test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just when loadouts were fixed, Boff Revamp comes along

stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
Title pretty much says it all. Took months to get loadouts fixed, and when they're finally working as intended, the new boff revamp screws it up again.

Cryptic! You're supposed to be fixing bugs, not growing more!
stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
Post edited by stardestroyer001 on

Comments

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loudouts were never fixed for me. matter of fact they got worse for me after the last "fix".
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loadouts were fixed?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Odd, I'm having the opposite effect. At first I was never effected by the load-out bug, but then as they kept "fixing" it, it got worse for me. Now when they released the new BOff training system, the bug is gone for me but back for everyone else. :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loadouts never got fixed. In fact it was my experience that they got worse just before this patch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah they were totally broken again two weeks ago. Then the patch prior to this broke my game more by introducing a 10s lag spike. It's damn annoying.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Title pretty much says it all. Took months to get loadouts fixed, and when they're finally working as intended, the new boff revamp screws it up again.

I KNEW this was going to happen! I even made a thread about it when it was first announced a few weeks ago. I logged in, see that the Universal Stations on my Wells are now gone, replaced by an ensign engie slot which I now had to go buy a new BOFF to fill, as well as my Tac losing his Gravity Well III ability, which I now had to spend time and resources to craft a manual just to get back. Thanks for making me have to buy the same ability TWICE, Devs!

Plus, my ship keeps losing it's loadout every time it goes into space, forcing me to manually go in and manually seat all of my BOFFS one by one.

The server is down for hotfix, so I hope they will fix that as well. I really do not want to go into any STF unless I know I won't have to spend the first couple of minutes rebuilding my BOFF seating every time.
  • Options
    zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I started recording and taking notes on mine, not only did the patch kill my loadout save (as in, I saved it just a couple of days ago...reloading does NOTHING), but my BOff skills were borked as well.

First thing I did was figure out my BOff skills. Actually select them or retrain (some were missing); some were chosen but didn't have the highlight box around the skill in question. I selected the box.

Second was save both loadout slots while in a combat space (non-ground, non-sector); changed a DOff each just to make them different. At least now are both current.

This seems to have stabilized my emptying seats, although Loadouts have actually gotten worse for me since the Winter Event.
  • Options
    kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So I saved a loadout on my ship after adjusting it with the new update...

Next up, I acquired the Kobali BO so I decided to ditch an old useless BO...

As soon as I did this, my hotbar reset and my loadout failed to re-load to what it was when I saved it.

Broken loadouts yet again :|
  • Options
    ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OK in whuch Mirror universe were loadouts ever fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ighten wrote: »
    OK in whuch Mirror universe were loadouts ever fixed

It's the same universe the fun STO is in, and Delta Rsing is the best expansion with the players loving it. I've yet to find that universe. I heard PVP is balance there too with KDF having the complete attention/support of the dev team.

People and Devs post a lot about it. Just not on these forums.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I disagree with the OP. The loadout/tray bugs were never fully fixed.

They didn't affect every player all of the time, so some people may have temporarily fixed their problem. But that's a far cry from all the problems being fixed for everyone.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loadouts are most certainly not fixed, and every one of my BOFFs that had Gravity Well now have had it replaced by various random and crappy skills.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loadouts are most certainly not fixed, and every one of my BOFFs that had Gravity Well now have had it replaced by various random and crappy skills.

No idea why OP said loadouts were fixed...but as with others, I've also suffered from the seemingly random reset of some boff skills. Lost TT1 and got TS1 for instance... :confused:
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loadouts are more broken than ever. Under the new system, you can't have one loadout in which a boff has, say, GW, and VM in another. In other words, the only way to keep loadouts working (or at least as badly as before) is to keep your boffs static. In other words, there's no flexibility from boffs having muiltiple abilities to choose from.

Could the loaadout system be made to accommodate for boffs having multiple skills per slot? Probably. But they released the system way too prematurely, and even admitted half of it isn't working yet.

