test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Trust ~ A Roleplay Fleet ~ Is Recruiting and Looking for Other Roleplay Fleets!

zanethesagezanethesage Member Posts: 68 Arc User
edited January 2015 in New Romulus
The Trust

Hello my STO friends and comrades! My name is Zane Seos, Fleet Ambassador for the Trust. I have to thank my fleet leaders for giving me this opportunity to promote our fleet. My personal ideas are much bigger than that, but I'll get to them in a moment. Right now, we are but a small respectful Medium RP fleet that is among the oldest of STO.

Now then, I assume that you've read this far! If you're still interested, we've got a ways to go.

Who We Are

The Trust, a fleet that is on the front lines day and night, quietly waits to counter any new and current threat to the Federation and her interests. We are vigilant, and we stand ready for diplomacy or defense. Our mission is to explore the worlds that we find, work as a team and as friends, and provide for the common good, all while upholding the beliefs of the United Federation of Planets.

Our starbase, 130-T, has seen the best of times and the worst of times. It has been both a shining protector and a beaten soul. It is run by some of Starfleet's finest officers of many creeds, races, and species. They help the loyal Captains of the fleet by providing intel,fostering assistance, and providing a place to call home away from home.

The recently established embassy on New Romulus, known only to the ensigns as Baseplate, has provided us a link to our Romulan friends, to help and to teach them how they must now go about their lives. Here our Federation and Romulan counterparts work to rebuild the Romulan society under a banner of peace and prosperity, and to work with our new Klingon allies to secure their interests and protect them from the Imperial Romulan State.

Our fleet is currently deployed in the Solonae Dyson Sphere, where our friends and allies work together to defend against the Voth and Undine from using this sphere's power source to end us all. We all work loyally under an unwavering admiralty that treats each member of our fleet like family, and stands in the face of danger when none of us can.

Our Focus

We want you and your stories to be a part of the Star Trek Universe. We pride ourselves on having a very firm but loving grasp on the canon of Star Trek. Our members enjoy that they are able to roleplay in comfort, and are able to ask questions that a dedicated group of Fleet Veterans can answer. And if we can't tell you the answer, by the Prophets, we'll find one. Within these bounds, our creativity can soar to new heights and we can tell stories of our own generation.

Who We Want

~~~ People with stories to tell!
Surely many of you have reached endgame, completed or are on your way to completing the Reputation systems, and running STFs or PvPs non-stop and are starting to ask "What else can I do in this game?" Well, my friends, an answer is right here, and right now. Roleplay. The Star Trek universe is perfect for roleplaying and is capable of telling trillions upon trillions of unique stories that need not have an end. To assist with this, we've created a group of our own members that will create and brainstorm new stories to tell and new lives to lead for our characters and our fleet as a whole.

~~~ Leaders who are friendly and devoted!
Our leadership is undergoing changes right now that will make us stronger and help us to grow. What we need is people that are able to prove themselves as leaders both in and out of character, to help where it is needed and to be the bright shining faces that encourage people to log in, even if it's just to chat.

~~~ Foundry braniacs!
Having a good handle on roleplay isn't the only thing you can be good at! We need people with extensive knowledge of the Foundry, and all its capabilities. I myself have been a regular visitor to the Foundry and have been absolutely blown away at what people can produce with their limited resources. I've played stories that I've loved so much, I've gone back and replayed them numerous times. That kind of creativity would be well at home here. I'm proud to say that over the course of our fleet's history, we've had four ARCs, giant stories that involve quite a bit of time in their creation and execution (through the Foundry, video trailers, fleet involvement and planning) that have been successfully started and completed, and each time, we've had resounding results in both character development and fleet story development as a whole.

Our Current Leaders

Since you've made it this far, I'd say you're pretty interested. I would now like to introduce our fleet's leadership. These people have had a vision and have always lead us, in one form or the other, in character or out of character, through just about whatever comes our way.
The Right Honorable Varzec Shaaded, Fleet Admiral of the Trust
@deffdog
The Right Honorable Matthew Steven Cline, Rear Admiral (Lower Half) and Executive Officer of the Trust and Starbase 130-T
@InhumaneKitten
The Right Honorable Zane Argent Seos, Ambassador and Fleet Officer of the Trust and Baseplate
@zanethesage
The Right Honorable Dylan Ulysses Crate, Special Operations Commander and Fleet Officer of the Trust
@cutthroat_porter

Our Future

Now we get to the good part: Why are we saying we're looking for other roleplay fleets, and not just members? Quite simple. We have an idea: Make friends with other fleets, share our stories, and make new joint campaigns that we all can be a part of. This may sound bold and perhaps even outlandish, but I'm confident that in this community, if you find people like you that enjoy similar things in game, you'll never be bored or alone!

I used to be a part of the old world MMORPG The Scape of Runes (surely you can imply what game ;) ) , and there, before the drastic changes, we had clans before clans were cool. And there, we had our own coalition. A parlimentary body of players from many clans, and each were represented. Later, that coalition became a federation of its own, with nearly 250-300 clans represented by their leaders under one banner. Now, that federation is a thing of the past, perhaps a legend. Some dispute it even existed. But those that were a part of it know in their hearts it did.

And now, I want to make something like that in Star Trek Online. An alliance of canon roleplaying fleets, formed under its own constitution and parliamentary procedure, that exists for the the love of Star Trek, the love of stories, and of course, for the love of the game. A group that leads each other, and that fosters storytelling, ability, skill, renown, and of course, friendship. A group that offers thoughts, ideas, grievances, and concerns to each other, their friends, and the Developers. These tenants, and those that we hope to instill in each member that have not yet come to light, are what drives us to seek out new friends in new alliances.

How to Join

If any of this intrigues you, if you've heard of us before, or even if you want to give the roleplaying experience a shot, here's what we need you to do!

1. Make an account at http://stotrust.shivtr.com, and fill out the form to the best of your ability. Remember to be on for about a week or two after submission, so we can reach you!
  2. Once we reach you, we'll conduct an in character and then out of character interview (both at the same time for sanity's sake ;) ) to determine if the Trust fits your goals and ideals as a character and as a player.
  3. If we accept you, congratulations! If we don't, it's quite okay! We'll let you know of anything during the interview that might pop up in the interview or application that may need to be addressed. Even if there is something that we come across, we're willing to brainstorm compromises or alternatives so that your character is still uniquely you. The best compromises come when everyone's willing to put their heads together.
  4. Upon your acceptance, Recruits will need to read our pinned threads under the subforum "Hailing Frequency", to get a handle for the rules and regulations that make our fleet a smooth, well-oiled machine. They'll also need to post their personal "bios" under the appropriate subforum as well so we can take care of them. Personal Bios must be posted within a week of joining, before reaching Cadet status.
  5. Once Cadet status has been reached, You'll need to do the following: a) Post a log in our RP subforum of any RP you have participated in with the fleet or any RP event you GM'd (Or DM'd, depending on your roleplay roots ;) ), b) Make friends and have fun with the fleet! Let them know that you really want to be a part of our group and to have fun with us however you can, and c) schedule with a Fleet Officer a Membership Test at the end of a three week waiting period. (It's really not that long, I promise :D )
