test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Happy 5 Year Anniversary Star Trek Online!

Comments

• gqandigqandi Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yay! 5 Years strong! So happy!
  • synister247synister247 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065123-star-trek-online-5-year-anniversary-infographic

???
    Simple Bar Graph, Or: Borg Ship in Disguise (?).
    My theory: 'The Army of 12 Babies'.:confused:
  • yahtzeemanyahtzeeman Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wouldn't be a real STO event if it wasn't broken.

Completed the Anni minigame and got no rewards, but did get a 20h cooldown. GG Craptic.
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If there were ever a time for emergency maintenance, this is it. Just turn it off Cryptic, until you can actually get the game to work reasonably. ESD/Academy is completely unplayable, the Omega minigame is FUBAR, and while I'm at it, thanks soo much for reimagining the tray icons, that was just so helpful. It is without a doubt, the worst state I have seen STO in since I started playing.

And sadly, this was supposed to be a party.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • yahtzeemanyahtzeeman Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is the tradition. Break things that don't need to be broken, fix them too late for players to get their yearly rewards, then add in more content afterwards that's just as broken as the current stuff.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Congratulations on reaching this milestone .

Congratulations on reaching it more based on luck then skill or ability .

Congratulations on posting a Blog about the event that had at least two half truths in it , and more then one omission .

Congratulations on turning this game into a metric controlled Mega Maid , aimed at sucking the Dill & $$$ from the pockets of players with the ferosity of Unicron and Galactus combined .

But that's enough congratulations .

After spending about 10 minutes in game I gave up at the mess my trays were and even the bigger mess that applying the Saved Loadout caused .

Flailing about in a mess of broken systems , missing powers, unfamiliar icons and a worse UI then we've had is not my idea of a celebration .

... YMMV ...
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd extend my congratulations, but I can't.

Was it necessary to remove every ability we trained on BOFFs? For example, I trained a tactical BOFF from THY to TT as soon as I got her. Logging in today, all my BOFFs were AWOL. When I tried to get my BOFFs back in where they belonged, the former mentioned BOFF had again THY instead of TT, as was expected. I immediately logged out in hopes you can fix that. And I've been living in hope ever since...
  • caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So... any word on fixing the omega collection mission?
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Time to take the servers down and start mass communicating (as stupid as they may feel) that the anniversary event is simply bugged and needs to be fixed. At the moment, thousands of players are baffled why they aren't getting anything from the Omega task.

This is what you get for rolling stuff out untested.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Congratulations to Cryptic Studios on the 5th Anniversary for Star Trek Online. I focus on the good moments here when I say that it's been quite the ride. :cool:
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    :: sighs ::

Back at the start of the winter event, I took a look around the rebuilt Winter Wonderland and checked out the new event, and it looked cool, and it looked fun, and I thought I'd enjoy doing it. I was, on the whole, happy.

Then I discovered, as did we all, that I was required to do it if I wanted some of the good stuff in the store, and I was less happy, but I was more or less resigned to it.

Then I discovered, as did we all, that the new fun thing, that turned out to be an obligatory new fun thing, was badly bugged, and I was no longer happy, nor even resigned, but distinctly peeved.

I speak for no one but myself, of course, but comments made at the time suggest that others felt the same.

Now... We have a new event, and a new game, and it looks cool, and it looks fun... but it's obligatory if you want to get some of the good stuff... and it's badly bugged.

Guys. It is possible, I would respectfully suggest, to learn from one's mistakes. It is also arguable, I would say, that happy players are preferable to players who are just resigned, and even they are preferable to peeved players. Can we, perhaps, bear these things in mind?
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The icons were fine the disappearing boff's however that's not anything that needs fixing well spend our time an effort tweaking stuff that already works fine. wow you guys take the cake.

And boff training its easy simple no crafting required but wait it doesn't make money lets make it so if they want really good an cool boffs skills they'll have to craft and spend more dill and a bunch of them will run out faster and maybe buy Zen!!!!

Wow could you be more transparent this was not a gift to make the game better and more interesting is just another resource sink hole designed to make people spend more. We are not stupid why do you insist on treating us like we are????

I know what the rah rah's will say its a co. it needs to make money fine I get that what I hate is Lies we did this for you to make it so much better when it doesn't it makes it harder more complicated more mind numbing all to squeeze me for more cash.
  • noblereach1noblereach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Your team has done a wonderful job over the years. However I do have one thought. Please update the ground game. I mean, the whole "city of heros" style of play is getting really old. How about updating to a standard FPS like battlefield, COD or other FPS style games. Your space game is awesome though. Love it.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Your team has done a wonderful job over the years. However I do have one thought. Please update the ground game. I mean, the whole "city of heros" style of play is getting really old. How about updating to a standard FPS like battlefield, COD or other FPS style games. Your space game is awesome though. Love it.

