test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Samsar T6 Cruiser

Comments

• inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    I was discussing this earlier tonight with someone. Huge SG fan here and knew I would feel like an idiot for not thinking about the Prometheus.|

I can also see the Arcadia in there too...save for the lack of massive naval guns on the dorsal.

I also can't believe I didn't see the Prometheus. I hope eventually we get a Daedelus style carrier ship.
  • inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll post this again:

I have the Dyson event still yet to be complete. If I put my Qmendations from this event into it, will I get the Dyson ship?
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    inthefluxx wrote: »
    I'll post this again:

I have the Dyson event still yet to be complete. If I put my Qmendations from this event into it, will I get the Dyson ship?

Considering they are using the same items as last year, I can only HOPE that it does work.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe I'm not seeing what everyone else has seen. Prometheus had Star Wars thrusters on the back and was more box shaped. The only similarity would probably be the long shaped hull.
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    It's nothing like a Prometheus. The only similarities are elongated body, command deck elevated on top and nacelles (hangar bays in case of the Prometheus) on the sides closer to the rear.

It's nothing like the prometheus...except at least these three similarities you immediately mention after making that statement...
    takfel wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not seeing what everyone else has seen. Prometheus had Star Wars thrusters on the back and was more box shaped. The only similarity would probably be the long shaped hull.
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus

Rotate the central 'box' by 45 degrees, replace the hangars with nacelles, and then paint it purple. Mix in some imagination for extra zest. Obviously it's not going to look extremely similar for a number of reasons, the most important being the legal ones. By no means am I attacking a dev or artist here either, just pointing out similarities in concept design. Drawing (literally and figuratively) inspiration from other media is perfectly acceptable.
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    It's nothing like the prometheus...except at least these three similarities you immediately mention after making that statement...

Rotate the central 'box' by 45 degrees, replace the hangars with nacelles, and then paint it purple. Mix in some imagination for extra zest. Obviously it's not going to look extremely similar for a number of reasons, the most important being the legal ones. By no means am I attacking a dev or artist here either, just pointing out similarities in concept design. Drawing (literally and figuratively) inspiration from other media is perfectly acceptable.

I'm still not seeing it. Besides, Prometheus was a Greek tragedy. Who wants that? ;)
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I may still grind till I get the extra 400 QMendations I'd need to make my total an even 1000, but it looks like I'll be holding onto them until the 6th Anniversary and hope that year's ship won't be a joke.
  • dwolf1400dwolf1400 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Who cares about the ship. I wanna know about the 5th anniversary party popper/horn
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jjdez wrote: »

The similarities I mentioned aren't far more concrete than the one obvious similarity: both are space ships.

Each of those ships has a much different feel...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    I may still grind till I get the extra 400 QMendations I'd need to make my total an even 1000, but it looks like I'll be holding onto them until the 6th Anniversary and hope that year's ship won't be a joke.
    Different strokes for different folks, you know what that means, don't you? it means that everyone likes things other people may not like. It's fine if you want to not get the ship, I'll happily get it, because it looks awesome and it'll be a perfect fit for my Engineers (I don't have a Tier 6 ship for either of my Federation character or my KDF characters).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bruce Wayne: "Does it come in Black?"
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Will the Dyson ships from last year's anniversary project be available, and if so, will we be able to get a discount on them once we complete the projects for them like with the Samsar?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bassmas314 wrote: »
    Will the Dyson ships from last year's anniversary project be available, and if so, will we be able to get a discount on them once we complete the projects for them like with the Samsar?

Nope seeing as they are in the Lobi store.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Will the new episode require you to have done the Delta Rising content already, or require you to be level 60?
    But 1000 is over priced! The ship only crews 650 of them.

That you know of.

Mustrum "Fine body you have there, would be terrible if something happened to it" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is this particle thing like the scan particles at the academies? If so, oh joyous times! I certainly hope it's not. 100 people tripping all over each other trying to bean them to one is going to be oh so much fun... for a ship I most likely won't use. Maybe I will just pass on this one.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • geekasylumgeekasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Awesome. This looks like one fine ship! Thanks Cryptic, and thanks for maintaining the discount. :)
    --
    Player since July 2010. KDF Sci: 11,230 Accolade Points as at Jan 2015
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think I've just found my Ferasan's new ship :D

Good idea!
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First of all, i have to Say that the Design is very well done, the Moment i saw it, i wanted it :eek:, than i had a look at the Stats and.....was Dissaponted :(.....Commander Engineering OK, its a Cruiser, LT Commander Engineering...why? :confused:why not a Universal so everyone can Choose how to Fly it? Players who want to Fly it as a Tank can put another Engineering Boff in there, players like me who like to Fly their Ships more offensive could put a Tactical in there, since this is a Beam Boat, being able to use FAWIII, Beta1 and at least 1 Tac Team 1 would be AWESOME, but by Restricting it like this, you are making a Great looking Ship, unapealing to at least half or a Major Part of the Players, and that is a BIG SHAME. Why not give the Players the Option to choose how to Fly it? Most of the Ships in the Delta Pack have a Lt Com Tac, in this Case just making the Lt Com a Universal would make everyone happy. I Really want to Fly this Ships, but this Layout is a No-Go for me and everyone who likes to Fly Tactical like me, therefore.

PLEASE Cryptic Change the Lt Commander ENG to a Universal, this is a Anniversary Ship that should Appeal to ALL Players, not Just a part of them therefore it should be Versatile, making the LT Com to a Universal would give all Players the Option to Fly it either, Tacticaly Focused, Science Focused or even More Engineering Focused, it would be a WIN-WIN for everyone. You want to Celebrate the Fifth Year of STO with us? Than be so Nice and make ALL of US Happy PLEASE.

Thanks for taking your Time to read this, and hopefully seeing my Point.;)
  • vedran0picardvedran0picard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It look ugly to me seems that Cryptic love to give us ugly designed ships for free on Anniversary.

First Obelisk Carrier (LOOK LIKE BIG FLYING SKULL), second Solanae Dyson Science Destroyer FED version (FOR ME MOST UGLY SHIP IN GAME BUT KDF AND ROMULAN VERSIONS LOOK GREAT). Now we got "FLYING SPACE COFFIN FROM KOBAI"…

This is 5th Anniversary why you don’t give us ship from Hirogens, Kazons or Voth, Species 8472 or even one ship from discontinued Lock Box this will be Great reward for 5th Anniversary.

Please take my critics with no offense!
  • tonnbarttonnbart Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks awesome!
    Should the Command Officers make up for the lack of tactical it shall be flown - and quite gloriously so.
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dont like the ship.
    I dont like the grind.

I am going to pass.. thanks anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Interesting reactions to this on observation. We have people who either:
    A: Love the new ship
    B: Are indifferent about it, and will obtain it for the equipment and trait but subsequently mothball it
    C: Have varying degrees of dislike toward it.

Guess I count as 'B' personally, although I might use it on one of alts who doesn't have any T6 ships.

And you have the guy from post #203 who seems to be working at the U.N. as ambassador for France..
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i do not understand why there are no pictures from the bridge on the blog post ... it would be nice to see the bridge too and not just for this ship. when the xindi lock box came up i wanted to get the carrier and i love to see the bridge before buying the ship. i spent a lot of time looking for someone kind enough to show me the bridge...
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    akpa wrote: »
    i do not understand why there are no pictures from the bridge on the blog post ... it would be nice to see the bridge too and not just for this ship. when the xindi lock box came up i wanted to get the carrier and i love to see the bridge before buying the ship. i spent a lot of time looking for someone kind enough to show me the bridge...

Theres a picture here

Well I'm assuming thats the bridge :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First of all, i have to Say that the Design is very well done, the Moment i saw it, i wanted it :eek:, than i had a look at the Stats and.....was Dissaponted :(.....Commander Engineering OK, its a Cruiser, LT Commander Engineering...why? :confused:why not a Universal so everyone can Choose how to Fly it? Players who want to Fly it as a Tank can put another Engineering Boff in there, players like me who like to Fly their Ships more offensive could put a Tactical in there, since this is a Beam Boat, being able to use FAWIII, Beta1 and at least 1 Tac Team 1 would be AWESOME, but by Restricting it like this, you are making a Great looking Ship, unapealing to at least half or a Major Part of the Players, and that is a BIG SHAME. Why not give the Players the Option to choose how to Fly it? Most of the Ships in the Delta Pack have a Lt Com Tac, in this Case just making the Lt Com a Universal would make everyone happy. I Really want to Fly this Ships, but this Layout is a No-Go for me and everyone who likes to Fly Tactical like me, therefore.

Thanks for taking your Time to read this, and hopefully seeing my Point.;)

that LT Commander slot is a Hybrid model so you can use the new command powers in that slot rather than Engineering powers so i think they heard ya
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The ship itself looks awesome, but it seems a bit too bright, and orange, for being Kobali. or is that just a skin?
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fleet quality T6 cruiser? Yes please. =^^=

But please tell me we can change the skin color away from the brick clay red that ship has, to anything else. The veteran skin would look snazzy on that. Please at least that much, everything else is butt TRIBBLE fine. :D
  • admirala1admirala1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Epic looking ship just Epic this Romulan Approves keep the good work coming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jolan tru, from the Mirror Universe"
  • he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A steady stream of new ships continues to pour into the game, so I continue to call for Cryptic to raise the ship cap or remove it altogether. I can no longer purchase any new ship slots (I'm at max) and many ships cannot be simply discharged and reclaimed. Most of the ships I have are either Fleet (would have to be repurchased) or from various events. Event and lock box ships cannot be reclaimed once discharged.

So, Cryptic, please remove the cap on the number of ship slots we can purchase. What's the point of adding more and more ships to the game if we can't buy slots to put them in?
    f86cqFw.png