test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kim Rhodes Interview! Jhet'leya Returns!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We had a chance to sit down with actress Kim Rhodes about the reprisal of her role as Jhet'leya in our latest Featured Episode - Dust to Dust!

Learn more about it here in our blog

Enjoy the interview everyone!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    These additions to the cast from the original actors help to bring more to the stories.

It's good stuff. :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's awesome to see that she's back! :)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Epic.

:D:cool::)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for not forgetting the one-off characters. It is very cool and sets a great precedent. I did like her character on the show and thought she did a good job. Can't wait to hear her in game.

Wish I had speakers at work to listen to the interview, will have to wait until tonight I guess. But thanks for it, I enjoyed the one with Denise crosby too and the behind the scenes video of garret dancing with his avatar in game. Please keep up the human touch like this!
  • Options
    horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Jhet'leya was on of my favorite guest characters on Voyager, so thanks for bringing her ingame.

Now, if the game wasn't that broken...
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    horstpfick wrote: »
    Jhet'leya was on of my favorite guest characters on Voyager, so thanks for bringing her ingame.

Rewatching that episode is what got it into my head to creat a Kobali alien character back before DR even hit. We really need to get those smaller Kobali ears into the character designer.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That was a great conversation with Kim Rhodes. Her passion really comes across. A welcome addition to the STO voice cast to be sure. Kudos all around for including her character. The likeness is impressive. I'm really looking forward to experiencing Ashes to Ashes today.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are many, many things wrong with post-DR STO, but suffice it to say, it's good to see Cryptic doing something right for once - getting minor characters' voice actors ingame and giving life into the STO universe. Good for you.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    She did an amazing job with the voice acting. One of the best from all your guests, if I may.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    She did an amazing job with the voice acting. One of the best from all your guests, if I may.

I totally should have called in sick to stay home and play games. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Reposting this here in case Kim ever sees this thread or is shown it by cryptic:
    velqua wrote: »
    I loved this mission!!! It was tad long, but worth it. I enjoyed meeting and receiving my Kobali BOFF. The story, puzzles, and game play were balanced just right. I actually felt like I was in a Star Trek episode, which is something STO has been lacking for some time. The only thing "bad" I have to say about this episode is the graphics at the beginning of the mission, where it is raining on Kobali Prime. It was a bit too intense for my card, and I had to drop the resolution to get to the Temple. Having said that, the graphics were really good.

Kim Rhodes acting was superb!!! Get this actress back!!! Kim Rhodes was Jhet'leya. I could hear her expressions in her voice. I wasn't hearing Kim read Jhet'leya as we have seen with a few of the actors reprising their roles. Her performance was authentic, and I loved it! Jhet'leya should be the official Kobali representative if not their ambassador. I hope we get to see more of her.

As for Garrett Wang, I enjoyed his performance. I would love to see Keten and Harry have more interactions in the future before they finally go their separate ways. A Kobali wedding should be considered.

To the Devs, you did a great job with this mission. I hope that future missions will have this same level of balance between story, puzzles, and game play. Congrats on a job well done! Thank you! :)

From here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21974921&postcount=16
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I haven't seen the episode in ages, but I was thinking that the voice acting was WAAAAY too natural in Jhet'leya's role. I mean she was hitting the notes so well that it was triggering nostalgia.

So it is simultaneously surprising and not at all surprising that Kim Rhodes actually came back. Brilliant surprise, well done Cryptic, and thanks to Miss Rhodes.

As for the likeness....comparing the pictures...I think her head is too tall. Bring the Overall head height down a bit. But man I had forgotten how beautiful she was as a Kobali. Hope Starfleet Medical is working on a way to restore their natural reproduction.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Had a chance to listen to the interview finally. That was a lot of fun, she was really energetic. I mentally mostly see her as her character from Supernaural and my mind kept trying to imagine her as a partly depressed cop as she was speaking. That was a bit funky.

I can't say I'm terribly surprised to learn she and Garrett stayed in touch a little after the voyager episode. They did have pretty good chemistry.

When Al said "we've loved watching you in Supernatural" she had a totally cute deep voiced "he he he". Probably my favorite part of the interview.

Al did a good job too.

Thanks for these interviews!
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yo Smirk, you guys did an awesome job with Dust to Dust.

Please tell the other devs I liked it quite a bit. If I could make one suggestion about future Episodes, I think that cut scenes that show our characters as the main focus or part of the main focus are more along the lines of what Star Trek fans are actually looking for in this game.

What I mean is, I am thinking that people actually enjoy MORE the fact of seeing their character's move around in the Star Trek universe that is Star Trek Online. We want to see our character doing those dramatic things that Trek actors do when in front of the Paramount or CBS cameras. Being a fly on the wall is sometimes better than looking at the Impulse Engines of your ship, as we fly through space, or the Backside of our Toon's head as s/he runs about taking care of business.

I hope this makes sense, and might actually be considered as using cut scenes for more than what they are now. In my opinion, this would really bring out the drama and intensity that we love watching. Just look at how the Alternate Universe was retconned and how amazing and back to the basics of Star Trek. But that's for another discussion, at some other time ::winkyblinky:: ;)

Tonight What Heights We'll Hit! On with the Show this is It!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We had a chance to sit down with actress Kim Rhodes about the reprisal of her role as Jhet'leya in our latest Featured Episode - Dust to Dust!

Learn more about it here in our blog

Enjoy the interview everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

I enjoyed the interview and the story! Thanks to the STO team for another fantastic episode. Thanks especially for bringing back so many Star Trek Alumni and tying the episodes into TV series events. I have thoroughly enjoyed the performances of all of the guest stars. Kim Rhodes reprising her role as Jhet'leya was delightful! Garret Wang and she did a marvelous job. Thanks to everyone involved for letting me participate and be immersed in another STO featured episode! This is exactly the type of content which encourages me to support the game!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm an avid fan of Supernatural, and I did not put the connection here. :eek:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm glad you go her into the STO to fill her part. She is a very nice actress and love VOs. Really hope she will return again for a later story.

I remember watching her on Voyager. And thought how cute she was. Even she was a Kobali :D
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Her attitude towards the fandom is very nice to see indeed. :)

I still think my absolute fav is the Ethan Phillips interview, but this is pretty cool too.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.