test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mini-Q Game Bug Reports Thread

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Mini-Q Daily Game System 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Mini-Q's that you talk to to start the Gift event don't seem to de-spawn, so you wind up with 2 Qs under the gifts, that was the only thing I noticed, but it might be lag related, the lag right now at SFA and ESD is pretty terrible.

The Chase Q down event seemed to be working, though lag was making catching him a bit strange.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    The Mini-Q's that you talk to to start the Gift event don't seem to de-spawn, so you wind up with 2 Qs under the gifts, that was the only thing I noticed, but it might be lag related, the lag right now at SFA and ESD is pretty terrible.

The Chase Q down event seemed to be working, though lag was making catching him a bit strange.

Issue verified. Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    - The first location was ESD, approached the particle after numerous rubberbanding, clicked on the particle and to start the game and it instantly said it was completed! (I was the only person scanning the particle)

- Second location was Vulcan, approached the particle and the game did start, but each particle I was catching did not count towards anything the graphic on the right did not build up at all (again I was the only person scanning). Then when I finished the game it did not register on the mission tracker that Vulcan done.

- Third location was K7 and exactly the same as second location happened although there were other players.

So both the scanning game and the mission does not work.:mad:
  • bogbotbogbot Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    esd didnt even play game , clicked start and it ended

vulcan played gaame got a score a couple of times rest was running round and getting nothing

k7 did a few times and like vulcan where i managed to get a score it didnt complete
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    My experience seems pretty common on 'Party Patrol'

1.) The weird random rubberbanding* and server lags prevent you from starting. It took 5 tries.

2.) Q seems to be duplicated - 2-3 of him overlaying the other. One moves the other do or donto radomly.

Update: Counted 4 this time.

3.) Previous version you could see him move, catch glimpses etc. This version has multiple Q's in different positions. Answers are successful guessing more than anything else.

4.) Chasing after the escaping npc is a bit of a laugh. The capture doesn't appear at all at anytime - while your dodging invisible blockages.

*this is the really odd effect. It's not normal rubberbanding, it's as if my toon is interacting with other objects pushing left or right, no backwards and forwards.
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where do we start?

Only 1 player can play at a time so no one else should be able to begin it right? (But they can and it causes you to lose anything you may have collected.)

Even when you are the only one at the molecule...sometimes it doesn't work either.

I had collected at ESD and Vulcan...double checked to make sure. Went to K-7 and tried several times and instances till I got disconnected. Came back on at K-7 and tried several more times. Gave up...checked my resuts again and my Vulcan collection was GONE!. Wiped off the face of the universe! Why? Did the disconnection cause it? No idea...but let me know when you guys get this to where it is playable.

And add more molecules to areas.....geeezzzz....not everyone has all day to try to chase these things down just to have them disappear or not count!! (All in all.....this minigame is a flop!)
  • tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sorry wrong thread.
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yup. Rubberbanding, multi-q
  • giovasbackwtgiovasbackwt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the game itself is a bug lol
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't even know if the particle scanning minigame is broken because THERE ARE NO WRITTEN RULES ON HOW TO SUCCEED.

I haven't the tiniest fog of a hint as to whether all those vague blobs I'm pointing an arrow at are supposed to contribute to my score or just disappear. It seems to do it at random and I don't know at all how I am supposed to get points.

I guess I will have to randomly keep trying to play this stupid thing until it randomly lets me win.

Everything that comes with Q is badly broken at best, and designed to be garbage at best.

...I don't even think the ship is very interesting.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    LOL The Academy minigame...just tried. Rubberbanding like crazy, when you have to chase the whatever...stop doesn't seem to work and duplicate mini Q's in the boxes. ( Like 1 isn't bad enough?)
  • crescentislandcrescentisland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dunno about the rest of you, but i've not been getting Qmendations from doing Part Patrol :(
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dunno about the rest of you, but i've not been getting Qmendations from doing Part Patrol :(

No Qmendations from Party Patrol anymore. They moved those over to the Omega Particle trace mini game exclusively. Which is bugged.

