test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOff Training System Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can no longer tell what an ability does from the BOFF skill trainer. Not hovering over an ability you intend to purchase or right clicking it. From a new player perspective they would have to purchase a BOFF skill before knowing what it does.

And for the record I was surprised that my full compliment of level 3 BOFF skills were present and accounted for, those my captain was able to train and those trained from other BOFF's.
  • fluf2fluf2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lhoygow wrote: »
    Same problem, Dyson Science Destroyer T5-U, Commander Tactical station is not in the list of powers that can be slotted to the power tray, nor does it show up on the BOFF tray, so there is no way to use this power on the ship.

Same with me. Science Commander slot works but Commander Tactical slot doesn't work. Tried switching to tac mode, change tac boffs and switching instances and still nothing. Have APO2 slotted there.
    Leader of Nova Elite and House of Nova Elite
    Fluf - USS Angelia
    Kazar Chugra -USS Mirak
    Du'Ralle - IKS - K'Rag
    Koval - RRW -D'Dara
  • penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bridge officer candidates stuck in list, cannot sell or mail anymore.

I reported this on tribble... should have been fixed before it went live.
    Seriously I am playing several beta test games that have less bugs. I like STO but honestly I wish it would just die so something better could take its place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BO3, TSS3 and so on no longer appear to be available for training (they were only trainable via BOffs before, which is no longer possible). Is there a workaround for that, or are the skills supposed to drop as loot now or something?
  • dandyludandylu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm not sure that I'm going to like having to purchase the training manuals using ec, to be frank, I spend enough ecs on other upgrades, that I just don't have enough to spend on training manuals.
  • dandyludandylu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BO3, TSS3 and so on no longer appear to be available for training (they were only trainable via BOffs before, which is no longer possible). Is there a workaround for that, or are the skills supposed to drop as loot now or something?

I noticed that in some of the packs we get, there are some traits that are dropping, but I'm not sure if the skills are dropping. I'll post if I find something.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Iam also for a ROLLBACK to before the Latest Patch that totaly BROKE Everything for EVERYONE, this was by far the Most Terrible Patch for a looong time.

I have 36 Main Chars, 18 of them Fairly New and not yet Set up Right, but my old 18 Chars were Perfectly Setup with all the Skills / Powers that i wanted, and thanks to this TRIBBLE everything is totally MESSED up now, and NO i checked the Boffs of a few of my Chars (before i Closed the Game FRUSTRATED!) and they DONT have their Original Skills anymore, they are just GONE, esspecially the RARE Skills that came with Boffs, all my Work for NOTHING, THANK YOU CRYPTIC:mad::mad:

Again the only Quick Solution i see here is a Rollback, after that you can First Implent the Anniversary Event....AFTER Fixing the Bugs from it, when the Anniversary is over, than you can Imlent the New Boff System and Icons...again AFTER Fixing the Bugs Including the Lost Boff Skills!

You Guys know that this is the Right thing to do, so DO IT! :mad::mad:
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any official thread about the small delay in abilities activation both in ground and space?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Dyson Science Destroyer, last years anniversary ship, the Tactical and Science commander powers don't show up for adding to the power tray, but do show up under Stations when you have the Boff slotted.

It's the C-Store ones also. The 4th appears in a 5th square and whatever power is in there is now a captain Boff power and we have no captain boffs so the power is unslottable in your tray.
    Any official thread about the small delay in abilities activation both in ground and space?

Mine is pretty bad. It's unplayable bad. I have to click multiple times to get it register. By the time the heal goes off, it's too late. I'm already in the respawn timer.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    all my bridge officers have had their skills removed and replaced with what seems like random ones.

So you can forget about me trying to do the featured episode until they're fixed as I am NOT going to be spending dilithium getting them skills they already had prior to the update.
  • czuryloczurylo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. The Activation of the abilities-keys ist strongly time delayed (about 1 - 1.5 seconds) in Combat this is just devastating!

2. The cooldowns of the activated abilities are suddenly also completely out of sync. Pressing e.g. 3 skills at the same time, they have not the same cooldowns as it was before patch.

3. The new icons, especially the ones for the tactical abilities are represended really bad. It can be seen very badly when cooldowns are finished and the abilitie is available again.
  • vandyfoxvandyfox Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ship - Dyson Reconnaissance Science Destroyer
    Skills Missing - Any Commander rank skill

I also have missing skills from this ship, but my other ships seem fine (so far). For me both my tactical and science commander skills will not show up in my skills list or hotbars. They do show up in the 'change abilities'. This covers any of the relevant officers and their skills, not just the ones that were in that slot before the new system was put in.
  • zyrrajzyrraj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Logged in this morning (1/30, U.S. time zone). About............a third of my BOFF space skills have been replaced with random abilities? For example, I had Engineering Team I and II on one BOFF - Engineering Team II is now Emergency Power to Weapons II. Science officer has Auxiliary to Structural II replaced with Tractor Beam II.

