test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove other-faction console rewards

theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've recently noticed that reward packs exists that grant retrofit consoles to another faction player.
Why?

Their current exchange value is far low than that of the faction player who pays 2,000 zen for it.
It also marginalizes the differences between the faction in terms of gameplay and thus serves no purpose.
This is even more aggrivating for romulans who are prevented from accessing t5+ of their allies while their allies can easily attain two retrofit consoles from romulan ships (projected singularity and sabotage drone).
Post edited by theredcomet on

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've recently noticed that reward packs exists that grant retrofit consoles to another faction player.
    Why?

Their current exchange value is far low than that of the faction player who pays 2,000 zen for it.
    It also marginalizes the differences between the faction in terms of gameplay and thus serves no purpose.
    This is even more aggrivating for romulans who are prevented from accessing t5+ of their allies while their allies can easily attain two retrofit consoles from romulan ships (projected singularity and sabotage drone).

All they care about is Feds and that will never changed...Feds whined and moaned that other factions have better stuff then them even though they own the market on ship options...so no...no one can have the advantage on them in anything.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's not like the romulans are the only ones who got their top consoles stolen. The leech console or the aceton assimilator once also were klingon exlcusive but once cryptic realized that they could make a load of cash with it they went into the box.

Honestly I'm surprised why they still didn't pack the valdure console into a box since that is pretty much the only one roms have left, klingon ships are already gutted.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    All they care about is Feds and that will never changed...Feds whined and moaned that other factions have better stuff then them even though they own the market on ship options...so no...no one can have the advantage on them in anything.

Considering Federation players are the only group that has T6 science ship options since DR hit. I am not finding this difficult to believe about Cryptic/PWE. Not even Romulan/Fed players got any love for being Fed aligned.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They should just make it a single faction game. They have already made KDF so crappy that no one plays it...

Their circular logic is incredibly blind. They say that since no one plays KDF they won't make anything for KDF. No one plays KDF because there is nothing available for KDF but they are intellectually incapable of seeing this simple reality.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why?

Did i go back in time somehow? Haven't seen one of these topics in ages.

Bottom line is the community has gotten used to the cross faction consoles or resigned to their fate. I suggest you do the same.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Recently noticed ? They abandoned cross-faction consoles a while ago. Problem solved ! :D
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Did i go back in time somehow? Haven't seen one of these topics in ages.

Bottom line is the community has gotten used to the cross faction consoles or resigned to their fate. I suggest you do the same.

Welcome to the STO forums where THE SONG NEVER ****ING ENDS!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why?

The zen purchase is an account wide unlock. The lockbox consoles are not only per character, but cannot be reclaimed. They do not reduce the value of the zen purchase. They give you options. More options are virtually always good.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That ship sailed the moment Feds started the whining over wanting everything the KDF had that was unique years ago.

The moment Cryptic caved in, any sort of "factions" in the game were doomed and would never truly stand out from each other, as the Feds would just HAVE to have EVERYTHING.