test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good Lord Does Cryptic have no Freakin' Shame!?

drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
So I log into the 5th anniversary event and what do I find?

The principle event's mission Dust to Dust is bugged and can't be completed.
The principle event's mini-game is bugged and can't be completed.
The worse lag for this game in years.
The return of the power tray bug in spades and the lost of hours to correct it again by playing shuffle games with ships and zones.

And this on top of the embarrassment that was the Winter Event launch and nerfed PvE queues. I've never logged out this game before with such sheer *anger*.

What possible reason is there for this bloody abortion of an event!? Has STO become some sort of a blind test for just how much s**t the customer will take.

I dare you to break Doffing. I just dare you. Because that's the only part of the game that seems to working for me, and you might as well shoot for 100% failure. You might just be able to hit that target.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dontbefooleddontbefooled Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This event, while very annoying can be completed. I have completed it. Never want to hear harry kim's damn voice again ever.

The rest of your rant I do agree with tho.

This is as close to the end as this game can get. I pray another company buys out Cryptic and brings this game back to its glory days.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

This event, while very annoying can be completed. I have completed it. Never want to hear harry kim's damn voice again ever.

So did my Fleet Mate. But he didn't encounter dead foes who instead of dying turned invisible and un-targetable while still firing on you and not advancing the encounter.

That was the last thing I attempted before logging out. I shouldn't have to deal with this sort of stuff.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Poor Harry, he is now the new Kurland.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is as close to the end as this game can get. I pray another company buys out Cryptic and brings this game back to its glory days.

Hehe, wait, when was the Glory days? 2010 when the game launched? Do tell please :)
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Given the continuous stream of sloppy execution, they should re-evaluate all aspects of their organization.

I realize this is only a stupid video game, but WTF? People should be held accountable for this gross level on incompetence.

It seems that EVERYTHING is broken.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    More like 2006, when they announced the thing and we still had hope...
    Some players are still having hope about PVP in STO. Poor guys, I suppose nobody at Cryptic found the courage to tell them the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Poor Harry, he is now the new Kurland.
    na KURLANDHERE is still faaaaaaaaar faaaar the nr.1, hary is nothing compared to KURLANDHERE
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    raddamusraddamus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Q. Good Lord Does Cryptic have no Freakin' Shame!?
    A. No.

Q. Has STO become some sort of a blind test for just how much s**t the customer will take.
    A. Yes.
  • Options
    fafreyxcfafreyxc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Steampunker7, I hope you have on fireproof underwear.

Cause son, you are about to get flamed I suspect.

Regards,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raddamus wrote: »
    Q. Has STO become some sort of a blind test for just how much s**t the customer will take.
    A. Yes.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Dat truth! OMG dat truth.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raddamus wrote: »
    Q. Good Lord Does Cryptic have no Freakin' Shame!?
    A. No.

A. Yes.

Have to say...been here since Beta...seen the great (LOR) and the worst (DR) of STO. However, first time ever in these 5 years I have noticed playerbase being so flamed with an anniversary launch. I cannot comprehend if this is on purpose or just beating a dead horse (playerbase).

I'm still hopeful this MMO exists longer than just by the end of the year but wont bet anything on it. Just sad to see how management dont listen anymore.

I noticed they have a new Lead designer...but I think as long as other management dont communicate with playerbase there will be some more flaming. For the rest that have moved on or muted...seen same issues since DR...just a shame to see a great game be this way.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    suzy32 wrote: »

OMG. :D

Really, thanks for that, after tonights catastrophe, i needed a laugh.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They don't listen at all. Not only do they not listen - but seem to go out of their way to annoy players. E.g: Making tray icons tiny and obscure (without any kind of logical reason other than 'cuz we can')
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seriously, STO ended a while ago. You guys have been just been playing part of the large sociological experiment for the last 3+ months. How much more TRIBBLE will people take before they leave? Push them more!
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All I've done is interject some much needed perspective. What others do with it is up to them.

Perspective:

"If you can keep your head while all those around you are losing theirs, then obviously you don't understand the situation." /jk

:D
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because no major update in the history of MMOs has ever had problems or glitches on the first day of release. Shame on you Cryptic. Shame on you for breaking the streak.

Oh wait...

Seriously folks, take a midol and relax. Its a flipping game, not some lifeblood of the ancients you will wither to a dried up cadaver and die without. There have been a few posts floating around indicating the Devs are aware and working on things. Based on past experience it will probably be a day or two before the major bumps are smoothed out. Till then is it at all possible to for people demonstrate a touch of maturity, not flip out, or come raging to forums? Sheesh... >.>;

So not trying to flame, but explain to me why "because it's always been this way" is this an acceptable answer? Why can't Cryptic break the streak?

The problem is, a lot of the issues won't be fixed in a couple of days. We still have bugs in the game that are 5 years old, and that Cryptic simply now works around and through because the developers, by their own admission, don't fully understand how the entire code works anymore.

As to " it's a flipping game" it's a flipping game I paid money for and I expect something for my money, not "well you paid your subscription/lifetimer and now you have to wait a few couple of days while we get our act together, because as usual we put out a buggy and totally incomplete expansion" and why "because that's the way we and every developer do it."

Sorry maturity is giving a playable, workable product to your paying customers.. I get it you want to play white knight and defend Cryptic because you love this game... but saying that it's acceptable to provide this kind of service because "Cryptic has always done this" is kind of pitiful.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I found a work-around for my Dust to Dust problem. While the enemy were not visible and not directly targetable by my character, I was able to target them through my BOFFs. Although to be honest, I don't know why I made the effort, I don't even want that worthless non-cannon non-faction piece of junk.

This was the keystone mission of the update, and they couldn't even get that right.

Well, at least Squadron 42 is suppose to ship this year...
  • Options
    crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If what I said causes some people to stop, take a moment, really think about how they conduct themselves here, and perhaps think a bit before hitting the reply button then the words were not wasted.

If what I said causes some to take offense, rage harder, they were probably already on the warpath anyway and little ol' me isn't going make it worse.

All I've done is interject some much needed perspective. What others do with it is up to them.
    I have perspective. I spent real money on this product and have seen it transformed into screwed up mess over the last 6 months.

I'm glad you are in your happy place. I've been robbed, so I'm in my angry place.
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    suzy32 wrote: »

Spot on. The best way of summing this fail up.

Frustration = Fun, the Cryptic way.
This discussion has been closed.