You should have seen ground combat before it got it's overhaul a few years back. I can't really understand why people don't like ground combat, I kind of prefer it to the space bar mashing that is space combat. Maybe my views are tainted because after the original ground combat system, the new one is a million times better.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Please no. I've never found a fps game I enjoyed. But sto's ground combat is my favorite part of the game. Especially because its squad based and not first-person.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happy Birthday, STO.

That is all.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Severe UI lag! Omega particles not showing up where the mission locator says they are, the ones that do show up aren't actually counting any particles you collect. My BOFF powers are screwed up and when I change them to what they should be again, it resets them as soon as I close the window....

Happy Anniversary, I'll be back in a week once the bugs get fixed.

Typical that everything is screwed up.

I also like how Devs NEVER comment on these forum posts.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Congratulation on 5 years !

So, I finally got power back from the blizzard my area just had. :)

Thought I'd partake in some of the festivities, it's been a rough week and was looking forward to some fun.

Dust to dust: I enjoyed it quite a bit. Good Job !

Earth spacedock lag - I can't really blame you guys, after all it's a party and you never know how many people are going to show up, BUT the game just about becomes unplayable in these zones due to the lag. :(

The mini game, After several tries, instance changing ect. I was able to get the mini game to finally count my progress, but this really needs to be fixed, I almost gave up.

Q's party mission thing, the rewards are 5 marks of your choice? This is kinda not worth my time tbh.

So, all in all, I've enjoyed myself doing the new dust to dust mission, but beyond that, the rest of the experience was kinda frustrating tbh.

For example:
    The Vaadwaur space set reward from dust to dust: every piece of the set is time gated starting from 2/5? I understand the desire to keep us playing, But I can't even get a single piece for nearly a week?

Wasn't the grind for the anniversary ship enough?

Look, instant gratification is one thing, but does every reward have to be behind a grind? You guys really have to try harder to balance grind vs fun, because you're really leaning a tad too heavily to the grind side.

Please throw us a carrot sometimes guys, I mean this is supposed to be fun too right?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Gratulations on your 5th Anniversary STO / Cryptic & big "Thank you" for the giveaways :)
  • chiselheadchiselhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can not express myself fully as how much I do not care for the changes made to the general gameplay in this recent patch, I can see no good reason to change the Icons, I feel somewhat like Helen Keller must have felt when she tried to navigate through a room in her own home after some practical joker moved all the furniture around.
    The change in the Boff skills is to a lesser degree unwelcome and again I can see no reason to change it, the skills my Boff's had were fine I didn't need to learn a new system nor do I see training manuals as a benefit.
    Then again with the Kobali, sorry but I'd like the option of joining up with the Vaadwaur to destroy them, I see them as a cancer, bodysnatchers, zombies or what other evil and vile creature that should be destroyed with extreme prejudice, so please no more of that.
    One thing I learned in my time in the military as an NCO is that you never make changes that are not needed, having the power to make changes and needing to make changes are two different things, so please before you make more changes take the time to evaluate as to whether those changes are needed.
    I do realize that some people spent a lot of time on all of this and I applaud their work however I am one player that really feels that effort could have been better spent on other things like server stability, bridge offers suddenly being unslotted and all things of the bug nature that could make gameplay much more enjoyalble.
  • spectre04spectre04 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If the party crashers are going to run away, they should be lagged as much as the players are. :eek:
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now forum comments are disappearing? What is going on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • husker1964husker1964 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    spectre042 wrote: »
    If the party crashers are going to run away, they should be lagged as much as the players are. :eek:

:D:D Maybe they are.
  • diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where are the molicules on bajor system (space)? or is it mislabeled, or did someone forget to put them in? because I can't find them anywhere.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where are the molicules on bajor system (space)? or is it mislabeled, or did someone forget to put them in? because I can't find them anywhere.

They must have absentmindedly forgot them, because they are not there!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • runningbotrunningbot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has this issue been raised yet? It appears that the new icons have caused the UI (hot bar) to lag terribly in combat, sometimes taking a few seconds to indicate the ability you pressed has fired. This on top of the long standing issue of abilities sometimes refusing to fire makes combat un-fun and frustrating.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015

They placed them in the mission with the mirror universe. So unless you pick up that mission and go through it to Bajor space you can not get them. :P

I was lucky that there was a nice person spamming the Bajor zone chat with this information when I tried it. :D
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....