test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Marks are dismal to obtain!

shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Reputation System
There isn't really any good missions ground nor, space that provides ample amounts of these marks.

The reward rate compared to the other reps, the Delta rep is pretty crappy trying to obtain enough marks for gear.
tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hrmm, with the Daily Boxes, the 5 now 10 per patrol, having had a Mark Bonus pool running in there at some point...having bought the 3pc weapon set, Trajector core, and a crapload of the Hourly boxes trying to get APCs early on for that stuff...I'm still looking at 4601 sitting there.

I've never collected so many marks in such a short period...er...

What are you running?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There isn't really any good missions ground nor, space that provides ample amounts of these marks.

The reward rate compared to the other reps, the Delta rep is pretty crappy trying to obtain enough marks for gear.

Bug hunt is fast, easy, and at least mildly entertaining for a while (anything gets dull if you do it too much).

Borg DC is one of the worst stfs ever, though. It gives low marks if your team-mates do not rescue enough borg, and that happens a LOT ... you get like 20 marks and daily bonus, and repeating it for marks for delta is gonna be fail given that issue.

On top of the low rewards, BDC is filled with annoying garbage.
    - plasma burns that prevent rescue of borg

- cutscenes that are totally not necessary, break immersion, and make me want to hurl if I was flying in combat when they hit

- torp mechanic which is kinda neat as a concept but stupid because you can't shoot down 10 guys while flying into a torp while saving a borg while shutting down a rift. So really once again the only thing that works is FAW with massive dps, killing the deathtorp launching ship before it can do anything. Surprised?

- annoying boss fight, its just a DPS test, but they added a perma-feedback pulse to the queen. Her reflected dps is the entirety of the damage done by the bosses, though, so its not too hard if you watch for killing yourself. Still, its a lot of hit points to chew through, favoring... aoe faw high dps... surprised?

- divided map, which causes about 90% of the player base to blow their cerebral cortex trying to decide which one to do. Then herd mentality takes over and 4/5 will go to the same one. It ends up being a derp no matter what for most groups.

It would be a good mission, the concepts are very solid, but the "lets see how much we can aggravate the player" implementation ruined it for me.
  • paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    noroblad wrote: »
    Bug hunt is fast, easy, and at least mildly entertaining for a while (anything gets dull if you do it too much).

Borg DC is one of the worst stfs ever, though. It gives low marks if your team-mates do not rescue enough borg, and that happens a LOT ... you get like 20 marks and daily bonus, and repeating it for marks for delta is gonna be fail given that issue.

On top of the low rewards, BDC is filled with annoying garbage.
    - plasma burns that prevent rescue of borg

- cutscenes that are totally not necessary, break immersion, and make me want to hurl if I was flying in combat when they hit

- torp mechanic which is kinda neat as a concept but stupid because you can't shoot down 10 guys while flying into a torp while saving a borg while shutting down a rift. So really once again the only thing that works is FAW with massive dps, killing the deathtorp launching ship before it can do anything. Surprised?

- annoying boss fight, its just a DPS test, but they added a perma-feedback pulse to the queen. Her reflected dps is the entirety of the damage done by the bosses, though, so its not too hard if you watch for killing yourself. Still, its a lot of hit points to chew through, favoring... aoe faw high dps... surprised?

- divided map, which causes about 90% of the player base to blow their cerebral cortex trying to decide which one to do. Then herd mentality takes over and 4/5 will go to the same one. It ends up being a derp no matter what for most groups.

It would be a good mission, the concepts are very solid, but the "lets see how much we can aggravate the player" implementation ruined it for me.

Dont do advance or elite if your after marks.

Dont do PuGs when doing advance or elite. If you are going to PuG BDA/BDE, make sure you can carry the whole load. There are specialized builds just to do even BDE that is if you know the build and your piloting skill is upto the task.

Well everything in the game is a DPS fight Until the Voth Dread reflects back that 100k Dps back to you. All the boss dreads hit hard with their torps. Considering that one of the same boss in Hive Space before DR which no one barely PuGs. So, Borg Disconnected is expected to be hard.

If you guys cannot do HSE, why do you all expect to do BDE?

90% of the player base? you have been spewing baseless statistics in multiple threads. Your friends and acquaintance number 90% of the playerbase? Whats next, everyone who complained in the forums number 90% of the playerbase?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Dont do advance or elite if your after marks.

Dont do PuGs when doing advance or elite. If you are going to PuG BDA/BDE, make sure you can carry the whole load. There are specialized builds just to do even BDE that is if you know the build and your piloting skill is upto the task.

Well everything in the game is a DPS fight Until the Voth Dread reflects back that 100k Dps back to you. All the boss dreads hit hard with their torps. Considering that one of the same boss in Hive Space before DR which no one barely PuGs. So, Borg Disconnected is expected to be hard.

If you guys cannot do HSE, why do you all expect to do BDE?

90% of the player base? you have been spewing baseless statistics in multiple threads. Your friends and acquaintance number 90% of the playerbase? Whats next, everyone who complained in the forums number 90% of the playerbase?

the numbers are from experience. I pug a lot. A LOT. And about 9 out of 10 runs, 4/5 players zerg off to one of the 3 locations. Its not scientific ... its a tiny sample size, but its all I have to go on. So if you want precision.... 90% of the random pugs on when I am also on play this way in the STFS that I choose to do. Cryptic does not allow me any data for a better analysis.

I don't care about the marks anymore, I got my stuff and anything I do is for fun.

I actually don't play much with my friends. They mostly play fed and we can't usually find 5 willing to do something cross faction. So I pug.

I did not say it was too hard. I said it was designed to be annoying. The difficulty level is fine. The boss fight is more tedious than challenging. If they fixed nothing but the plasma annoyance and cutscenes, I would probably try it more often.

Rebuilding your ship for one STF indicates a flaw in the game. Period.

And none of that changes what I said --- the mission's reward in marks are not acceptable on the average. Do it on normal for marks, apart from the daily bonus, you are lucky to get 25-30 for a run and the run is FORCE TIMED so you can't rickroll it to go faster.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Choice of mark missions.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They are absolutely right when they say that the Delta Marks are easy to get. It just needs some patient daily patrols in that Quadrant. If you are following the Delta Episode and are upgrading to Fleet Admiral or Dahar Master you would be receiving your daily dosage of Delta Marks. The Delta Patrols are the best way to gain these marks.

TRUE. The Ancient Power Cells are much more difficult to acquire. Doing the Borg Disconnected Advanced queue is from my experience much harder than the Bug Hunt to acquire the APCells. There is a proven system that works to succeed this STF and many queues I have joined have failed to follow the recommended way finish it. If you can get a regular group together to do the BD following the recommended method you should succeed 4/5 times, where the one miss would be from its time limit. I have written about my method of doing the BD Stf here a few times. If you are interested mail me in-game and I will tell you all I know.

It took me a while to do the Bug Hunt, but I got all (except the free one from the Episode) of my Ancient Power Cells from it. All the effort to get them from the BDA were futile. I had about 4k plus of Delta Marks even before I started receiving my second APCell. I couldn't get any Rep gear (except those that didn't require APC) even whilst having all the marks to get me all the of the Rep stuff.

