test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How can i craft the Arc Weapons?

ksd2012ksd2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
i got Cannons to 15 and i cant for the love to get a duty officer to show up!

i already have all the components to craft at least 2 Wide Angled Dual Heavy Cannons, but for the love of me cant get a Duty officer to show up, how can i?
Post edited by ksd2012 on

Comments

• Options
    stohaydenstohayden Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Assuming your a FED, you will need one of the following duty officers to begin the project.

Please look at: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Crafting#R.26D_School_Duty_Officers_.28for_level_15_items.29

1. Sul Ivandi
    2. Derroti Ohnorso
    3. Mizuab

The easiest way to get one is via the Exchange.

Alternatively, you can request 'R & D assistance' and see if you have any luck getting one.
  • Options
    ksd2012ksd2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    stohayden wrote: »
    Assuming your a FED, you will need one of the following duty officers to begin the project.

Please look at: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Crafting#R.26D_School_Duty_Officers_.28for_level_15_items.29

1. Sul Ivandi
    2. Derroti Ohnorso
    3. Mizuab

The easiest way to get one is via the Exchange.

Alternatively, you can request 'R & D assistance' and see if you have any luck getting one.

ok, thanks
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can only have 1 Wide Arc DHC equipped. Which makes the idea of them quite useless. There's no point on having several DHCs, most with normal DHC arcs while 1 has a wide one. Also most DHC-capable ships have inherently good turn rates for their ship types and makes it easy to bring narrow arc weapons into play. Which further negates the usefulness of Wide Arc DHCs.

And since I know someone's going to say it, "But what about Omnibeams? Those are 360!" Well, those are beams and more importantly, they can be stuffed in a rear weapon slot and beam abilities work on them. Just don't use them on a traditional single beam array beamboat, they're quite bad for that. Standard array or Kinetic Cutting Beam from Omega Rep is far more useful in that setup.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can only have 1 Wide Arc DHC equipped. Which makes the idea of them quite useless. There's no point on having several DHCs, most with normal DHC arcs while 1 has a wide one. Also most DHC-capable ships have inherently good turn rates for their ship types and makes it easy to bring narrow arc weapons into play. Which further negates the usefulness of Wide Arc DHCs.

And since I know someone's going to say it, "But what about Omnibeams? Those are 360!" Well, those are beams and more importantly, they can be stuffed in a rear weapon slot and beam abilities work on them. Just don't use them on a traditional single beam array beamboat, they're quite bad for that. Standard array or Kinetic Cutting Beam from Omega Rep is far more useful in that setup.

I find that on my matha raptor and my mirror tvaro a wide arc cannon would be very handy to help shoot down those pesky vaadwar probes. Two turrets just don't kill it fast enough and once they've grabbed you, you can barely turn. At least the tvaro can singularity jump, but the raptor is kinda screwed.

Also, they do make a difference with cannon scatter volley, again combined with the turrets it does significantly increase damage on extra targets to the sides of your primary.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I find that on my matha raptor and my mirror tvaro a wide arc cannon would be very handy to help shoot down those pesky vaadwar probes. Two turrets just don't kill it fast enough and once they've grabbed you, you can barely turn. At least the tvaro can singularity jump, but the raptor is kinda screwed.

Also, they do make a difference with cannon scatter volley, again combined with the turrets it does significantly increase damage on extra targets to the sides of your primary.

Nothing that Evasive Maneuvers or Attack Pattern Omega can't fix, and those ships are good turning ships, esp the T'Varo. They negate the issue of narrow arc weapons.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Nothing that Evasive Maneuvers or Attack Pattern Omega can't fix, and those ships are good turning ships, esp the T'Varo. They negate the issue of narrow arc weapons.

False. You get zero benifit from omega, polarized hull, or any other buff against the vaadwar anchors. The only way to get out once you are grabbed is to kill it. Some buffs will help turning, but when artillery is headed your way, you don't have a lot of time, half a second can make a difference.

And again, you are false about the narrow arc. I specifically said cannon scatter volley. You can't point at five enemies at once unless you have gravity well up 100% of the time. Wide arc can mean adding two or even three enemies to your volley of shots.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    False. You get zero benifit from omega, polarized hull, or any other buff against the vaadwar anchors. The only way to get out once you are grabbed is to kill it. Some buffs will help turning, but when artillery is headed your way, you don't have a lot of time, half a second can make a difference.

And again, you are false about the narrow arc. I specifically said cannon scatter volley. You can't point at five enemies at once unless you have gravity well up 100% of the time. Wide arc can mean adding two or even three enemies to your volley of shots.

Ehhhh... Not sold, esp with NPCs you encounter in one very small fraction of the game's content, esp when I've never run into issues with them before (but that's just me). I'm not sold esp with ONE DHC with wide arc. We start talking being able to slot multiple wide arc DHCs, then I'll jump on that wagon. But now? No.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Really? One one wide arc DHC?

That sucks. I was planning to have multiple wide arc DHCs installed on my BoPs with turrets in the rear.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    The tactical benefits of the ARC Cannons is limited.

There is a situational benefit especially with the Vaadwaur anchors, but if you're a player with DPS in excess of 20K, the anchors rarely matter as they rarely get deployed or last long once they are.

Have I made them? Yes.

Do I use them? No. I crafted [CrtD]x3+[Pen] instead. For much less per unit cost (although it took 85 tries).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Really? One one wide arc DHC?

That sucks. I was planning to have multiple wide arc DHCs installed on my BoPs with turrets in the rear.

Nope, just the one. It is helpful, but not a make or break bonus. Think of it this way, how much time do you spend turning to line up against an enemy? During part of that time, one dhc would double your damage from the turrets.

Then look at how often you only get one of two enemies with scatter volley. One dhc will again do some damage to a couple more.

If that's not worth it to you, then the wide angle isn't worth getting. If those cases are common enough, then it might be worth it based on the price and your resources.

I have one (on a character that mostly flies a mogh), I appreciate the improvement compared to the crith mod on the cannon it replaced. I have two other character that I will eventually get them for. I have about 11 where I don't see it as being helpful enough to justify the price.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I already have one which I bought from the Exchange (Mk XII [CrtD] [CrtH]x2) for about 1 million EC; pretty cheap considering the others were 3+ million EC. I figured it would do for now since I time to acquire the R&D Doff needed to craft my own.