What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Secondary Deflectors Feedback Thread

2»

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    psiameese wrote: »
    Take your Science ships out and cross a few instances. It took me three or four map changes - per ship - to get the UI to sync up and offer the Secondary Deflector slot.

Same here after transfering my Fed Sci char over today (woot! character transfer works now) I had to do multiple zonings for each Vesta variant.
    Nifty, hadn't thought about the various Marks and what it would mean for the mods. All of mine were VR Mk II's when crafted - which could have limited me to those four mods. Will have to take a look at some of the other Marks then. Thanks.

With the ability to transfer more chars over now, I managed to craft more Secondary Deflectors mark X, and I'm guessing that the full range of normal bracket mods for primary deflectors is are available at Mk X.

This round I got [ShdS] - Shield Systems (more Shield HP), [Ins] - Power Insulators, [SIF] - Structural Integrity (more Hull HP), and [InC] - Inertial Dampeners (resist slow/hold) in addition to the previous [Gra], [CMS], and [SubD] at Mk X. No new of the special secondary-only powers so far.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Issue: Radiation damage is not scaling to either Aux Power or PartGens, unknown if this is WAI

Issue: Radiation Damage only appears on ships on original activation of skill, such as the very first pulse of Tractor Beam Repulsors, or only the Primary Target of Gravity Well and Tyken's Rift, but not on following pulses. Unknown if this is WAI
    edited January 2015
    Issue: Radiation damage is not scaling to either Aux Power or PartGens, unknown if this is WAI

Issue: Radiation Damage only appears on ships on original activation of skill, such as the very first pulse of Tractor Beam Repulsors, or only the Primary Target of Gravity Well and Tyken's Rift, but not on following pulses. Unknown if this is WAI

Radiation Damage was scaling with both Particle Generators skill and Aux power for all secondary deflectors last build, so likely a bug.

The second I think is intended for the Inhibiting type of deflector, based on it's description in the tooltip.
  • yomfanyomfan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has there been word of any changes to the Solanae secondary deflector (shield siphoning)?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got a VR Mark II Deflector to Epic Mk XI, and apparently the special mod is [PG/SE].

The Deflector itself is a Inhibiting Secondary Deflector Mark XI [FlwC] [PG/SE] [PrtG] [SA +DMG] [Stl]

and grants:
    12.2 Starship Particle Generator
    12.2 Starship Flow Capacitor
    12.2 Starship Shield System
    +8.1 Starship Shield Emitters
    +8.1 Starship Particle Generator

Possible Bug: Bonus to Skills are not added together in Item Tooltip
    Apparently, the bonus for the two Particle Generator bonus have not been directly added together in the item's description. Not sure if that is normal or intended.

Without the Secondary Deflector, my Starship Particle Generator Skill was listed (under "Stats") as 144.
    With the Secondary Deflector, it was 164.

So it seems the values are added together for the purposes of the character's skill rating. Just the tool tip isn't adding up.

"cap" modifier?

When you get the item to Epic, the final modifier is something special, like the Acc/Dmg buff on weapons.

It seems it's [PG/SE] for Secondary Deflectors. At least for Inhibiting Deflectors (but I think the speical mod is always the same for a general item type.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think the skill bonuses from the secondary deflectors are far too small. Hear are some examples of how little effect these bonuses will currently have.

15 points in Particle Generators is a:

7.5 point bonus to the damage tick of Aceton Beam
    13.5 point bonus to the damage tick of Warp Plasma
    62.2 point bonus to the damage tick of Tractor Repulsors

15 points in subspace decompiler is a:

0.2 second bonus to a photonic shockwave disable
    0.6 second bonus to a target subsystem disable
    0.1 second bonus to a Tricobalt device's disable
    0.7 second bonus to Viral Matrix duration

15 points in countermeasure systems is a:

671 point bonus to the damage threshold of Jam sensors
    0.7 second bonus to the duration of scramble sensors

15 points in sensors is a:

0.4% bonus to the stealth sight granted by sensor scan

Is there really any reason that secondary deflectors shouldn't follow the 30pt at mk XII example set by other stat boosting equipment?
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    2nd Deflectors are not available in the KDF store. They are available in the Fed store.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
    edited January 2015
    I think the skill bonuses from the secondary deflectors are far too small. Hear are some examples of how little effect these bonuses will currently have.

[...]

Is there really any reason that secondary deflectors shouldn't follow the 30pt at mk XII example set by other stat boosting equipment?

That's a good point. Exotic Particle Field Exciters Ultra Rare can boost three things to 31 points (shields, particle gens and bracket modifier/fancy named thing) and give a proc on the side, no reason anything else limited to one per ship shouldn't be capable of doing that as well.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Interesting that these are a part of the crafting system; are we going to see anything else added to fleets at some point?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Sci-focused Carriers could use some love too.
    inthefluxx wrote: »
    I wish they would extend the secondary delfector to ships that are science themed, such as the recently released Sar Theln.

That. The only thing that really distinguishes Science Carriers from Dreadnought Carriers (for now) is that the Science ones have less weapon slots and seating in abilities they aren't properly built to wield (first lacking the Sensor Analysis to boost their Science abilities and now lacking the Secondary Deflectors as well).

Still, thanks for finally getting the Secondary Deflectors sorted out for the rest of the Science lineup.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited January 2015
    Anyone gotten any interesting mods, like those that were typically reserved for Fleet or UR deflectors?

Any doubles besides [Sen]x2? I managed to make one with [ShdS] [STL] which is effectively doubled up (both boost Shield HP).
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tal shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser should get a 2ndary deflector.

It is a science cruiser jybrid and has sensor analysis and subsystem targeting.

This would be a nice thing to keep it competitive and would not 'break' anything.

You already answered your question. It is a hybrid, and an OP one at that!

You have SA, subsystem targeting, cruiser commands, 4x4 weapon slots and a cruiser hull.... and you now want a secondary deflector!?!?!?

You have the cake and are gobbling it up, don't be greedy in asking for another slice.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited January 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    You already answered your question. It is a hybrid, and an OP one at that!

You have SA, subsystem targeting, cruiser commands, 4x4 weapon slots and a cruiser hull.... and you now want a secondary deflector!?!?!?

You have the cake and are gobbling it up, don't be greedy in asking for another slice.. ;)

It doesn't have subsystem targeting, if it did, it would automatically be a Sci ship and get a Secondary Deflector slot(since it does have SA).

As for being OP... not so much anymore.

For a Tac-bent Battle Cruiser, just about any Battle Cruiser will out gun it with its limited 3 Tac consoles.

For a Sci boat, without the three-set bonus, a Sci ship will out perform it Science damage. Someone posted a 30k+ Scryer build, and a good chunk of the damage was from Radiation damage given by the Mk X common Deteriorating Secondary Deflector. To get the three-set bonus on the Khnial you have to load yourself down with two-click consoles and a sub-par Warp Core (has power direction backwards to be very effective, does not scale well when upgraded, and doesn't get [AMP] when bumped to UR). The three set scales to Particle Gens and Aux power the same amount as a Deteriorating Sec Def, but the Khnial is now a slot short compared to a 4 Sci console ship and even worse compared to a 5 Sci console ship.

I suppose it still makes a decent tank cruiser, but it's not really top-end even in that category.
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So I got this on Holodeck:

UR MK XIV Solanae Secondary Deflector

w06RiCx.png

On the plus side: it works nicely with my tac Vesta...

On the negative side: I need more Dil to make it epic
    edited January 2015
    coffeemike wrote: »
    So I got this on Holodeck:

UR MK XIV Solanae Secondary Deflector

w06RiCx.png

On the plus side: it works nicely with my tac Vesta...

On the negative side: I need more Dil to make it epic

Not gotten a [Aux] on any of the Crafted I've made/upgraded, that mod may be unique to the Solanae Secondary Deflector.

With all the benefits that the new crafted (and probably item drop) Secondary Deflectors, I can only see using the Solanae on certain specialty builds. With the Deteriorating SD, half of it's proc damage is applied to the facing you're shooting, which usually ends up depleting that facing faster than the drain proc of the Solanae, and that was with the old Mk X common, with the new one's [SA +Dmg] it could do even better on your tagged target.
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As great as having more damage is, I feel as though it is somewhat lacking in variety that two of the three types of Secondary Deflectors have a damage effect.

What would be really cool is if one of them did something like reduce an enemy's resistance to damage even if it is either just from that SV or just from exotic damage sources. Other stuff that would be interesting is reducing a targets resistance to effects (ie. apply a debuff that reduces target sensors, interial dampeners and/or power insulators).

Also, I feel as though stuff like Tachyon beam, CPD Tykens' etc, should be the ones with the burst damage (in other words, swap the abilities affected by deteriorating and inhibiting SecDefs). Just personal preference, since it seems to me like it'd make more sense for the holds and disables to be adding a continuous effect.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How are existing science ships supposed to get the deflectors? I copied a science officer over to Tribble and some of her science ships got secondary deflectors and some did not.

Ships with secondary deflector
    • Long range science vessel (Pathfinder)

Ships without secondary deflector
    • Mirror reconnaissance science vessel
    • Multi-mission surveillance Explorer
    • Long range science vessel retrofit
    • Advanced research vessel retrofit
    • Mirror science vessel retrofit

So when do the science vessels that do not have secondary deflectors get them?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Anyone gotten any interesting mods, like those that were typically reserved for Fleet or UR deflectors?

Any doubles besides [Sen]x2? I managed to make one with [ShdS] [STL] which is effectively doubled up (both boost Shield HP).

1) I wish there were [FlwC]x2

2) The [ShdS][Stl] thing is a bug they've epic failed to patch on deflectors since 2011. [Stl] should boost Starship Stealth.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1220131
  • dewey19777dewey19777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why is the odyssey science vessel not on the list to receive the secondary deflector??
    edited January 2015
    awlaforge wrote: »
    How are existing science ships supposed to get the deflectors? I copied a science officer over to Tribble and some of her science ships got secondary deflectors and some did not.

Ships with secondary deflector
    • Long range science vessel (Pathfinder)

Ships without secondary deflector
    • Mirror reconnaissance science vessel
    • Multi-mission surveillance Explorer
    • Long range science vessel retrofit
    • Advanced research vessel retrofit
    • Mirror science vessel retrofit

So when do the science vessels that do not have secondary deflectors get them?

You have to Zone multiple times to get it to show up on most ships. Usually warping in and out of sector to ESD space a couple of times while in that given ship will give you the slot.
    dewey19777 wrote: »
    Why is the odyssey science vessel not on the list to receive the secondary deflector??

Because it's not a Science Vessel in their book, as it has no sub-system targetting. It's a cruiser, and gets cruiser commands instead.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    1) I wish there were [FlwC]x2

2) The [ShdS][Stl] thing is a bug they've epic failed to patch on deflectors since 2011. [Stl] should boost Starship Stealth.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1220131

One of the new Delta missions is giving out (or did, my last run through was [acc]x3 phaser days) a Positron with [stl]x2, so I'm guessing it's Working As Intended.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    One of the new Delta missions is giving out (or did, my last run through was [acc]x3 phaser days) a Positron with [stl]x2, so I'm guessing it's Working As Intended.

The [Stl] mod hasn't been working as intended for 3 years. That being said....

Another curiosity. I've crafted tons of 2nd deflectors in Tribble. Is there any reason [Sen] seems to be the only mod that stacks x2? Can't we get the rest of mods to behave the same in both deflectors and secondary deflectors?
  • frtizoidfrtizoid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can someone please answer this, as I have seen conflicting answers (even on the blogs): I have a current MSVR. Will I get a secondary deflector slot automatically or only the new ones that are won or purchased? Thanks for the help.
    edited January 2015
    frtizoid wrote: »
    Can someone please answer this, as I have seen conflicting answers (even on the blogs): I have a current MSVR. Will I get a secondary deflector slot automatically or only the new ones that are won or purchased? Thanks for the help.

Pending you mean Mirror Science Vessel Retrofit, yes, it gets one semi-automatically-- though you may need to zone a few times for it register properly, once the update with Secondary Deflector goes live.
    edited January 2015
    Interesting. I was playing with an Inhibiting SD on my Vesta in Gamma Orinus Enemy Actions, and I was able to tag multiple Borg with the DoT proc on each TBR and Photonic shockwave I did. With TBR, it didn't matter if they were in range when activated it, or flew towards them, each one got a single tag of it (I.E. one max per target per power activation). It doesn't seem to tag for the entire length of TBR, though, as things hit toward the end of it's cycle did not get a DoT proc. I think it was working with GW too, but I had trouble checking each of the targets in time (clicking was not changing targets well when grouped together).
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can we get a T-6 KDF science vessel please? Like a T6 Gorn ship or something.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You have to Zone multiple times to get it to show up on most ships. Usually warping in and out of sector to ESD space a couple of times while in that given ship will give you the slot.

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully they fix this inconveince before the release on Thursday.