Quickly scanning ground abilities, seems to be same deal.

Oddly enough, both my tactical officers appear to have been completely unaffected, just my two engineering and one science BOFFs.

I think I'm going to wait for the next patch rather than spend resources on retraining everybody...
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015
    while a BO is slotted on my ship I cannot change their skills

Removing the BO from the ship .,.,Now I can select the proper skill and put the BO back on the ship

The delay in using skills has added a lot of difficulty to the game,. Is this intentional ?
    its almost 2 seconds of delay

Torp spread 3 missing

Transfer shield strength 3 missing
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    glyken wrote: »
    all my bridge officers have had their skills removed and replaced with what seems like random ones.

same with me. Its all very confusing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    This seems to just be a display issue.

Have an Eng Boff. On the Skills tab the Main Heading is for SCIENCE Abilities. All the skills seem to actually be Engy skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • funkychicken2funkychicken2 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't figure out how to improve a skill that a boff knows (i.e. putting SP's into Gravity Well to reduce the cooldown). Where is the interface to do it now? Is is that gone now and we're stuck using all powers at the max cooldown?

When logged in last night I was somehow able to train my Reman science BO in Transfer Shield Strength 3 (without any book or a science boff to teach the skill). But for some reason was unable to teach it to any of my other science boffs.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My boff powers are constantly resetting to their original powers and unseating from my ship. My loadouts aren't remembering what powers my boffs had active. Power activation is super laggy now, it's always been a pain to activate multiple powers at once but now it's impossible on ground and space, teamed or not teamed. This release is an unmitigated disaster :mad:
  • nephiannephian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After carefully observing the new changes to the Bridge Officer Powers system, I have attempted to adapt to the changes with the instructions and options provided, to no effect. Selecting trained abilities such as Fire At Will III, Attack Pattern Omega III (etc) for use in the Powers Tray will appear to have worked correctly until the ship enters a new map, at which point all abilities revert to the Bridge Officers' default "factory settings" abilities.

Reproduction steps:

1. Logged into lvl60 Fed-aligned Romulan using any Breen ship (Raider, Carrier, Cruiser)

2. Observed incorrect Bridge Officer abilities slotted, manually corrected via the "Skills" tab on each individual bridge officer.

3. Observed incorrect Bridge Officer abilities still listed in "Stations" tab -- each station must be manually set to "None" and have the Bridge Officer manually reassigned to it, to display the correctly-selected abilities

4. Map-move to any new location

5. Observe that starship Powers tray has loaded in incorrect Bridge Officer Abilities once again.

6. Observe that the Stations tab and the individual officers' Skills tabs have defaulted to the incorrect abilities once again. All manual settings have been revoked.

7. In ~33% of all map transitions, Bridge Officer stations become unassigned, effectively un-equipping all officer passive skills & Powers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    Not a bug but I mentioned this on tribble.

There is now a big lack of skill descriptions...

In the past when we were at the Trainer NPC, we could sort by Tac/Engy or Ground Space and then we could easily see the skills grouped by Ensign, Lt, Lt Cmdr, Cmdr.

Unless someone has memorized every skill there is no way to know what rank the skill is.

Also a real lack of descriptions. This is worse in the "crafting" screen. Similar to have it displays no info on what we are crafting in R&D. If you don't know all the stats of a skill or the rank you have to go to the skills tab and find it in the list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Update for my KDF DR Orion pack officer from the last patch:
    The sound now triggers that the PADD is being consumed, but it still stays in the inventory, and the BOFF still cannot be trained.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • tiberius7picardtiberius7picard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Training Manual for Emergency Power to Auxiliary III cannot be crafted properly. I have tried this project on two engineering characters, but it doesn't work. Both of the characters have the proper skill point distribution.

I can start the project, a PADD is consumed, the project completes after 30 seconds, but no training manual is received.

I want this ability for my new secondary deflector! Please fix!
    Lifetime Subscriber since October 31st, 2014
    Star Trek Online Captain since September, 2012
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And the next problem with the new system, specially to do with loadouts:

If you try to swap a boff on bridge so that you can have a new set of skills quickly (yes, some of us do that), it will totally bork out back to the "default" skills. My favorite so far has:

Ensign: Tac team 1
    Lt: Torp HY
    Lt Cmdr: empty
    Cmdr: Tac Team 1 (I kid you not)

I've seen the videos where devs are playing the game and pressing a button, waiting for ages to see it "do" things, then press another one. A lot of us play far more aggressively, and also do things like multiple boff swaps to get the right skills at the right time (e.g. swapping to go from Torp Spread 1/Beam FAW3 dealing with probes to Torp HY1/Beam Overload 3 when dealing with a cube) and this system makes it a real hassle to play properly.

