveaway, yes. I've had that happen pretty much every year with some item or other. I already had the TMP uniforms, the Formal outfits, the Nova refit ship . . . but if you pick any given item from the C-Store, there will be people who have it already and people who don't.

All in all, it would be nice if perhaps for one or two of the giveaway days they'd offer something from the 'Services' category -- Ship slots, BOff slots, an inventory expansion -- something like that. But still, it's just nice that they do these giveaways. I'm grateful they do them, even if I do have some of the items already. Thanks for the giveaways, Cryptic! They are a positive thing.

I can sympathize, but times that may be convenient for some players aren't so for others. We all have lives. The update they just completed at 11:30 pst, was inconvenient for me due to my work schedule. Just have to do the best you can in study, work and gaming.

Not the original one I was replying to. but ok. I am just happy on the giveaways so far that there hasn't been a problem with level cap.
  • ravenmind1ravenmind1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree husker. You can't please everybody. So I guess you just try to TRIBBLE off as few as you can. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bjornfried wrote: »
    Why change the training system and the icons. There is no use at all to do so. It only made the game worse.

That, in a nutshell. The boff changes were entirely unnecessary and now make things even more confusing and convoluted.
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    walshicus wrote: »
    I hope you lose your job too. :)

If craptic/pew was a physician, it would be under charges for manslaughter and sued for malpractice. The star wars mmorpg is backed by Lucasfilms and run by EA (Both are big and both know what they are doing), where craptic is small and incompetent.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    ravenmind1 wrote: »
    Agreed! With the lines between genders becoming so blurred nowadays, it would make sense and PWE would look forward-thinking. Plus there were even a couple ST episodes regarding gender issues.

Just as an FYI, this is a technical limitation, not an artificial limitation due to sexist ideas. Male toons and Female toons are built with entirely different skeletons. The costumes that work on one skeleton don't work on the other without essentially rebuilding the whole thing for that other skeleton.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, this is a technical limitation, not an artificial limitation due to sexist ideas. Male toons and Female toons are built with entirely different skeletons. The costumes that work on one skeleton don't work on the other without essentially rebuilding the whole thing for that other skeleton.

in other words... it's all about the boobies.

male skel dont have boobies cause men dont have boobies... so their clothes dont have that feature...

gal skel have boobies so all their clothes have boobies... <- no way in game to make a flat chested girl in this game...
    edited January 2015
    Well. . . boobies aren't the only differences . . . but essentially, yes. There are physical differences between the models and skeletons.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well. . . boobies aren't the only differences . . . but essentially, yes. There are physical differences between the models and skeletons.
    I can't tell you how much I want to be able to use the suit costume on female characters. I wish I could recreate this look... Obviously I wouldn't make the face look like Linda Fiorentino, but the outfit? hehe...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I know, I saw a post or two from JoeJing about it. I still want it. *sigh*

And since you know Champions a bit too, I've always wanted someone to allow women to get as hulked out as the men there. But given how much they'd need to rebuild the models given the distortion, I know why it won't happen. It's just too much work for too small a niche of the game. *sigh again*
  • sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    That, in a nutshell. The boff changes were entirely unnecessary and now make things even more confusing and convoluted.

It is confusing, and I'm basically having to relearn how to fly some of my ships because the familiar icons are gone, but I have a feeling these icons and the new skill system are going to make more sense to new players. It hurts old players in the meantime, yeah, but we'll adapt.

I mean, when I first started playing, the fact that the old skill system lacked graphic cues to connect my BOFFs' abilities to menubar actions and the totally abstract nature of the old icons made learning the system much harder than it probably should have been. As much as I'm annoyed by having to relearn things, I'm also a little envious of people coming into the game fresh who are going to face an easier learning curve. It's hard for me to stay worked up at the developers changing something to what it should have been to start with, even if it's annoying me in the near-term, y'know?

On a totally separate matter while I'm here: if any devs are reading, thanks for the freebies. I had the costume and don't think I'll use the ships, but I appreciate the gesture (never complain about free beer!) and look forward to the next five years.
    edited January 2015
    I know, I saw a post or two from JoeJing about it. I still want it. *sigh*

And since you know Champions a bit too, I've always wanted someone to allow women to get as hulked out as the men there. But given how much they'd need to rebuild the models given the distortion, I know why it won't happen. It's just too much work for too small a niche of the game. *sigh again*

Funny you mention that, I was going to include it, but decided it wasn't entirely necessary. But yes, in Champions, the "Huge" characters are another, entirely different skeleton set up from the Males and Females. Hence they too have issues with cross pollination with other costume parts.
  • undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is starting to make me absolutely sick to come on the STO forums.

So many here are like slobbering jackals.

Only a totally spoiled, immatture, bratty JACKASS complains about getting something free.

It's not made to be inconvenient or insult you. It's not taking anything away from YOU. It's bloody FREE.

Seriously, Cryptic makes some mistakes IMO. A lot of them sometimes.

BUT.

The complaining and whining are way worse. Complaints that the game is easy and too boring. Thus, the nerfs.

Then complaints about the nerfs, thus the power creep.

I think Cryptic's biggest mistake is that they listen to you fools TOO MUCH.

Entitled children is what you're acting like. You are crapping all over the spirit of what Star Trek was all about with your GREED.

Taco, thank you to you and the rest of the team for the thoughtful gifts. I did not have the formal suits, so that was nice.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is the WORST anniversary party ever! The Dust to Dust mission I liked a lot! But when they make you jump through a bunch of hoops that don't work it SPOILED THE PARTY! the omega thing is something of an unfinished mini-game!

how many do I have?

how many do I need?

when I get them, where do they go?

I'm, I to destroy them or just collect them?

What the difference in color and shape?

Then to make matter worse THEY TRIBBLE WITH EVERY B.O. OFFICER YOU HAVE IN SOME CASES TAKING AWAY THE STUFF THEY ALREADY KNOW AND TRIBBLE UP YOUR WHOLE SHIP WHICH IS NOT BAD IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE F-ING SHIP! BUT I RUN 14 TOON'S WITH TONS OF SHIPS THANKS THEY ARE ALL SCREWED UP! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND MAKING THIS A BIG PAIN IN THE DONKEY!!!!

SO THANKS FOR MAKING 5 YEARS OF PLAYING THIS GAME SO REWARDING!!!!
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it Is Starting To Make Me Absolutely Sick To Come On The Sto Forums.

So Many Here Are Like Slobbering Jackals.

Only A Totally Spoiled, Immatture, Bratty Jackass Complains About Getting Something Free.

It's Not Made To Be Inconvenient Or Insult You. It's Not Taking Anything Away From You. It's Bloody Free.

Seriously, Cryptic Makes Some Mistakes Imo. A Lot Of Them Sometimes.

But.

The Complaining And Whining Are Way Worse. Complaints That The Game Is Easy And Too Boring. Thus, The Nerfs.

Then Complaints About The Nerfs, Thus The Power Creep.

I Think Cryptic's Biggest Mistake Is That They Listen To You Fools Too Much.

Entitled Children Is What You're Acting Like. You Are Crapping All Over The Spirit Of What Star Trek Was All About With Your Greed.

Taco, Thank You To You And The Rest Of The Team For The Thoughtful Gifts. I Did Not Have The Formal Suits, So That Was Nice.

Really You Have To Be A F2p Player Who Just Signed On!!! Go Eat Worms!!!!
  • zechszechs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    there's parts of the map there still dont work
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its Broken, event infinishable, Bajor the particals do not spawn.:mad: