test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Server Issues

dryckendrycken Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Can someone please verify that the patch server is down? I got 57% of the way through downloading the game and it stopped responding. Haven't been able to resume for the last hour.
Post edited by drycken on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can get into the game fine, so there's nothing wrong with the STO Patch Servers...

You did look at this thread before posting? PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues - *READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING*
  • dryckendrycken Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My issue is not connectivity to the patch server. My issue is being able to download anything from it, and yes I did read that post. If your patch is validated as the latest, of course you're going to be able to get in.
    edited January 2015
    Also, stostatus.com is showing the patch server to be down as well.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you can try to check your Internet Security programm.

maybe the Update did something to the Launcher what your security programm didnt like and blocked the connection.
    edited January 2015
    Fixed. I had to enable the US proxy option to get it to continue.
    edited January 2015
    drycken wrote: »
    Fixed. I had to enable the US proxy option to get it to continue.

If changing to the proxy corrects the problem, then this indicates you were suffering from some kind of connectivity issue...
    edited January 2015
    Wherever the communication breakdown was, it would go so far as to tell me that it was patching, suggesting a connection of sorts, and then not download anything from the server.
  • masterkampmasterkamp Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wherever the communication breakdown was, it would go so far as to tell me that it was patching, suggesting a connection of sorts, and then not download anything from the server.

I got the same problem here!
    edited January 2015

Just because you can establish a connection doesn't mean you can maintain the connection... This is why the Network Diagnostic results are important, as they can provide clues to pointing out exactly what the problem is...
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    launcher update...tried connecting....etc..then on the launcher when I enter my user/pass and click launch..connecting. then zip. I was able to get in just fine earlier this morning.

also..before you say it, I have changed NOTHING on my computer or home network. been seated at this computer all day.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
    edited January 2015
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    also..before you say it, I have changed NOTHING on my computer or home network. been seated at this computer all day.

But can you say the same about your ISP ? Or the Internet Backbone Provider that their using ?