test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOff Training System Bugs Reporting Thread

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new BOff Training System on 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can't train Tactical Team III.

I have 6 points in Squad Command, a ground power which always seemed odd to me anyway, but it's in the tooltip.

[EDIT] I have checked on another toon and it apparently works for them, they only have 3 points in squad command
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just Checked several of my Chars...and my Boffs Lost theirs SKills?! and NO trying to change them back does not work since they just DONT have them anymore......so i have to go through my 36 chars now and spend dill and time to Give my Boffs back what you took away from them? And thats not even Possible with Rare Skills that came with Boffs......Omega Molecules Bugged and we have to fly around half the Galaxy for it, AND only a few random Spawn per Instance?!......, New Boff System Bugged and Incomplete (Lost Boff Skills.......) extreme Rubberbanding (is it not time for at least 1 more server?!) You really Messed up again...you know Testing things..should be done BEFORE you bring the new Content Live not AFTERWARDS....asking us to be Patient..but you know at one Point even the Most Patient Player will have enough of all of this......:mad:
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Read the tribble feedback and you will find them all.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    zydrigeonzydrigeon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just bought and learned every skill purchaseable from the bridge officer trainer. I cannot retrain my Boffs back to the Commander rank they were before you decided to demote all of them. I dont care about the rubberbanding/particle issues. I want my bridge officers rank back.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    logged on to find my boffs having the wrong skills. They were not the skills I logged off with.

Space skills are out of whack, but the inactive boffs were intact and I just switched them out.
  • Options
    thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dispersal Pattern Alpha III is listed as learnable in the bridge officer skills tab, but can't be crafted in the Officer Training R&D tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Read the tribble feedback and you will find them all.

I know that you can switch the Skills individually...but THEY ARE NOT THERE. The Skills of many of my Boffs are Replaced with others, and their Original Skill that they had is no longer avaible....thats just Annoying -_-
  • Options
    beefydegreebeefydegree Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I know, and, what makes it so annoying, I have had one with Omega3, and Attack Pattern Bata 2, now I don't have any of them, where they are supposed to be, and yeah, I have check the tribble. Now, how am im supposed to get them back? And every BOFF I have, doesn't match up, like they should have. What is the deal with that? I mean, this is really sad... A lot of people going to be very upset about this, which I don't blame them.:mad:
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Some of my BOFFs that previously had Attack Pattern Omega III do not have it. I have to step down to APO2. You took away a perfectly good ability that I trained my BOFF for and of course you're going to make me work to get it back, aren't you?

This affects the following toons:
    Catalie Portman@morden613
    Jalad@morden613
    Catleesi Targaryen@morden613
    Vala Mal Doran@morden613

This affects the Commander Tac BOFF of the above.

Thankfully my BOFFs that have BO3 still have it or trust me, this would be more of an epic rage that would get me banned from the forum.

After logging into the game, after finding my BOFF skills were screwed with, after I already messed with them and saved the loadout, you're telling me there was a workaround. WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE THIS PUBLIC IN A NEWS POST instead of the "oh yeah, by the way.."? I lost those abilities, Craptic will probably never give them back without me working for them.

And you couldn't have made this info more public why?

Give me my BOFF powers back, that you took away. That's all I want.

You couldn't have done this in a different way, perhaps? Or an in-game notice or something?

(And I think I'm entitled to rage because Craptic screwed up.)

*insert much swearing here*
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here's the feedback:

I already had all the high-end skills. They are now gone.

If you are incapable of changing a system without having it break, Do Not Change What's Not Broken. Especially since it ends up breaking as a result.

I don't need and will not retrain my boffs. My playing is now dependent upon your fixing the system so I do not have to retrain everything. I will not continually repair all my toons while your development team keep fiddling with mechanics that don't need to be changed.

End of discussion.
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ^^ This.

Or don't change something without extensive player testing, ironing out all bugs first, and listening to player feedback (not ignoring it). But Cryptic seems to be incapable of doing so. They insist on releasing buggy features, buggy content without testing.

You wouldn't even know they had a test server. They don't use it much, do they?

I wonder if there's a timeline where content/features have to be rolled out by x date, or else?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Same here, iam NOT Willing to Spend anything to get my Boff Powers back that you TOOK AWAY, just because you Add Something that was not even neccesary, still while the Idea behind the new Boff System is not Completly Bad, the way you Implented it is TERRIBLE. We Lost many of our High End Skills, that we cannot get back without Spending Dill / EC whatever and that is INACCEPTABLE. With the old System, we only had to Spend EC (and not much) now we have to Spend Dill + MUCH more EC and materials......How much do you want us to Grind anymore??? This Game is allready a Bloody Grindfest, and you make it worse and worse...break what was not Broken, dont Fix what is Broken for YEARS...Nerf everything.....when will you stop this?? Why cant you just Leave us Play our Game and have FUN without Torturing us??? I LOVE Star Trek Online, i Spend MUCH Money and WAY MORE Time in this Game (iam a Lifer), i want to go on Playing this Game, but you Guys do EVERYTHING Possible to make this Game as UN-FUN as Possible......its just SAD so SAD :(:(:(
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I tested this on tribble, this bug was NOT there,
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I tested this on tribble, this bug was NOT there,

So they again Managed to Break, what was working on Tribble......i....i just dont know what to say anymore.....*Ultra SAD Face*:(
  • Options
    horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Here's the feedback:

I already had all the high-end skills. They are now gone.

If you are incapable of changing a system without having it break, Do Not Change What's Not Broken. Especially since it ends up breaking as a result.

I don't need and will not retrain my boffs. My playing is now dependent upon your fixing the system so I do not have to retrain everything. I will not continually repair all my toons while your development team keep fiddling with mechanics that don't need to be changed.

End of discussion.

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. Borticus posted a workaround but I didn't get what I have to do. Maybe it's just me being not a native speaker but it's sad anyways.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    horstpfick wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have to agree with that. Borticus posted a workaround but I didn't get what I have to do. Maybe it's just me being not a native speaker but it's sad anyways.

The workaround's not great. Basically as players, we still need to spend time repairing all of our boffs by going through them one by one, and reslotting all of our skills. For someone like me, with many toons and a range of boffs for each toon, the whole thing is a nightmare. The only (very very very small) consolation is that I can now train my non-swappable boffs (Android and Borg) in the previously-unavailable high-end skills. It's still not worth the mountain of work Cryptic has dumped on players however.

I'll make a step by step shortly, to explain how to repair boffs.

I stand by my original sentiment that it should never have been changed under these conditions.

EDIT: I've added that Step-By-Step, and adding a couple of images to show what you should be seeing (though today Steam's decided to be problematic too which is great timing). I'd also add to my annoyance, that changing the graphic representation of the skills means also having to read the name of each skill. When you're someone like me, with something like 120 boffs (I'm not exaggerating), this whole fiddle is just one huge annoyance.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Training boffs worked great. Sadly SELECTING the ground skills that are going to be used doesn't work correctly. Moving from a ground map to a space map messes with the selection, and either restores the default ground powers or just selects a new group randomly.
    Also there seems to be major issues with newly trained intel boffs. Most of the time they just ignore any power you try to select and keep their default. Or lets you select and then the bug mentioned above happens when you change maps.
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No gw3 on one toon no bo3 and no fbp3 either at like others i tried to change but saddly the skills were no longer there. This system was apost to make switching ships easyier they got it backwards it makes it take longer to switch while yes i see the advantages but loss of skills was disvastateing to me and my build
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dyson Science Destroyer, last years anniversary ship, the Tactical and Science commander powers don't show up for adding to the power tray, but do show up under Stations when you have the Boff slotted.
  • Options
    ibreakbonesibreakbones Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This skill can no longer be equipped.

I went to the officers skills and I can see it and equip it on the ground but as soon as I return to my ship Tac Team I becomes torpedo high yield 1 (Useless to me). I cannot change it back to TT1 no matter what I do because it will only equip if I am on the ground and not while in my ship where I actually need it.

Please fix this as it is extremely frustrating. Also please test your patches before you release them on Holodeck.

UPDATE ***** I found that if I leave the area, and select my load-out it will but my space skills right.

Hopefully they will fix this annoying bug soon.
  • Options
    johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bridge officer candidates stuck in list, cannot sell or mail anymore.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Dyson Science Destroyer, last years anniversary ship, the Tactical and Science commander powers don't show up for adding to the power tray, but do show up under Stations when you have the Boff slotted.

Same problem, Dyson Science Destroyer T5-U, Commander Tactical station is not in the list of powers that can be slotted to the power tray, nor does it show up on the BOFF tray, so there is no way to use this power on the ship.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PADDs don't appear in the "R&D Components" category of the exchange.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cannot learn Polarize Hull I or Hazard Emitters II on the KDF Orion science intel boff from the Delta Rising pack. Gorn character, level 40, Trihth @ nepsthen . I promoted the bridge officer, hoping it would allow me to train them, but still, nothing. I checked at each level after promotion. The PADDs are in my inventory. The Tactical Team I on a regular KDF boff I tried to train on worked.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    And now for something new:

One of my boffs is showing "Fire At Will 2" in an Ensign slot. That's on top of the "Suddenly five boff skill slots, but only three able to have a skill in them" from earlier.

This latest bit of busywork was just so well designed :mad:
  • Options
    dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lost some of my BOFF skills. Can't get them back at all despite what is set on the skills screen.
  • Options
    sufreasufrea Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Emergency Power to Auxilary 3 doesn't come out of R&D crafting.

Queueing the action in R&D consumes a PADD and a slot for crafting, except the icon/description for what's being crafting is blank. Waiting 30s for the item to finish on the description screen (and then clickng "Collect Resut") produces nothing. Exiting the description screen with automatically remove the queue'd crafting from the R&D listing with no items gained, no buttons clicked.