So do the Bug Hunt. Fortunately, I am a KDF engineer and I had an easier time. But my Science toon is not having so much difficulty. If you haven't done it yet do the Normal first just to see what the thing is all about. Knowing what to expect you can go for Advanced. Make sure though that you put in the ground traits that protect you against toxic stuff...all of them, and traits that cover you from being flanked as well as those that give you Dodge. Weapons? Any type will do. Actually I use the Borg Prosthetic which takes more time but it's constant fire pressure with Plasma damage over time. The Boss must be taken on as soon as possible as more critters come into the fray as time passes. Once the Boss is killed LEAVE, hanging on will just cause you to get killed by the swarm of critters. Oh, and use slowdown effects on the Boss. I use the CRM for the Boss to give it cold damage to slow him down and occasionally freeze the BorSOB. Of course while this is happening all the rest are hitting it with weapon fire, grenades and if there's a Sci toon he go down faster. The trip towards finding the Boss to me is harder than facing it (him/her?). Good Luck.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me, I have no issue collecting Delta Marks. I usually do it from an Advanced or Elite Daily run on Bug Hunt.

Not to mention the guys spamming Gerren and Argala get 10 marks on each run's completion. Some guys spam the ling hell out of those areas.

What I will say that is annoying to collect for Delta Rep are APCs. Me, I get them from Bug Hunt. But we know where the average STO player lies in being prepared.

Dyson, 8472 Rep have a way for players to collect rep tokens with their Battlezones. But Delta Rep doesn't do the same with Kobali Prime Battlezone.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pick your mark missions, have always rewarded horrid amounts of marks and, the kobali home world sucks even worse.

What's left is basically 2 STF queues, 1 bug hunt and, the other BD, yet neither of them reward much greater than 35-40 marks.

The whole droll doing patrol argala, is about the only slightly quicker method but, it's extremely a pita to find groups running on the KDF side so, it too becomes a major pita.

All the other rep marks have much easier associated locations, that you can obtain mark increments in greater #'s, than the Delta rep imo.

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All the other rep marks have much easier associated locations, that you can obtain mark increments in greater #'s, than the Delta rep imo.

Hrmm, Omega Marks had that potential if you were up for running all the various Elites. Dyson and Counter-Command have their running around their various Battlezones which is pretty much just an extended patrol, yeah? Romulan and Nukara though? Hrmm, guess that would get into tagging and so forth...and yeah, no...but it's still there I guess. Nukara...though?

In the end, I'm just not sure where any of them are really that difficult or lack options...might lack things folks want to do, but that's going to be a subjective thing (I've never tagged, raised things, any of that stuff, heh).
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hrmm, Omega Marks had that potential if you were up for running all the various Elites. Dyson and Counter-Command have their running around their various Battlezones which is pretty much just an extended patrol, yeah? Romulan and Nukara though? Hrmm, guess that would get into tagging and so forth...and yeah, no...but it's still there I guess. Nukara...though?

In the end, I'm just not sure where any of them are really that difficult or lack options...might lack things folks want to do, but that's going to be a subjective thing (I've never tagged, raised things, any of that stuff, heh).

Nukara at least has Crystalline Entity, which is essentially spam spacebar, duck away, spacebar, duck, spacebar. Easy grinding.
    edited January 2015
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Nukara at least has Crystalline Entity, which is essentially spam spacebar, duck away, spacebar, duck, spacebar. Easy grinding.

Exactly, with a few choice mark missions and, a home world + 2 ground missions ranging from normal - elite.

Romulan marks, has extremely quick turn around patrols, a home world full of stuff to do and, choice mark reward missions as well.

Delta offers very little and, what is offered rewards TRIBBLE in #'s.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Meh, why bother ducking, the shockwave barely even tickles after the last nerf. Just sit there and spam till you win.

And that's on Advanced. I haven't even tried it on Normal since they nerfed the difficulty, but I'd imagine you could just turn on auto-fire and take a break. Seriously, that mission's so easy its not even funny.

Here's hoping they put up an Elite that can actually kill you.
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I fine regrinding Romulan marks to be more of a pain than Delta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    I fine regrinding Romulan marks to be more of a pain than Delta.

Heck romulan marks are simple, one single daily on new Romulus nets you some 90 alone, not to mention the now rinse repeat for the patrol being made so much easier than before, tons of activities on new Romulus, epohhs, STF queues.

Delta has still pretty much TRIBBLE and, what it does have offers TRIBBLE # of marks for the highest difficulty achievable atm on top of that.

