test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old crafting mats

blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
Hello,

I just came back to the game after a couple years and noticed that there are new materials that you get when scanning anomalies. I still have piles of the old stuff? Are they still useful?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by blunted74 on

Comments

• Options
    tekreddantekreddan Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    You can right-click on them and then there is a entry I think "Use" that will bring up an interface where you can "buy" new crafting stuff in exchange for the old traces etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tekreddan wrote: »
    You can right-click on them and then there is a entry I think "Use" that will bring up an interface where you can "buy" new crafting stuff in exchange for the old traces etc.

Ah cool. Thank you very much!
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tekreddan wrote: »

Though this only works if the material is sitting in your 'personal' inventory. It doesn't work sitting in your Bank or Account Bank...
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Though this only works if the material is sitting in your 'personal' inventory. It doesn't work sitting in your Bank or Account Bank...

It did for me.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    blunted74 wrote: »
    Ah cool. Thank you very much!

If its not too late, don't follow that advice. Sell the old mats on the auctionhouse, you'll get enough ec to buy between 3 and 7 times more new mats than the conversion will provide.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    If its not too late, don't follow that advice. Sell the old mats on the auctionhouse, you'll get enough ec to buy between 3 and 7 times more new mats than the conversion will provide.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I havent done anything with them yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Cool, thanks for the tip. I havent done anything with them yet.

To give numbers, most old mats sell between 1k and 20k each depending on quality and day of the week (don't sell friday/Saturday). Converted they mostly give white or green new mats with a small chance for new blues. New whites sell for ~300 each, greens for ~250 each (yes the greens are worth less than whites) and blues have two that go for ~2,000 each and two that are ~50,000 each (rubidium and z-particles).

Its the very small chance for the two valuable blues people are paying for. Gambling is a fool's game. Take the sure thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    To give numbers, most old mats sell between 1k and 20k each depending on quality and day of the week (don't sell friday/Saturday). Converted they mostly give white or green new mats with a small chance for new blues. New whites sell for ~300 each, greens for ~250 each (yes the greens are worth less than whites) and blues have two that go for ~2,000 each and two that are ~50,000 each (rubidium and z-particles).

Its the very small chance for the two valuable blues people are paying for. Gambling is a fool's game. Take the sure thing.

Just curious, why do they sell at all? Aren't they obsolete?
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Quick restock of mats instead of farming, and usually at a cheaper rate than the new mats on the exchange.

Oh you may get a glitch where you can't convert them. Just bung them back in your bank relog and it should sort it out. Not saying it will happen but it happened once for me and that sorted it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Same reason keys sell for 2.5 million ec, but the "average" lockbox only has 500k ec worth of stuff inside (including the value of lobi). People are hoping for the ship which is worth 100+ million even though its a ~1.8% chance so they're spending over $200 per ship on average.

Based onmy experience converting about 15,000 old mats to new mats, there is about a 6% chance to get blue mats that sell for 50k by converting up from the old mats. Also some people are collecting and making museums of removed items in their fleet and/or personal banks.