I wish they'd allowed us to PICK where we want to get the Qmendations from instead of forcing us into this new game. I get that there are some people (those who are color blind come to mind) who have problems with the Party Patrol and another option was needed to keep things fair.

But in what is seemingly becoming a tradition here, content was removed and we're shoe-horned into some new lackluster thing. That doesn't work.

I'll check back tomorrow and see if things are better.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • crescentislandcrescentisland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rnaught wrote: »
    No Qmendations from Party Patrol anymore. They moved those over to the Omega Particle trace mini game exclusively. Which is bugged.

I wish they'd allowed us to PICK where we want to get the Qmendations from instead of forcing us into this new game. I get that there are some people (those who are color blind come to mind) who have problems with the Party Patrol and another option was needed to keep things fair.

But in what is seemingly becoming a tradition here, content was removed and we're shoe-horned into some new lackluster thing. That doesn't work.

I'll check back tomorrow and see if things are better.

Oh...well don't I feel dumb!

That aside, things seem to have calmed down with the Omega game, I've managed to finish it with 3 toons so far.
  • funkychicken2funkychicken2 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I couldn't get the mini game going at Vulcan at all. Got it fine at Starfleet academy and starbase 39.
  • risingmystrisingmyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doesnt work at Sol System. When collecting particles they turn green when in correct spot but at end of game, no reward and does not count what you captured.
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sorry this event is undoable given that I'm rubber banding all over the place like crazy. Mini Q always escapes. Same is happening on ESD it took me 10 minutes to get out of the transporter room.

It's not my machine or my network connection it's only just started happening since patch.

I cannot complete the event whilst this is happening.
    edited January 2015
    OMG....the rubberbanding today is ridiculous!! What happened in the past 10 hours to make it get worse? I'm stuck on ESD in the old BOFF training area and seriously can't get up the stairs!!! It's gonna make me lose my mind and start the hysterical laughing!! Then I won't be able to play for days!!
  • plvoyplvoy Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wrong Thread
    =/\= Redacted =/\=
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have tried numerous times to accomplish the Omega mini game of Fed characters, but if it requires scanning in Earth Space Dock Space, it will not advance, I can do as mini games as I like and get materials all day long, this will not clear. I have tried dropping the mission, and trying again. It always has Earth Space Dock Space, and is a complete no go.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• aurabadgeraurabadger Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    having the same problem for ESD space... did the mini game 4 times.. omega molecule stabilization still hasn't given credit for doing it... so can't complete mission .. hope they fix it soon and the lag in ESD
  • centurion47centurion47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aurabadger wrote: »
    having the same problem for ESD space... did the mini game 4 times.. omega molecule stabilization still hasn't given credit for doing it... so can't complete mission .. hope they fix it soon and the lag in ESD

same for me.

Also - does the score supposed to have a purpose? i.e. does higher score suppose to give more particals? (I have score up to 1,000 so far - 4 destroy omega molecules)
  • kehlekrkehlekr Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I started on my Fed in ESD and cannot complete the mission at ESD and switched on my KDF and cannot complete the Omega particles at Bajor system. I submitted bug report 3,129,894.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's a bug with the Bajor System:

The Omega mini-game is suppose to be in space, not on the ground. And even if I do the red particles on the ground map, the Bajor system remains incomplete. I can't finish Q's omega missions.

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ricosakara wrote: »

The Omega mini-game is suppose to be in space, not on the ground. And even if I do the red particles on the ground map, the Bajor system remains incomplete. I can't finish Q's omega missions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Same here, I even tried to pick the mission up again in hopes to get something I could complete. The one yesterday I didn't even get to keep my q-mendations and now I can't even complete this one.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ricosakara wrote: »

PLEASE HELP!!!

Confirmed. Just had the same thing.
  • diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crowley875 wrote: »
    Confirmed. Just had the same thing.

Just too bad we can't get some help, feeling ignored no updates or anything.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ah where to start.

Issue: Omega Particles in Bajor System Space. THEY AREN'T THERE.

Issue: Omega Particle Mini-game itself. You keep on getting cut off mid-game if another player decides to scan it.

That about sums it up. But the first one is the one that's the most annoying.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)