Only the daily mark gain for the day helps any!

After that, it's weaksauce.

EDIT: Food for thought on DM's, a single normal BDC can net more marks, than an elite ground Bug hunt minus the optional, how does that factor into any sense?

edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Haha, should have done those pvp races on winter wonderland.

Normal eppoh= 100 marks of your choice.
    Special eppoh= 200 marks of your choice.

I collected enough so I don't ever have to go back into bug hunt/disconnected/boring kobali/DQ patrols.

I still don't know what argala looks like.

That's just it though, I did do those and, it's what allowed me to burn thru the entire reputation tract and, get most (not all) of the reputation pieces.

The rest of what I needed, usually cost some 500-750 marks each and, at a dismal 35-45 marks at best every hour for 1 mission, is quite crappy IMO.

• battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's really no worse than Epohh tagging. :-)
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Haha, should have done those pvp races on winter wonderland.

Normal eppoh= 100 marks of your choice.
    Special eppoh= 200 marks of your choice.

I collected enough so I don't ever have to go back into bug hunt/disconnected/boring kobali/DQ patrols.

I still don't know what argala looks like.

Argala is actually fun in moderation. Like all things, if you do it 50 times a day, it gets very old.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    One patrol when you send down away team on a SAT platform. I got when defeating them is use for my sign image below this. That's the max I seen. In Delta Marks they were Very Rare Purple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I've found if you play the long, boring story arc and run the long, boring patrols, with 5 waves of DPS sponges each, you amass Delta marks and a fair amount of loot.

It's about as much fun as watching paint dry, but I've never had problems leveling up in the reps system.
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have to agree with most of the posters. I don't run STF's and just stick with the adventure zone and patrols for marks and have been fine. Granted...i'm not trying to obtain every single piece of gear. In fact i haven't invested in any gear yet from reputation although I'm definitely looking at the bio gel packs. If I were to play STF's i would imagine having more than I would eventually use.

now if you want to talk about undine marks or tholian content marks those are marks that have (outside of STF's) very little in the way of means to obtain them.
    edited January 2015
    I don't know if it's just me or the console is working as intended, it removes roughly about 2 seconds of your cool down.

Of course, I cursed cryptic for that one.

Yes, 7% is roughly 2secs. worth of cd reduction at best.

• saborethsaboreth Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I try to be positive about the game as much as I can and I have been enjoying DR for my part, but I'll echo the sentiment that the patrols are a bit tedious and drawn out. When every space battle feels like a loooooong grind against wave after wave, it wears down the fun factor a bit. And I dare say, not enough ground. I do enjoy ground in B shooter mode, call meh crazy. But a greater balance between the two wouldn't have hurt DR.. Kobali is okay, but I wanted moar ground too.

That said I haven't had a problem getting marks at all, and I haven't even touched the new STFs yet. But the patrols could be tweaked a pinch.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth."

Also, once the changes to STFs are finalized it'll be fairly straightforward to get the APCs.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thedancingfoxthedancingfox Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the Delta rep is pretty crappy trying to obtain enough marks for gear.

Out of curiosity, what Delta gear are you aiming for and why?

Thanks.
    edited May 2015
    Out of curiosity, what Delta gear are you aiming for and why?

Thanks.

I want it all!!!

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I've gotten some good marks from Bug Hunt Elite on my main.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's just it though, I did do those and, it's what allowed me to burn thru the entire reputation tract and, get most (not all) of the reputation pieces.

The rest of what I needed, usually cost some 500-750 marks each and, at a dismal 35-45 marks at best every hour for 1 mission, is quite crappy IMO.

I ran BHE, BD, and a third Delta mission, I believe, to grind Delta Marks. When they ran the Mirror Event I included that in my mark run and dropped BD.

I'd suggest taking advantage of the Kobali Iconian/Power cell dailies while they last if you are not already.
    Joined STO in September 2010.