The whole thing's a disaster quite frankly. Did you do any checking of this new system at all?
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And I mind as well add the next one, the Intel Boffs "Specialization Qualification" bork-up:

Cost to create a Specialization Qualification PADD:

One PADD, plus 37,500 ec in buying a range of "Intel" skills from the trainer. However, with low-level Specialization Points in my toon (13 points), I can only train my Intel Boffs in skills that would cost, at most, 10,000 ec.

In other words, the Specialization Qualification PADD can be used for training of skills that aren't captain level. Another example of how this is all a poorly implemented boff training change there.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had a lot of bugs with swapping skills reset on my BOFFs. A lot of them are "special" BOFFs, so not sure if that's the issue. Also, lost all my bridge stations in the middle of a mission.
  • zyrrajzyrraj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So someone might have already mentioned this in the thread, but I'll post it up anyway in case it's useful to the devs.

So the basic situation - Admiral(55), post-patch on login my Science officer has her Hazard Emitters II replaced with Tractor Beam II, and my Engineering (one of) officer has Engineering Team II replaced with Emergency Power to Weapons II. Plus some of their ground skills are switched around.

Naturally, I get upset.

However, then I look in the Skills tab. Turns out, all the "replaced" skills are already unlocked. I just need to "switch back" to them. I have a theory - ! - that the skills being "replaced" without player notice are the ones that the player replaced way back when they'd received the officer. E.g. I'm sure my Engineer had EPW II originally, and then I retrained her to Engineering Team II (and invested points in that power). It's as if the game still knew what the officer's "original" powers were and defaulted to those on login post-patch.

Another twist - with space abilities. So, I clicked on the ones I wanted in the Skills tab, then go to space. Ha! Tractor Beam II and EPW II are still on my toolbar, and in the ship's skill list (while Hazard Emitters II are not, for example). I had to set the station to "none", and then plug the officer back in, and THEN the correct skills started to show up. There is no automatic refresh, in other words. No idea if that happened with ground skills, didn't check.

Hopefully this will help track down some of the issues with the system.
  • fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am unable to train boffs in higher level skills or Specializations on my two eldest characters (Fed Tac and Klink Tac) Everything seems to be working fine, but when I execute "Learn" it gives the correct message of how many Exp points it will cost, then nothing happens.

I tested on all 4 of my characters, both my newer Fed Sci and Rom Tac have no problems at all training boffs in skills or specializations.

This bug needs to be fixed ASAP, I have currently shelved both my bugged characters and one of them happens to be my main, very disappointing.
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Training Manual for Emergency Power to Auxiliary III cannot be crafted properly. I have tried this project on two engineering characters, but it doesn't work. Both of the characters have the proper skill point distribution.

I can start the project, a PADD is consumed, the project completes after 30 seconds, but no training manual is received.

Confirmed this. happened to me as well. Project running, mats consumed, confirmed project finished, but no training manual produced.
  • haplo013haplo013 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sufrea wrote: »
    Emergency Power to Auxilary 3 doesn't come out of R&D crafting.

Queueing the action in R&D consumes a PADD and a slot for crafting, except the icon/description for what's being crafting is blank. Waiting 30s for the item to finish on the description screen (and then clickng "Collect Resut") produces nothing. Exiting the description screen with automatically remove the queue'd crafting from the R&D listing with no items gained, no buttons clicked.

I've attempted to make this ability 3 times, exact same problem each time. Emergency Power to Weapons 3 was successfully created, no problems.

I've attempted this action only on a KDF toon. Said toon has 9 ranks of Starship Auxillary Performance.

Toon's name: Isunno
    Location where attempted: DS9

I have also just had this problem. Tried twice both times as soon as it finished it just disappeared from the R&D page. I have 8 ranks of Starship Auxillary and was on a Fed Toon.

Toon Name: Naomi
    Location Attempt: My Ship's Bridge
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't know if this problem has already been reported before, but I will post it as I'm not bothered to read through the entire thread.

With this new boff system I managed to get all of my skills back as they were. I took 4 new boffs to my crew that I'm using now as my standard away team. I trained and slotted them the skills I want them to use. But sometimes on map change, it randomly decides to replace the slotted skills for skills I don't want them to use. So far this only has happened to the Ground abilities. Space seemed to be unaffected.

For example: I trained one of them Plasma Grenade II on the Commander rank slot, and Suppressing Fire II on the Lt. Commander slot. When I change map, Ambush I is suddenly on the Commander rank slot, and Stealth Module I on the Lt. Commander rank slot. This also happens to other Boffs on the away team. Almost on each map change I'm busy putting the skills back the way they are supposed to be.

This is extremely frustrating. Please fix this. And if you're telling me that this is "working as intended" then still, I will be the one who decides what skills my boffs use. Not you Cryptic.

Ticket ID: #3,137,308.
This discussion has been closed.