Until such time the loadout system incorporates the chosen abilities per boff, the new boff system has simply broken loadouts.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Before patch my loadouts would head out on me quit regularlly even this week. After patch we'll see, I'm not holding my breath on things. Still once you figure out the new layouts for boffs it's not bad. One down side so far, I think I can't trade or post BOFFs to the exchange anymore when they're un-commissioned. Aside from that, my only other grip with the new BOFF system is the monitization of something that wasn't monitized before with dilithium.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015

yup no fix effected me it all just acted like another bug added with a patch that sometimes it works sometimes it don't and sometimes the patch itself is responsible for deleting saved loadouts completely at what ever action triggers the original bug atleast once a day now
  • Options
    cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nimbull wrote: »
    Before patch my loadouts would head out on me quit regularlly even this week. After patch we'll see, I'm not holding my breath on things. Still once you figure out the new layouts for boffs it's not bad. One down side so far, I think I can't trade or post BOFFs to the exchange anymore when they're un-commissioned. Aside from that, my only other grip with the new BOFF system is the monitization of something that wasn't monitized before with dilithium.

yup buying things to not own is on its way out its soon to be banned even as buying a car that the sales person has no title hes giving you is fraud and the same is realized about monetization how the hell is it different from a fake car sale and not fraud the same way

this free to play model has been shady at best to begin with and if you paid for content you cant stop the developers from reprograming so its not what you paid for and if no refund it becomes a criminal act witch no agreement of use can bypass responsibility legally nothing can bypass crimal law in place you may not get your money back but no agreement can stop justice.
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since loadouts are available my stations often turned up empty. I HAD to use loadouts then to get it back fast, but my buttons got scrambled anyway.

Yesterday's update: I DID loose some abilities permanently. I know because I always get off the "eject warp plasma" as fast as possible and now it was back and that officer had NO replacemant for that. That is not what was promised and advertised.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After looking at this from a larger perspective, it would appear that the new BOFF system has broken EVERY SINGLE LOADOUT in my inventory by stripping every one of my BOFFs of at least one or more of their skills and replacing them with totally random garbage skills. Which means that, unless Cryptic plans to fix this (doubtful) I now have to fork over dilithium to the pay gate they've put BOFF training behind to retrain every single one of the bridge officers I own, and then dump XP, which could have been better spent elsewhere, back into them to skill them into the lost abilities.

*slow clap*
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loadouts only gave me a problem right back when they were first added to the game, took me a couple of days to figure out how to nail the damned things down, but once set it stayed like that. I'm also not in the habit of chopping and changing what gear/Boffs/Doffs I use on a ship, so that has probably helped me avoid the issues most of you seem to have.

However even I have been hit with loadout issues with this patch, I was at the bank in Drozana when I logged in, checked out all the changes, Boffs still had their powers and were in the right stations, beamed to my ship and the power trays were as they should be so I though good no disaster for me.

HA! transwarped to Earth to see what Q was flapping his gums about this time, and boom, no Boff powers in the tray, checked the stations and they were all empty, clicked on the loadout and only one of the Boffs got reseated, but in the wrong station.

It's taken me a couple of hours and a few "how the F did that happen", but I think (crosses everything) I got my Breen carriers loadout nailed down again.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After looking at this from a larger perspective, it would appear that the new BOFF system has broken EVERY SINGLE LOADOUT in my inventory by stripping every one of my BOFFs of at least one or more of their skills and replacing them with totally random garbage skills. Which means that, unless Cryptic plans to fix this (doubtful) I now have to fork over dilithium to the pay gate they've put BOFF training behind to retrain every single one of the bridge officers I own, and then dump XP, which could have been better spent elsewhere, back into them to skill them into the lost abilities.

*slow clap*

You should still have your original powers. You just need to swap them over under stations; the same happened to me..

Loadouts were never "fixed", but now I get the bug where all my boffs are removed when changing maps!

Makes it interesting in mission transitions....:rolleyes:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif