Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    I saw a Foundry mission where someone kidnapped a bunch of Starfleet officers, and in the process of whatever other nefarious things they were up to, dressed their captives in the TMP uniform as humiliation. O_O

So yeah, I consider this one just as useless to Feds as to Klinks. Inaccessible to Klinks, clinically unbearable to Feds. (Eye burn...seek emergency treatment at once.)

im lmao right now
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For our second giveaway, we’re celebrating by by giving out the Motion Picture uniform! This iconic outfit can be redeemed on any Federation character! Fight Klingons and search for new life in the same uniforms used by the Enterprise crew in the early 2270s! This costume pack includes a top, pants, boots, and combadge!

Oh goodie...

Something I actually purchased when it was first offered.
    Maybe tomorrow might be good... :::dreaming of account-wide IDIC Tribble:::

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Really what TRIBBLE for the most of us who have been here for 5 year and more this is the reward?
    This something we have had for ummm like 3 years or more!!! Thanks why dont you just give away red matter or a tribble!!! Yes I'm holding my sarcasm sign!!!
  • Options
    lantislantis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can we get the numbers on how many people have actually purchased this uniform? Cause I have a strong feeling it's 0.
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's "not very many," Lantis. Regardless, I'll find a use for this somehow; with some recoloring and other parts added it may not be quite as eye-burning as many accuse it of being.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mvp333 wrote: »
    It's "not very many," Lantis. Regardless, I'll find a use for this somehow; with some recoloring and other parts added it may not be quite as eye-burning as many accuse it of being.

Put it on the Starfleet Lib Borg Officer...it does look quite good.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether it's a "Thank you," "We're distracting you from x," or "sorry," or even a "here's some free TRIBBLE no one seems to want" reason, it's still free stuff. Complaining about it is childish and petty.

"But you only gave me free pizza because you didn't feel like cooking! WAAAAAH"

See, it never fails...
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lantis wrote: »
    Can we get the numbers on how many people have actually purchased this uniform? Cause I have a strong feeling it's 0.

That's exactly why it's a giveaway!

In a thread like this where most players are grateful for giveaways of any kind, the last few pages sure have been ungrateful...

As if Cryptic is going to give away a huge money maker... lol... Spending too much time in-game, are we? Losing a bit of touch with reality?

I'm grateful, at least. Fugly or not, this is one item I hadn't had before. So, thanks!!
    CM
    :)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you! The Motion Picture dress uniforms are pure 1970s retro sci-fi, and very beautifully made by you guys.

But would love 'em even more if you LIBERATED the color palette so we can make them screen accurate! Arbitrary color limitations on costumes hurt sales, immersion, and game quality!
    Greenbird
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for yesterday's R&D pack. That was nice. :)

Today, I get nothing during your Anniversary Giveaway, because once again Cryptic is choosing to ignore those of us who support your game and purchase costumes and other C-Store items when they are released.

You're not ignoring us? Well, it seems like it. If you aren't, then act on the fact that some people might already own the gift. Seriously, this is like the 5th time you've done these sort of C-Store Giveaways. And I would like to be gracious and happy and accepting of your gifts, but when you continually show no consideration for your supporters, it begins to feel like we don't matter.

It's easy, just give out an alternate gift for those who already have the primary item. Ideally, give us our Zen back. I suppose I can understand why you wouldn't do that, but how about an equivalent value worth of keys, dilithium... something... anything... So we faithful customers don't feel shafted and miss out on these celebration rewards.

:(

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For all the people complaining about the fed-centricness of today's giveaway, I'm taking odds that within the next 3 days the kdf will be given the Sub'Qu (sp?) raptor for the 3rd time in one of these giveaways just to say: "Hey look, we are not ignoring the KDF!"

Like some others I was ok with the R&D pack for day 1 since it can be used by all characters of any faction and was hoping for more of the same types of gifts this time around, but guess I got my hopes up yet again (would think I should have that out of my system by now having been here since beta...).
  • Options
    lantislantis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    That's exactly why it's a giveaway!

In a thread like this where most players are grateful for giveaways of any kind, the last few pages sure have been ungrateful...

As if Cryptic is going to give away a huge money maker... lol... Spending too much time in-game, are we? Losing a bit of touch with reality?

I'm grateful, at least. Fugly or not, this is one item I hadn't had before. So, thanks!!
    CM
    :)

Are you really that out of touch with reality? Lets go over the basics of the world again shall we.

Games have to be entertaining, if they aren't people won't play. The customers have to be satisfied with the service they're getting, otherwise they won't play or pay. Dissatisfied customers lead to more discord and generally greater community dissatisfaction which is why some companies (ok a lot) choose to censor people rather than fix the problem. Multiplayer gaming even more importantly survives off their player base, when a player leaves the game, it leads to a greater likelihood of other players leaving.

So lets go over reality again, TRIBBLE the customers off = less players = even less players = less money. Conclusion, keep your customers satisfied, this is the basics that every major corporation should know.
  • Options
    zbezynzbezyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Klingons? No? Ye, like always. I have a question, so, why do u do a faction, then making it aviable from lvl 25(if i`m not mistaken) then make it free for all, ND THEN JUST FORGETTING ABOUT IT AT ALL. Ye, as always. Die the federation! Kill all humans! Q'apla!
  • Options
    fildaskirkfildaskirk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As some people have already said, it is quite rude of Cryptic to give away an item people can only get from C-store, therefore ripping off paying customers if they don't give those people some form of compensation.
    However the problem is that not everybody actually had to pay in real money to get the uniforms. Theoretically speaking a few months of dilithium grinding (and perhaps even clever use of ZEN-Dil exchange if multiple toons were used) would result in enough dilithium to exchange for ZEN and then purchase of those uniforms for free. Using ZEN does not necesairly mean paying player.
    Since I did however pay for the Zen to get the uniforms (during the Xmas sale though), I too am ,to paraphrase Worf in Peak Performance, ... irritated.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The crafting box was good. I got several items I have no clue what to do with yet. But I will do my crafting once I get up to Lv15. So those will stay in inventory until then.

The new one with the uniform is nice. Not one of my favorite uniforms, but I will take it. And perhaps in the future use it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    You know...in the two years I've been playing STO, I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone wearing this particular uniform. I didn't even know it was in the game to be honest *sweatdrops*

I actually did have my Captain and BOFFs in the proper canonical TMP uniforms for awhile. I'm not even a big fan of the pastels, but it was a fun bit of nostalgia for a few months.

I'm kind of weird, though.
  • Options
    inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps tomorrow we will get something like more ship spaces, or perhaps a boost to Boff slots.
  • Options
    piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok, I'm fine with the Costume. I probably won't use it for a long time, but it's nice to have the option. I'd probably never have gotten around to buying it, but it does have potential...

Meanwhile, I'm thinking that tomorrow's gift will either be KDF/RR exclusive, or be more useful for gameplay. Maybe extra BOFF slots for example.
  • Options
    morgrawrmorgrawr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    how about you release some free bug fixes, and stop treating klingon and romulan players like they dont exist. seriously, i can underestand some small amounts of bias in mmo's but what takes place in STO is simply absurd.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This costume pack includes a top, pants, boots, and combadge!
    What combadge? I don't see any new combadges unlocked. Does it simply give the same combadges as The Original Series Pack?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    shadowbane2008shadowbane2008 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys how about something decent like Perhaps a free upgrade token to upgrade our t5 ships to T5-U? :p
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    What combadge? I don't see any new combadges unlocked. Does it simply give the same combadges as The Original Series Pack?

There is a unique style of insignia for the set. Should be called Motion Picture in the communicator badge drop down. Which reveals One color palette for the Starfleet emblem and one for the background meant to display department colors of the period. The background palette is missing from the female variant.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    psiameese wrote: »
    The background palette is missing from the female variant.

I distinctly remember it working at one point, but it broke a couple years back and hasn't worked right since. :/
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am waiting to see what's next to be release? Wonder who made these choices for us. They should give us the option to pick from a list of items we really need to get. Like other online games do. This is the only game I see they picking the gifts for you. If you give us the choice I am sure less complaints about the current gifts given out. Maybe next time. Thanks for what you have picked out for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Huh, a uniform I don't have. Sweet!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lantis wrote: »

<raises hand> Got it when it first came out.

TMP & WoK are my favorite Trek movies so I use those Uni's a lot.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I claimed the uniforms on KDF-Rom and it appears to have unlocked them on Fed and Klingon as well.
  • Options
    fildaskirkfildaskirk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    coolheadal wrote: »
    I am waiting to see what's next to be release? Wonder who made these choices for us. They should give us the option to pick from a list of items we really need to get. Like other online games do. This is the only game I see they picking the gifts for you. If you give us the choice I am sure less complaints about the current gifts given out. Maybe next time. Thanks for what you have picked out for us.

Not really, War Thunder also pick what they "gift" to players and don't give the option to players themselves. Plus they also make the players work to get the gift (sort of like in Q's Winter Wonderland - complete some tasks and you get the special), unlike their competitor World of Tanks which gives Xmas and anniversary gifts for free (they are TRIBBLE though).
    The point in War Thunder (and in World of Tanks too) however is the fact that if you already own the item in question, as you purchased it for gold currency beforehand or from online store (and so you know the chance of getting gold currency for free here are extremely limited so 99% of the gold is purchased for real money) and you finish the task for the item, you are automatically reimbruised in the form of the exact amount of gold currency you paid for the item.