test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"No Win Scenario is no longer available." WTF?

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
What the.................. the most iconic, most true canon PvE mission is just gone? Ok maybe exaggerated a bit here but still....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I heard mutterings that it was going to be removed. I suppose the Battle of Korfez is the new no win scenario now.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    What the.................. the most iconic, most true canon PvE mission is just gone? Ok maybe exaggerated a bit here but still....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

It was removed because... he he, hold on, you'll love this... it was being completed too often! HA HA HAAAA HAAAAAAAA!

Seriously, that's why.

HA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah this one had me probably the most unhappy. It was one of the few I had never gotten around to completing and getting the accolade for. Very displeased about this.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most canon mission? This mission had literally nothing to do with the Kobayashi Maru. It was, like most of STO, just that they named something in the game after something that was somehow mentioned on screen at one time ;)

Still, it's always bad when content gets removed. Though I think they want to "bring it back" at one point.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow.... i never got a chance to finish it..... that makes me furious... :mad:

Honestly, I find myself hating this game more and more for every major update. At this rate I may even quit for good.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now it will truly live up to it's name because we'll never be able to win it!!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,397 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully, that means they're going to completely redesign it, even incorporating a single-player version where you have various random questions to answer in order to progress and based on your answers, you get a different situation that can result in either no combat, easy combat, difficult combat and near impossible combat where the rewards will differ depending on that.

With some luck, even if you correctly choose the non-combat way, you won't necessarly get less valuable rewards, just different kinds (like a different kind of very rare components for each scenario so it encourages you to try them all).

Ah, excuse me, I was daydreaming and now, I'm sad.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Most canon mission? This mission had literally nothing to do with the Kobayashi Maru. It was, like most of STO, just that they named something in the game after something that was somehow mentioned on screen at one time ;)

Still, it's always bad when content gets removed. Though I think they want to "bring it back" at one point.

Would be cool if they brought it back as a single-player mission and actually included the Kobayashi Maru this time.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have you guys been avoiding the forums or something, its been the topic of a couple threads for the last few weeks that this mission was going bye bye.. yet the first day its removed you then decide now to jump up and down that its gone, too little too late to argue the point...
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it's being re-tooled as an event STF.