I've attempted to make this ability 3 times, exact same problem each time. Emergency Power to Weapons 3 was successfully created, no problems.

I've attempted this action only on a KDF toon. Said toon has 9 ranks of Starship Auxillary Performance.

Toon's name: Isunno
    Location where attempted: DS9
  • Options
    coraxdracocoraxdraco Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Upon logging onto Holodeck today, after the 5th Anniversary patch, many players have noted that the abilities their Boffs currently own were changed. I'm here to tell you why that may have happened to you, and how to quickly deal with it.

Any Bridge Officer that possessed a "rare" ability had it restored to them via a fix-up script we ran on the Boff's data. This script had the side effect of slotting these restored powers into active Stations.

However, any Boff Ability that you previously chose to train these Boffs with should still be available. All you need to do to restore the ability, is select from the appropriate UI on the Stations Tab.

After re-assigning their previous powers, you may need to update/refresh your current Load Out as well.

We apologize if this causes players any inconvenience, but it was the only method we had available to ensure that these rare abilities were still available on the officers that were intended to have them, without forcing players to re-acquire them.
    (Quoted from borticuscryptic's post at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1359481

This is vaguely worded at best.

As near as I can decipher, paragraphs two and three are contradictory. If the BOFF was slotted to an "active Station" (whatever that is), why do you need to "select from the appropriate UI on the Stations Tab"?

Next, it just isn't true. I CAN decipher that they're claiming no BOFFs lost their skills, but that simply is not true. Many of my BOFFs lost many of their skills. Also, the BOFFs I had stationed on my ship were removed or even changed. Most of my toons now have ships with no bridge officers, but the few that still had BOFFs assigned had different ones assigned than I had when I logged out prior to the patch. I suspect that is what paragraph two is saying (poorly).

By the HUGE number of sticky threads for all manner of bugs for this latest patch, we can clearly see that they have anticipated that there will be bugs. That brings me to a very basic principle of all sciences (including computer sciences): When making changes, do not make so many changes that you cannot tell which change had what effect (see http://www.butunclebob.com/ArticleS.UncleBob.PrinciplesOfOod for a programming example of the concept).

Yet, here we are with a patch that has the event, new skill icons, new BOFF skill system, and some other various smaller things. The first three listed items should each be their own separate patch. I understand that PWE wanted the new skill icons rolled out with the new BOFF skill system, but it was misguided, to be polite. If I were cynical, I would suggest that the reason they changed the skill icons at the same time they changed the BOFF skill system was to obfuscate the number of BOFFs that got skills changed.

I can only see one reasonable solution to this current situation (even though I am reasonably sure it won't happen): Go into emergency maintenance immediately. Roll back the servers to before the patch (yes, including what players have done since). Credit everyone who logged in since the patch with a) 8,000 dil b) the daily Qmendations c) some compensatory "we're sorry" gift for each character on that account (regardless of whether they logged in with that toon or not). Restart the servers in their state PRIOR to the anniversary patch.

Subsequent to that, the anniversary event could be delayed a week to give them time to strip out the BOFF skill system from the patch. Then, the anniversary event could go on as planned (though a week late) and give players a chance at enjoying the event whilst giving PWE a chance to fix the bugs with that patch (which will undoubtedly still be an issue even with the event a week late).

At some time further in the future, the new icons could be implemented to give players time to get used to all the new icons prior to any new BOFF training system. Finally, the new BOFF training system could be implemented when all the other problems have been resolved (or the anniversary event is over) with bug fixes implemented (PRIOR to going live) that will ensure that players will not lose their BOFF skills again.

And to get totally pie-in-the-sky, they should fix the load out bugs that cause BOFFs to be removed from their stations prior to implementing the new BOFF training system. This should be done because again, players get used to certain BOFFs being stationed on their ships, but they may not track too carefully which BOFF is where. Most, however do know that when they press 7, gravity well 3 is used (or whatever). It would be far easier for everyone to track bugs and report problems when they can still see their BOFFs slotted where they were except with whatever buggy skills they have instead of the ones they should.

I know such a solution would upset people who spent hours trying to do pretty much anything, but it is far less upsetting to at least have what you had before with a small token thrown in for the wasted time than to have every player be forced to go through each toon and re-train BOFFs, potentially spending considerable dil in the process, to get things back to where they were prior to the patch. As it stands, if a player wishes to play the ship they had before the patch with the skills each BOFF had before the patch, PWE is "forcing players to re-acquire them".
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Cannot train boffs in specializations.

According to the devs, you need at least 10 points in intelligence or command to train a boff in that specialization. I've seen several players with intel maxed who CANNOT train boffs into intelligence specialization.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Rollback. That's all I can say. This new system is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Oh, and yeah, I had everything set up the way I use like it. I got on today, and I didn't have a single one of my old biff abilities. None. Just spent a stupid amount of dil and ec to get most of it back. Go back to the old system, and stop ****ing breaking **** that doesn't need to be fixed. At this point, I'm really starting the think the guys at bigpoint and unity are more competent.
This discussion has been closed.