test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Samsar T6 Cruiser

Comments

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like it apart from the horns on the front , other than that why do the newer T6 have pink glow ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks really cool, but the stats mean i'll just get it for the trait, sadly.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like the design, my fed and kdf could use the starship trait while my rom could use the ship. Though seriously? this game is celebrating five years and what we have to do to get the ship is grind? why? people would be finding those omega particles with a vengence no matter what due to them being the source for gear upgrades, Q should be hovering over dozens of presents and when you go up to the present it reads: Open present, and when you open it you get the req package for that toon and you can only do it once per character. WHY GRINDING?? WHY??:(:(:(:(
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    usscapital wrote: »
    I like it apart from the horns on the front , other than that why do the newer T6 have pink glow ?

The winglets on the front are removable per jamjamz higher in the thread.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay I love this ship design. She looks beautiful, I may just have to put my Assault cruiser in dry dock now. (Don't tell my Assault cruiser I said that.)
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    RIGHT??

Seriously, this ship is a beautiful, creepy look. That unnerving grin...:eek:

That's an amazing ship! Now all we need is Kobali BOFFs to crew it an playable Kobali Captains. :D
  • spc1spc1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Any chance to pick up the promotional Dyson Science Destroyer for Q-mendations this year as well, for our new chars that need the DSD's secondary deflector but were born after last year's anniversary?
    Yes please, i'd like that also.
  • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why can't you just give us the ship and get done with it, I am tired to farm and grind everytime you come with something that is "free" I am already farming my reputation, spec points, dilithium to hopefully upgrade 1 weapon a week, farm fleet marks to get enough fleet credits to buy an item. We just did Winterland for crying out loud.........

That is already a lot of work and I want to play and enjoy the game not farm constantly.
    I am staying in Elite Dangerous, if you want me and most of your players back, make the game FUN like pre season 6 when there wasnt any intense farming as there is now, when the game was actually fun to play then it is now!
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Beautiful ship, looks like a cross between the head of a black dragon from D&D and the queens head from Aliens.

Those stats/boff seats aren't what I was expecting but it'll make one hell of a tank for sure; hats off to you guys, well done.
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    usscapital wrote: »

Because nothing says beware the undead like pink! I'll be visiting the ship decorator for a color refit a.s.a.p.
  • inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the Dyson ship event still to do from last year. If I put in the qmendations from this year, will it unlock?
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    takfel wrote: »
    Because nothing says beware the undead like pink! I'll be visiting the ship decorator for a color refit a.s.a.p.

Well, it IS an alien ship. For all we know, the color pink could be the color reserved for war, chaos, destruction, and doing horrible things to other races dead....

Another possible point of view - a pink glow could just mean their plasma isn't refined and as 'hot' as Federation, KDF, and Romulan is. Remember, blue and green is way hotter then orange, red, or pink.

And remember - until the early 1900's, and still in many parts of the world, pink is a manly color and an expensive one due to the dyes involved.
  • originalfrans83originalfrans83 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has anyone else noticed that it looks like the head of a Xenomorph Queen? Think whoever designed it watched Aliens recently.
    edited January 2015
    zuigje010 wrote: »
    Why can't you just give us the ship and get done with it, I am tired to farm and grind everytime you come with something that is "free" I am already farming my reputation, spec points, dilithium to hopefully upgrade 1 weapon a week, farm fleet marks to get enough fleet credits to buy an item. We just did Winterland for crying out loud.........

That is already a lot of work and I want to play and enjoy the game not farm constantly.
    I am staying in Elite Dangerous, if you want me and most of your players back, make the game FUN like pre season 6 when there wasnt any intense farming as there is now, when the game was actually fun to play then it is now!

Implying Elite Dangerous isn't as much as or even more of a grind. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Well, it IS an alien ship. For all we know, the color pink could be the color reserved for war, chaos, destruction, and doing horrible things to other races dead....

Another possible point of view - a pink glow could just mean their plasma isn't refined and as 'hot' as Federation, KDF, and Romulan is. Remember, blue and green is way hotter then orange, red, or pink.

And remember - until the early 1900's, and still in many parts of the world, pink is a manly color and an expensive one due to the dyes involved.

So, Pink shirts die first on Kobali ships?
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I may not be a fan of the species that built it, but that is one sexy space-submarine-battleship. It almost looks like something out of Gundam, but I'm a big fan of the down-swept nose and nacelle assembly of the ship.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My impressions:

The front "grill" and angled body work remind me of the newer Cadillacs. *shrug*

The conning tower rise towards the back with and long slim body is reminescent of Leiji Matsumoto (Capt.Harlock, Yamato...) the front is very Capt. Harlock-ish

The "wings" and fins and very nice shaped thrusters seem Gerry Anderson-ish to me

That rear shot in the blog looks like it could be a Gerry Anderson vehicle.

Very nice.

I will be removing the "fangs" on mine I think but definitely keeping those lovely fins on top.

Thank you.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, because of the front grille and the V-fin at the back, is the nickname for this ship going to be the "Space Cadillac?"

Not that I'm complaining, I still think this ship looks beautiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    neat looking design, considering there was only the 1 kobali ship in voyager

glad i kept some q thingys from last year, hehe
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about making Q-medations account bound so I can just do the story mission three times to get the 1k and use the remaining 200 to get the five additional ships for the few alts that I would puts this ship on... no shame in asking the... unlikely.... :rolleyes:
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to admit the design is growing on me.

Will she have a unique bridge to go with the new ship?

(Edit: Okay, it will. Dang! I keep missing small stuff like that in these posts. lol)
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    edited January 2015
    So, because of the front grille and the V-fin at the back, is the nickname for this ship going to be the "Space Cadillac?"

Not that I'm complaining, I still think this ship looks beautiful.

Mine will be named "Gravedigger" or if it's too common maybe "Betelgeuse" or "Graves & Graves Mortuary"

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    djxprime wrote: »
    I have to admit the design is growing on me.

Will she have a unique bridge to go with the new ship?

So says the blog, at the very bottom.

And I'm still waiting for larger pics, Trendy. Thank you in advance.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Probably the best tank in the game, and it's free.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Looks like a pretty impressive defensive cruiser, I'm impressed with it's stats. I am a little disappointed that there is only one ship this year (unlike the 2-3 in past year's events), however... my main question is:

Can we change it's hull color? I'm imagining that beastie in a silver/grey or a slick black... and it would be EPIC!!

Edit: Misspelled some stuff... sorry :(
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it looks like a F-Zero racer, namely GX racer, I love that look

thus I am getting one.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    miirik wrote: »
    it looks like a F-Zero racer, namely GX racer, I love that look

thus I am getting one.

The stats are good, but i rather dislike the looks.
    I'll get it for trait and console, but it will probably become storage.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good looking ship . . . Did we verify which is the fore and aft? I would hate to fly the ship backwards!:eek:
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited January 2015
    Names for your new meat wagon brought to you by:

The Kobali - We put the FUN in funeral!

Ship of the Living Dead
    pet sematary
    Re-animator
    black magic
    resurrection
    C.H.U.D.
    rotten to the corpse
    crypt