Omega Molecule Stabilization Bug Report TEAM INVESTIGATING

maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Doesnt COUNT POINTS on VULCAN ! Sigh
Post edited by maxxina on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    We are investigating. Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The KDF side of the minigame is not working, either. Always 0 points and it does not seem to register as completed.

@alk

Edit: Found two omega particles in space below Drozana Station that worked, then the one on Drozana ground worked for points but DID NOT register towards mission completion.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah - no can do the mission on Vulcan...
    I wonder if at least the ship discount is put in properly...

The bug count is ridiculus for that bug - err - big game.... :D
  • majorzionmajorzion Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I Can't seem to do the mission anywhere. Doesn't collect points, just tells me my score is zero
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On ESD i was able to count points, manage to have 465 of them, but mission tracker didnt count as the part of the mission done .
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think I'm at the point now where I'm okay with whatever Cryptic does, really. It doesn't matter how much they $%^ things up I just don't care either I don't play the game to be affected or it's more reason not to play it.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Jesus christ man. Can you guys launch an update that WORKS sometime? It's been 5 years now, getting kinda old.
  • dcgregg1dcgregg1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Giving 0 Points in Ganalda too. will check the others
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh great. :(
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    We are aware of the issue, and are working on a fix.
    STO QA Team
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We are aware of the issue, and are working on a fix.

Emergency maintenance is highly recommended. It would be a good boost to goodwill to treat this with the same urgency as issues that favor the player are treated.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think the point is to release something that doesn't need to be fixed.
  • mjaybirdmjaybird Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The mini game works fine most of the time. you Press F to collect and the partial gets bigger and you collect that way. I have no Idea what rewards are because I have done 10 and gotten nothing
    edited January 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    I think the point is to release something that doesn't need to be fixed.

Agreed. My point was though, that if the situation is what it is, the more urgency they show the better it will go for them.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Emergency maintenance is highly recommended. It would be a good boost to goodwill to treat this with the same urgency as issues that favor the player are treated.

^This.

If the anniversary ship needs to be tied behind a grind it needs to be a)acceptably fun, and b)working.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    You play the game

1) you get zero score

2) It sticks with slow speed no matter how many particles you catch so even if you get them all, your score sucks ans you stabilize nothing.

3) Maybe the RNG hates me, but all I seem to get are the VR red particles.

This is a disaster. Did no one bother to actually test the mini game in house with at least more then one person?
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    CrypticFrost is investigating the issue with the Omega scan and the Dev Team is working on a fix.

We will update everyone with our plan as soon as we have verified a solution and have it ready to implement.

Hang in there everyone! We will get this working ASAP.

Thanks for your patience, and please refrain from posting RAGE posts! It's a happy day today, and lets keep it so!

~CaptainSmirk
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    It's a happy day today, and lets keep it so!

Lol, not so happy if the content people need to get a grind locked ship is broken. Lets hope we get one of those late night patches today.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    CrypticFrost is investigating the issue with the Omega scan and the Dev Team is working on a fix.

We will update everyone with our plan as soon as we have verified a solution and have it ready to implement.

Thanks for your patience, and please refrain from posting RAGE posts! It's a happy day today, and lets keep it so!

~CaptainSmirk

This is cool but please can we get summit done so we can not have unfinished missons
    JtaDmwW.png
  • valazaleavalazalea Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i hope we will get some compensation point, i try 5 time on earthspacedock, got one time 960 point, but the quest is not validated, how many point we must do to validate the quest?
  • zipatroniczipatronic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i see the part crashers on starfleet academy are not working either. 2 spawning in presents or the little Q that runs away is not working either!!
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was able to get it to work right once on ESD and that was most likely since I was the only player using the particle. All the other sites had players fighting over the only two there and either the counter worked and did not reward or it did not work/stopped working and the game did not reward.

What a waste of player's time with these lame and broken mini-games. :rolleyes:
  • hellstedthellstedt Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Worked on Academy ONCE. Sol Space, Vulcan Space, Vulcan Ground it either instantly says Score: 0 or I can do it but still counts as 0 or it shows the correct score, but gives me nothing. Nothing counts for the quest.

STO has the WORST patch management I have ever seen in a game.
    edited January 2015

~CaptainSmirk

At least on my end, don't think of my posts as rage. Think of them as helpful hints intended to try to smooth things over for all involved, if implemented. ;)

• uraziel0815uraziel0815 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is total BS! Not Working! And it is always the same Problem with these Missions only one Person can do it. Anyone remembers the Console bugs in the Sphere or in the Embassy? Same Problem again and again. Does someone even try to test it before it goes online?
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh good grief :rolleyes:
    server_hamster6.png
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    seems to work only if a person is the only one at the particle. I was getting points in Ganalda ground until another player started scanning. It didn't give me the completed when timer ran out. Seemed to work fine in the Klingon Academy, but I was the only one at the particle at the time.

As for Uraziel, I was not paying attention to the fleet stuff at the time, but I know the bank on Kobali Prime only allowed for one person at a time to access it, as of last week. Maybe this is related somehow?
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Like I said, we are investigating and working on a fix. It will most likely go in tonight, but we have to test it first.

So yeas, fix is incoming as soon as we can fix it.

~CaptainSmirk
    edited January 2015
    Like I said, we are investigating and working on a fix. It will most likely go in tonight, but we have to test it first.

So yeas, fix is incoming as soon as we can fix it.

~CaptainSmirk

Knowing this is a priority for emergency maintenance instead of a "wait for next Thursday" helps a bit, because honestly that was my fear and why I said what I did.

• druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Quoting from DS9:

Well why don't you fix it, dear fellow, dear fellow, well why don't you fix it before I go mad!!!
This discussion has been closed.