test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hi (and bye) guys!

playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
just wanted to leave a huge hug for those who flamed-war against me and others when we made the post against DR and how that expansion was going to kill PvP. Dozen of walls-of-post, insults and noob-accusations that claimed that i/we didn't had any idea about pvp. Time proved the pvp veterans were right....again.

Enjoy your "pvp"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FahA3C8Xpqo
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Post edited by playhard88 on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if there was no mk 14 in pvp, i think it might still be playable. no one gets vaped with mk 12 neutronic, just 14s. mk 12 particle gen consoles wont be able to quite stack to critical mass, there wouldn't be mk 14 DHC that with CRF hit harder per shot then mk 12 SS DHCs, and there wont be any mk14 DHCs and beam arrays with SS vapeing.

post DR pvp was pretty descent until everyone dropped loads into upgrades and everything went sideways, and pvp became the living embodiment of anti fun. if all items were level less in pvp zones and ques, there might yet be something to play.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if there was no mk 14 in pvp, i think it might still be playable. no one gets vaped with mk 12 neutronic, just 14s. mk 12 particle gen consoles wont be able to quite stack to critical mass, there wouldn't be mk 14 DHC that with CRF hit harder per shot then mk 12 SS DHCs, and there wont be any mk14 DHCs and beam arrays with SS vapeing.

post DR pvp was pretty descent until everyone dropped loads into upgrades and everything went sideways, and pvp became the living embodiment of anti fun. if all items were level less in pvp zones and ques, there might yet be something to play.

I agree 100%. The thing is, they can actually make items level less now. Before the crafting revamp two phaser beam arrays of different level were different items, but now they're the same item. Cryptic could totally make every item used in pvp be the same level. I'm sure it would take some work but it's possible now.
    edited January 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    I agree 100%. The thing is, they can actually make items level less now. Before the crafting revamp two phaser beam arrays of different level were different items, but now they're the same item. Cryptic could totally make every item used in pvp be the same level. I'm sure it would take some work but it's possible now.

they can set your level back to 50 in certain places, i don't see why a global item level would be much harder to set. even if items were level less, rarity would still mater, going gold would still have incentive. mk14 though, simply to much, pvp nonapplicable with it.

this will get asses back in seats, credit cards swiped when new ships get launched, by the category of player most likely to be whale, or at least spend actual money.

functional, non gear mark dependent pvp would be a hell of a draw i think, for what it could do for approachability and most importantly fun meaningful game play, something this game is LITERATELY devoid of now.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hrmmm, I've seen more PvP than ever since DR...

...on the forums. ;)
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited January 2015

...on the forums. ;)

Ain't that the truth.

Just as cheese and spam ridden too.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    they can set your level back to 50 in certain places, i don't see why a global item level would be much harder to set. even if items were level less, rarity would still mater, going gold would still have incentive. mk14 though, simply to much, pvp nonapplicable with it.

this will get asses back in seats, credit cards swiped when new ships get launched, by the category of player most likely to be whale, or at least spend actual money.

functional, non gear mark dependent pvp would be a hell of a draw i think, for what it could do for approachability and most importantly fun meaningful game play, something this game is LITERATELY devoid of now.

That only effects the enemy NPc's Has no effect on the damage you or your ship does.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited January 2015
    That only effects the enemy NPc's Has no effect on the damage you or your ship does.

double check your tooltips next time you go to the dyson sphere or something
    edited January 2015

It scales an odd mix of things on your ship. Hell, there's even an issue with folks being able to link stuff from a scaled zone showing the effects of the scaling. As Drunk said, hit up Dyson and link something - then flip back to sector and link it again. You'll see the difference...
  • omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    to vape someone just install nutron torps! :P With all the debuffs and shutdowns it makes vaping something simple now days no timing needed shut em down or have someone else do it debuff them for -70 resist buff you and pew bomm simple lol no matter what weps you use!
    edited January 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Cheese and spam on the forums is more fun than the new cheeze and spam in PvP now.

Meh, there are too many folks with all sorts of baggage on the forums though, imho. It's like you haven't seen a friend in a wee while, you smile, say hello, and ask how they're doing...and they flip out like you just stabbed their dog and slept with their wife. People used to be able to disagree, slip in the odd insult along the way, as they argued back and forth. Now, you don't have to do anything and they just start blubbering...meh.
    to vape someone just install nutron torps! :P With all the debuffs and shutdowns it makes vaping something simple now days no timing needed shut em down or have someone else do it debuff them for -70 resist buff you and pew bomm simple lol no matter what weps you use!

Wonder if they'll do an EBC Command boat...that could be funny, with that guy dropping out the path as vaper follows. I've always dug the concept of tandems.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd say that the upcoming Supremacy trait might just be the last nail in the PvP coffin...

ummm Coffin is already 9000 feet under... with a few thousand pounds of dirt already filling the hole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited January 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd say that the upcoming Supremacy trait might just be the last nail in the PvP coffin...

But, but, but...isn't there going to be a Parlor vs. Cravic RP-PVP channel?
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Ohoh, this is the PvP forums, noone over here was disputing that DR is the worst bullsh*t ever and is going to kill PvP. It's those silly PvE Heroes out there that can't get their heads out of craptics butt...

yes they were, and no, they were pvp players: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1281191.

A few even tell me to use more neutroniums (even after i told them i was around 50% kinetic resistance). Is hilarious how many people on this subforum don't even know about diminish returns, and yet they argue about balance lol. Don't blame this to pve heroes
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
    edited January 2015
    playhard88 wrote: »
    yes they were, and no, they were pvp players: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1281191.

A few even tell me to use more neutroniums (even after i told them i was around 50% kinetic resistance). Is hilarious how many people on this subforum don't even know about diminish returns, and yet they argue about balance lol. Don't blame this to pve heroes

Between beamed's walls of text and virus' walls of numbers...it's hard to tell what anybody was saying in that thread outside of some IC/HoBO banter and general trolling from heck...
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay; so many think that PvP is dead now since DR (I'm not saying it is or is not - I have not actually done any PvP for a while)... now Cryptic have been updating and providing new system for us to play with which with the 5th anniversary is now finally going to include something for the foundry.

Based on what Devs have said in previous podcasts and forum posts they can only work on so much at one time so hopefully it won't be too much longer before some updates are made to PvP.

So far many of the posts in this thread have been views stating it is or isn't dead and about the upgrade system making things un-fun... so that this thread could be more use to the Devs, are you able to list what your top three things you would like to see to improve PvP in STo and why/how each suggestion would/could work to actually improve your game play?

~MidNite
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015

LOL.. is funny to see some PVPrs defend DR beacose it suit them.. shame on them, they are responsabe as cryptic for the destruction of PVP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just wanted to leave a huge hug for those who flamed-war against me and others when we made the post against DR and how that expansion was going to kill PvP. Dozen of walls-of-post, insults and noob-accusations that claimed that i/we didn't had any idea about pvp. Time proved the pvp veterans were right....again.

Enjoy your "pvp"

I have been gone traveling for a year on business, so I missed DRs release.

It has been a honor to to have pvped against, with and near you in the years past.

That's sentiment from me goes for all the pvpers I have known in STO.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015

...on the forums. ;)

Lol, yeah, only good PvP in-game now is during weekends (T5-U matches). During weekdays, things are so bad, I had to settle for a 2 vs 2 match.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay; so many think that PvP is dead now since DR (I'm not saying it is or is not - I have not actually done any PvP for a while)... now Cryptic have been updating and providing new system for us to play with which with the 5th anniversary is now finally going to include something for the foundry.

Based on what Devs have said in previous podcasts and forum posts they can only work on so much at one time so hopefully it won't be too much longer before some updates are made to PvP.

So far many of the posts in this thread have been views stating it is or isn't dead and about the upgrade system making things un-fun... so that this thread could be more use to the Devs, are you able to list what your top three things you would like to see to improve PvP in STo and why/how each suggestion would/could work to actually improve your game play?

~MidNite

This should probably be in a new thread but since you asked:

1) MK 14 gear is great for killing NPCs but are so strong they can 1 hit other players, fully buffed with maxed out resistances. As Dontdrunkimshoot said earlier in the thread, scaling weapons and player ships in pvp areas would greatly help. Rarity and extra mods would still be useful from upgrading but a mk 12 Neutronic torpedo still hurts while a mk 14 is over the top.

2) There's no way to turn off specializations for private matches. A new empty specialization would go a long way to help pvp. They take a long time to grind out which favors the power grinder over the casual or even the people who just want to pvp most of the time. Not being able to turn off specializations is one of the things that killed the vanilla pvp channel. Each new specialization just makes it that much harder to get back into pvp.

3) If there's going to be a power pass coming, I think it would be great if cryptic took the time to separate powers and make them work differently in PvP and PvE. A lot of powers don't even work against NPCs while at the same time are crazy strong in PvP. Separating powers by making them work differently in PvP and PvE would make a lot more powers useful in both PvP and PvE while not having to worry about future balance as much. Nerfing a power for PvP would not in any way affect PvE.

That's my top 3. It would be nice if "top 3 pvp problems" was discussed in a podcast or somewhere else devs might see.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Enjoy your "pvp"

In all honesty pvp was never a large portion of the player base, the pvp veterans were a very small minority, since about season 3 i think. Ever since then the pvp base has been complaining, so being proved right does not really mean much.

To be clear i'm not saying the pvp players are wrong, just noting that this has been a problem most of the 5 years of this game. This lack of decent pvp will continue until such time as some mmo is able to make it an end all be all and be profitable just on that, to a degree still not yet done. The developers just simply see no profit in it at this point.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    seannewboy wrote: »
    In all honesty pvp was never a large portion of the player base, the pvp veterans were a very small minority, since about season 3 i think. Ever since then the pvp base has been complaining, so being proved right does not really mean much.

To be clear i'm not saying the pvp players are wrong, just noting that this has been a problem most of the 5 years of this game. This lack of decent pvp will continue until such time as some mmo is able to make it an end all be all and be profitable just on that, to a degree still not yet done. The developers just simply see no profit in it at this point.

... because of lack of imagination lol?!... that "minority" was/is part of the absolute pve-hardcore-grinders. i know of several pvp-dudes that did spend fortunes on this game over time (i did myself).

on the constructive request:
    disable doffs also would help a lot.
    but u won't get more constructive feedback from me at this point, as every further thought and breath on it would be totally wasted.
    as edalgo said, they got a whole subforum with 3+ years of feedback given on how to improve things. 95+% of it totally has been ignored/not even recognized. no talk about the things they added and which in the end destroyed pvp as a community and a part of the game that had so much potential (they're still not done with those additions lol)!!! there are simply no words HOW MUCH potential :mad:...
    by now they can dig through it themselves if they feel to. what won't happen. would be a statistical miracle lol.

@all:
    i log in only to level my rd schools nowadays. i don't even know why, guess it's just a habit by now. sometimes i even do one or two shots in kerrat or a match to get reminded why i don't bother anymore.
    i know i've never been that guy to fear, but indeed those bon temps are a shiny episode in my gaming-memory and i enjoyed almost every single bit of it!
    c&h's without end, premade matches, tourneys... so many cool people i've met, fought with and died to :D.
    gg all, thx!!! for everything, was great fun while it lasted :)!
    in the end doesn't it always come down to:
    c'est la vie et la vie est la morte, est la vie. bon voyage mes amis, maybe next time again ;).
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    seannewboy wrote: »
    The developers just simply see no profit in it at this point.

At this point??? They have been blind to profits long before this point.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
This discussion has been closed.