test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ITS BACK!!!!!! - Load Out and Statiosn CLEARING

Comments

• shanarrashanarra Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thought I'd check for this bug of officers unequipping on the the forums and as I see, more people are having this problem as well. I have had this happen 16 times in the last 5 days randomly on my 8 chars and have been sending in bug reports each time since about the 3rd time this has happened. As with others here, reloading loadout doesn't work or doesn't fully equip last officers saved, only partially equips the boff's. Cryptic, fix the problems/bugs in this game instead of constantly trying to put out new content or change content that isn't broken and breaks when you do. I'm a lifetime player as well as my husband. Getting sick and tired of the constant bugs that continue to go unfixed in this game.

Unhappy Player,

Shan Rackham
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The few times I have had stations and powers clear from my tray, it occurred the exact same way and I was able to solve it:

1) I previously had had 2 duplicate loadouts saved (the old workaround).

2) I messed with bridge officer slotting and did not resave my two duplicate layouts to reflect the new slotting, and I left those officers in the new configuration.

3) I either changed maps or logged out of the game and back in (can't remember which of the two I did but it definitely involved one of the two) and boom, BOFFs unseated/tray FUBAR'ed. (Also not sure if I went between space and ground to space or from space to space.)

When I have made BOFF slotting changes and saved my work immediately in the two duplicate loadouts, I do not seem to have the issue but I can't promise that's true for everyone.

IMO what SHOULD happen here is that either a) the game remembers and loads what you were actually using on the last map or session or b) at the VERY least, loads the last saved loadout you were using without dumping your BOFFs or powers.

Instead tray dumping occurred.

While I have figured out in my case how not to provoke the beast I don't think it should be happening like that.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Once you've got your ship prepared, boffs, doffs, and equipment, save your loadout !
    Then if it ever gets cleared you simply need to click on the loadout you saved to restore everything as it was.
    If you change consoles often.. save your loadout often.

it don't work.

I have loadouts on all chars and station get cleared and loadouts don't reload the stations.

cryptic ........................................
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been seeing this bug from long before the loadout system was introduced. I keep a text file on my system that contains a list of characters and the names of the bridge officers for each station on the ship. This way each time it happens, I just open the file and re-select the bridge officers. Once the bridge officers are back in their stations, their powers usually go back into the tray in the correct place. Perhaps Cryptic could add a text field to the Stations screen so we could list which Bridge Officers were in each set so we could quickly re-select them when the stations reset to having no selection. This would be a nice quality of life improvement.

Tonight I logged in one of my characters who was in Sol space. The character was Charles Decker @ OggOfSkish. All of his bridge officers were in their stations, and the power tray was exactly as it should be. I collected some Duty Officer Assignments, started a few new ones, then used the Transwarp to go to my Fleet Starbase. Upon loading into the space map with the Starbase, the Bridge Officers were once again out of their seats and all bridge officer abilities were missing from the tray. I used my handy dandy bridge officer list to restore the bridge officers to their stations, and my tray was restored.

Since this bug is so random and extremely difficult to reproduce, I wonder if the developers have considered that it might be due to packets containing information about what bridge officers are in which stations being dropped when being sent from the server to the client upon a map transition. Perhaps after a map transition, the Client should check if it received the packet containing details of which bridge officers are in which station, and re-request the information if it did not.

I experienced another bug which I suspect may have the same source. I contributed an Ancient Power Cell to a Reputation project, and the user interface for the reputation system did not appear to register that it had been contributed (remained at 1/2 rather than going to 2/2). The ancient power cell was removed from my inventory, and I was afraid for a moment that it had been swallowed without contributing to the project. I logged out and logged back in, to find the project actually had all of it's requirements met and was counting down to completion. I believe this was due to a packet from the server to the client being dropped (a packet which contained information telling the user interface to show the count of ancient power cells at 2/2, gray out the project and start the count down).
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    decker73a wrote: »
    Since this bug is so random and extremely difficult to reproduce, I wonder if the developers have considered that it might be due to packets containing information about what bridge officers are in which stations being dropped when being sent from the server to the client upon a map transition. Perhaps after a map transition, the Client should check if it received the packet containing details of which bridge officers are in which station, and re-request the information if it did not.

I experienced another bug which I suspect may have the same source. I contributed an Ancient Power Cell to a Reputation project, and the user interface for the reputation system did not appear to register that it had been contributed (remained at 1/2 rather than going to 2/2). The ancient power cell was removed from my inventory, and I was afraid for a moment that it had been swallowed without contributing to the project. I logged out and logged back in, to find the project actually had all of it's requirements met and was counting down to completion. I believe this was due to a packet from the server to the client being dropped (a packet which contained information telling the user interface to show the count of ancient power cells at 2/2, gray out the project and start the count down).

E'genn tone: "Intriguing..."

This really is an interesting possibility. I wonder though, is there a way the QA team could simulate packet loss? How would one go about doing that?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New version of it today (since the patch), left the Sphere Allied HQ into Sphere space after setting up BoFF's and it lost them all on map transfer. First time it's happened on a map transfer ingame. I had just altered them a little bit after loading in, but they were present when I loaded in, unlike my first load in on my previous two characters.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our QA Lead found a repro. She was able to do so by saving a Loadout while on a ground map, beaming to her ship, changing the ship's setup, and the when she loaded the Loadout that was saved on the ground map, the Boffs cleared from their stations. Hopefully this will give the programmers what they need to fix this, though I have no idea how long that might take. Thanks for your reports.

Please look into the boff station dropdown list not fully populating as a potential cause or related issue, as I and others have mentioned.

My stations are getting cleared on multiple characters multiple times a day, and if I reload the loadout it almost never loads properly UNLESS I click on a universal boff station once or twice to ensure that the dropdown list fully populates first.

Clicking that dropdown list after a failed attempt at reloading allows a reload to go through correctly on the next attempt in the vast majority of cases. There's something going on here.
  • decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    E'genn tone: "Intriguing..."

This really is an interesting possibility. I wonder though, is there a way the QA team could simulate packet loss? How would one go about doing that?

I'd start with microsoft's NDIS 6.0 filter driver sample and modify the function that receives the net buffer lists to drop them randomly (or based on a counter). Build that and insert it into the network adapter's stack and voila, an internet connection that periodically drops packets.
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our QA Lead found a repro. She was able to do so by saving a Loadout while on a ground map, beaming to her ship, changing the ship's setup, and the when she loaded the Loadout that was saved on the ground map, the Boffs cleared from their stations. Hopefully this will give the programmers what they need to fix this, though I have no idea how long that might take. Thanks for your reports.

I've had single (and double) BOFFs unseat themselves even when the loadout has been saved in space. Hell, I'll fix a load out in space, save it, switch to a different ship, switch back to my original ship (again, all in space), select the load out I just fixed, and the same BOFF I had to re-seat the first time will be missing!

I do a lot of ship and load out switches, and the unseating happens very frequently. Rarely is it all of my BOFFs that unseat; usually it's just one or two of them.

I can also confirm observing what others have reported about (momentarily) incomplete BOFF selection lists when this bug occurs, so there can be a packet loss component occurring as well (might also explain why the same BOFFs are regularly unseated).

I also appreciate how complicated this problem is, and I definitely appreciate the efforts in trying to track down and quash this bug!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am also still experiencing issues with some of my loadouts. When I transfer from ground maps to space maps, the bridge officers are being removed from the loadout, and I have to reslot them.

When this occurs, the loadout radio icon is cleared, as if I'd swapped something in the loadout, even though I hadn't. Clicking the loadout so that it's checked again doesn't restore all of my bridge officers, however.

One loadout I'm experiencing this with is called Maelstrom-S, and it's on my ship, the Avenger class USS Maelstrom.

Thanks

K
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited January 2015
    yeah, a version of this problem is back

I thought it was just 1 time after patch, but it's repeated, not a lot, but it has

sometimes if I re-populate the bridge officers most or all the abilities will be back in the right spot on the quickbars, but not always

I had some traits and doffs unslot as well, not often, who knows if it's related

and no, the loadout button doesn't fix it. it just goes grey (the little loadout UI buttons) like it's thinking about something and nothing happens
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited January 2015
    Its the same old issue Frost. We have described it many times for you before but hear we go again.

It started before loadouts. Way back with the patch that first separated small craft from starships. We used to have to visit a ship selector and change from our starship to a small craft, or back again. The patch that gave us the ability to keep both a starship and small craft active at the same time co-inside with the first reports of this issue.

The issue at that time proved as difficult to isolate as it dose now. It is always triggered by zoning, it is not specific to zoning from ground to space, space to sector, sector to space or space to ground. It is not specific to zoning into or out of a queued event either.

The issue was that; 'A loading screen goes away and stations on your ship that were filled before its presence are not filled now.'

Characters who are played for a few hours a day may experience this just once or not at all in a month. They may also go through periods when this occurs for every transition they make in a night, week or month. Then for no more reason then it started the occurrences will stop for a period.

I myself have a huge number of boffs and ships, which I switch around regularly and consistently however I go through both periods where this dose not happen to me at all, and periods when it happens a lot. I also have neumerus long time friends in the game with far fewer ships and boffs which they do not change a grate deal, and likewise experience this issue for periods of both high and low frequency.

Every one that I know to have experience of this issue dose fly multiple ships, though not every one changes their officers at all. It should be noted that I have no reason to suspect that people who limit themselves to one ship and one selection of officers are not effected, I just have no information to base an assumption either that they do or do not upon.

With the introduction of the loadout system this issue was either joined by a similar but distinct new issue, or found a new way to express itself. This also is inconsistent between characters. Not every one experiances it all of the time or non of the time. However my own character Temo@ctcc42 exerpiances it with almost 100% reliability.

Saved Loadouts are almost always properly recalled provided no loading screen is experienced between saving the loadouts and attempting to recall it. This is true on both holo and tribble. However if a loading screen is imposed (irrespective of the origination and destination) then attempts to recall previously functioning loadouts will fail. Any number between 1 and all of the bridge officer slots on the ship will either fail to load, or load the wrong officers.

this is a decent description

it's amorphous, sorry, but it's a fair description of behavior from (my own) player perspective

and, to be clear, it existed before loadouts did
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It has now been 361 days since loadouts where released to holodeck. Having already bean reported as buggy and unreliable since they first appeared on tribble.

... so 4 more days to fix this before the one year mark which wont happen...
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the fact is I'm not completely sure it's the loadouts fault. I explain

the lost of station boff occurs for me on several characters : some with loadouts already created but also on a ship with no loadouts !

The main problem is changing map clearing the station
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It seems like it's trying to match a previous loadout from another character. Hence none of the BoFF's match so it just discards all BoFF's.

Extremely annoying going into STF's or from a mission into Sector space where it'll immediately do the same thing (just had it earlier after the temp ship section of "A Step Between Stars").
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happening to all my toon again too. The game is yet again unplayable. I had them all reset once in ACE after I had just fixed them.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    It seems like it's trying to match a previous loadout from another character. Hence none of the BoFF's match so it just discards all BoFF's.

Extremely annoying going into STF's or from a mission into Sector space where it'll immediately do the same thing (just had it earlier after the temp ship section of "A Step Between Stars").

That seems plausible. There are minor glitches in switching characters like the Exchange showing rank based on your previous character (Fed sees Brigadier General instead of Rear Admiral after switching from a KDF alt).
  • kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have never used the Loadout system on any of my chars and I'm randomly getting all these tray/BOFF station empty bugs, too.

Well, the current bug is a lot better than the previous one. Just have to reseat the same BOFFS in each station and my tray powers are still in the correct place.
  • davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    its a savegame error on acc level that is causing that, either in saving this, or reloading this.

it seems that items and boffs and everything is now on ACC level instead of charlevel.

hint:

my "hangar command" settings are now on acc level: if i leave the charA with "attack" the other char, with another hangar ship is set to attack too!

it seemed they tried to "sleek" some savegame data, but didnt think of the collateral damage it does.

hence every update they increase things that have to be saved, the savegame data must be very huge -> long loading times -> acc server disconnects

so they sleeked the data and made ONE savegame data that storages ALL characters and "zips" information that is double. eg commands on hangars, boffs with same names, and some things just get lost during this.

something is defenetely VERY WRONG with the overal coding of the gameyet they implement new things again and again before fixing anything.

for me the game is now near UNBEARABLE due to UI failures and incosistencies.

i wont buy one ZEN until these MAJOR, VERY ANNOYING, UNBEARABLE bugs get fixed.

i already found it very startlign that one of the devs said "i arranged with it, im only having one char"

yeah but the game is not only played by devs and people with ONE char logging in ONE time and doing just ONE mission.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have only had this re-occur with the ship used in my OP. Since then its been pretty stable and no further occurrence. However, today, I had my bridge officer stations cleared twice, once when entering, and once after leaving the Eta Eridani system.

I believe this to be a separate issue to this one and therefore apart from it. Ergo I started a new topic regarding it.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had it happen to my Rom-KDF captain tonight in sector space, with no space transitions and no switching of characters.

I launched STO, chose that character, my ship appeared in sector space, and the skills tray was mostly empty because all of my boff stations were blank.

I had not made any changes to the ship or boffs the previous time I was playing that character.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is happening on my KDF captain over and over. I spent the first 4 minutes of an ISA apologizing to my group who all understood since they've been through it. Every one of them.

The fact that this bug has been present for this long is a testament to how half-azzed things are here. Seriously getting tired of looking for workarounds for things like this, mobs stuck in graphics, sector space crashes in DX 11, etc. You can't even post accurate info on dates/times for your events on the Arc page, FFS.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am also experiencing this issue and, what seems odd about it to me, is that it has the load out(s) saved but, still causes this issue.

How do I know it is saved?

Because the moment I put the boffs back into their correct spots, it instantly shows up as saved load out is being applied!

If, I actually click to use the saved load out instead of manually putting boffs back into their correct stations, it does not do it automatically at all!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am also experiencing this issue and, what seems odd about it to me, is that it has the load out(s) saved but, still causes this issue.

How do I know it is saved?

Because the moment I put the boffs back into their correct spots, it instantly shows up as saved load out is being applied!

If, I actually click to use the saved load out instead of manually putting boffs back into their correct stations, it does not do it automatically at all!

Confirmed - Even down to the toolbar being put into the correct/previous order when they are manually placed.
    server_hamster6.png
  • casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've also had this happen on a few of my toons, as soon as I log in and join a pve and spawn into match my boff's are cleared out. This is getting really annoying, someone at craptic needs to step up and get this fixed once and for all!
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay this is just getting to the point of incompetence on the devs part.a few days ago I log in and all my bridge stations are empty On all my characters.Not a big deal because I have a loadout saved,but low and behold when I use loadout there is no change.I then go through the hassle of reassigning my bridge officers and re saving the loadout.I'm a little annoyed but I'm getting use to it with all the pesky little problems that are ignored by the Devs.Well today it happened again.Bridge stations cleared and loadout won't fix it.So again I have to do the process over again.Now I'm getting Angry.Am I going to have to redo this process every time I log in now?I'm now spending a considerable amount of time doing fixes before I play,and with the servers always going nonresponsive every 15 seconds,then the disconnect.It's getting harder to enjoy the game.Well,we'll see what happens tomorrow after the patch which will most likely introduce a few more bugs.
  • captain3393captain3393 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All developers who finish school...the ones who get hired by ubisoft, bioware, rockstar, valve and any other top notch company....are the best in their class for the year at any school!...they have the talent and the practical skills to stay on top of what MMOs and console games need to stay on top of to stay at the top of their game....

we...as star trek fans ....have to deal with the developers who aren't good enough for top tier companies....who can't stay on top what is needed to keep players ..at the very least! satisfied! bugs incapable of being dealt with...poor management choices and overall sophomoric ideas are what make Cryptic ...Crytpic!!!
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just to report back I tried something last night.

I was playing with the upgrade system as I wanted my main Klingon toon to have the next level of engineering and tac consoles.

(As it happens I got carried away and did his Honour Guard shields and engine as well lol :D)

I removed each item into inventory, off his Mogh build, upgraded it (which required occasional hops to my crafting toon to craft tech upgrades) and placed each item back in turn.

Now I purposely didn't save the build. I just jumped straight into Argala. Poof no Boffs. They were not in the bar this time but 3 shuttles were missing :rolleyes:

I didn't try the workaround, because quite frankly I'd forgotten what it was, so I hopped out and reset the boffs. Again the boff skills appeared where they had originally being placed in the tool bar.

Its almost as if, during map transitions, that its losing connectivity with the data store so not refreshing the set-up.
    server_hamster6.png
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still happening at least 2 or 3 times a day.

The workaround (of putting one boff in the position then loading the loadout) DOES NOT work of any of my characters.

I have to manually put every boff in their slot.

And then manually drag and drop EVERY SINGLE power from the power window onto my tray.

Just now I got a leecher/afk penalty in CCA as i was trying to set-up and the CE was killed before I even got into battle.

Pretty much to the point where I am not gonna log in anymore until its fixed. Another paying customer lost. GG guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Brace yourselfes for todays patch.
    If your ship currently looks like this URL="http://i.imgur.com/I5EMUU4.jpg"]http://i.imgur.com/I5EMUU4.jpg[/URL the patch may change it to this URL="http://i.imgur.com/uSIo0wG.jpg"]http://i.imgur.com/uSIo0wG.jpg[/URL.
    Going to the ship selector, switching to another ship and then back, brought the stations back. They were still empty, of course, but at least they were there.