  6. If you pass, well done! You're now a fully certified Member of our fleet! We welcome you to our ranks with open arms and can't wait to see what you're capable of.

Final Word

Whew! If you've made it here, thanks for reading everything! It took me quite some time to write this post, but I wanted to make sure it caught your attention! You've made my wrists feel like their work was not in vain!

Should you have any questions of any kind, you may contact @deffdog, @InhumaneKitten, or @zanethesage (that's me) via PM or Mail, and we'll do our best to answer your questions. (I'm on probably the most out of all of us listed)

Thanks for reading, and live long and prosper in this great world of ours, and in our other great world, Star Trek Online.

~Zane
Post edited by zanethesage on

Comments

• zanethesagezanethesage Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    EDIT!

The Trust is beginning an undertaking of it's next story campaign! ARC V: When Mirrors Shatter, a story about how a chance encounter and a simple piece of technology threaten the entire Federation and her interests.

Contact @zanethesage, @deffdog, or @InhumaneKitten if you want to know more!

Always with respect,

~Zane
  • ebilpiwatebilpiwat Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Qapla Zanethesage,

12th fleet has many active role players, and we always enjoy a good story. We also offer great diplomatic relations so you can retain your fleet, and simply add from our talented player base.

If you are interested visit our page Here! or reach out to any of our fleet diplomats.

Good luck on your story.
    12th Fleet - KDF Division
    "Do not expect there to be justice in the universe, but that does not mean you can not take great pride in seeking it out."
    edited August 2014
    ebilpiwat wrote: »
    Qapla Zanethesage,

12th fleet has many active role players, and we always enjoy a good story. We also offer great diplomatic relations so you can retain your fleet, and simply add from our talented player base.

If you are interested visit our page Here! or reach out to any of our fleet diplomats.

Good luck on your story.

Sounds great, let's definitely get in touch. I'm juggling lots of things right now in my own fleet, but I would be very excited to see what you guys are made of!

Thanks for the heads-up!

~Zane
    edited August 2014
    RED ALERT!

The Trust will be starting its next storyline this Friday, August 8th! ARC V: When Mirror Shatter is about how a chance encounter with an old love and a piece of seemingly unworthy technology threatens the Federation and her interests.

Contact one of the guys in light blue to learn more or to join us on this quest to save the galaxy~!
    edited August 2014
    COMRADES!

Today we start our next campaign! ARC V: When Mirrors Shatter is about a piece of technology and a lost love found that threatens the security of the galaxy!

Check out our promo video here!

ARC V: When Mirrors Shatter

See you all around~!

~Zane
    edited August 2014
    Hey again all!

We're still interested in getting to know and making friends from other RP fleets. We're still trying to start our multifleet alliance in the hopes it grows into something more~!

Plus, we still need you! Anyone that enjoys the canon RP of Star Trek and wants to live it for themselves can with us!

Contact a guy in light blue today~!
    edited October 2014
    Hey everyone~!

We're still out here, and looking for folks that want to have a nice canon RP experience with us!

Plus, we still have big plans in mind, that I'll detail soon. If you want to know about these big plans, or want to see about seeing if we're a good fit for you, contact me in game or via game mail at @zanethesage if you want to know more!

Thanks for reading, hope to see you in game~!

~Zane
    edited October 2014
    Hello all~!

With the advent of the Delta Quadrant becoming available to players, our fleet is already on the front lines rolling into the unknown! Come join us in our stories of The Trust, and we'll build legacies that will last a lifetime!

Contact @zanethesage if you want to know more or want to join!

Thanks everyone, see you in the Delta Quadrant~!

~Zane
    edited November 2014
    Hello everyone~!

We're looking for anyone that wants a fun canon-esque RP experience in the world of STO with a group of friends who love to make stories! Are you looking to get that Romulan into a high-stakes Tal Shiar infiltration? Or is your Talaxian following the path of the commando and the intelligence officer? Those stories can all be told and retold again with us!

~Contact an officer listed in light blue today!
    edited December 2014
    Hey everyone!

The Trust is beginning its excursion into the Delta Quadrant, and we'll need as many able hands as we can to meet all the aliens that Admiral Janeway encountered, and help in any way we can.

Contact an officer in light blue to see about writing your story in the Delta Quadrant~!

~Zane
    edited January 2015
    Hey folks~!

The Trust is looking for folks that want a fun canon RP experience within STO in a tight knit group of friends that are just like family.

Contact @zanethesage via in-game, in game mail, or through our site, http://stotrust.shivtr.com.

See you all around~!

~Zane
    edited January 2015
    Hey everyone!

We recently redid many things about our fleet, including getting in and playing! We're still very much devoted to a canon roleplay experience!

If anyone is curious about us, contact @zanethesage or @Farmer42 if you want to learn more or join!

~Zane