test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please keep in mind that not all of us Feds... its just a bummer when 3/5 of the giveaways are useless to you.

Might I suggest in these instances that there is always a Fed/KDF option so either side isn't left out on any given day.

*looks sadly at his Fed Rom*
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So... where do we go to claim these free items? Will it be a redeem code slipped into a conversation on the livestream? Do I go into the Z-store? How does this work? I realize the question's been asked before, but it doesn't address my questions.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me this is going to be the first time I'm going to see an anniversary event. Since I was not around when last anniversary events happened. Looking forward to the free give aways. Hoping for some uniform sets to be amoung the free items.
    sylkrode wrote: »
    So... where do we go to claim these free items? Will it be a redeem code slipped into a conversation on the livestream? Do I go into the Z-store? How does this work? I realize the question's been asked before, but it doesn't address my questions.

I think they will just set the price on the item in the C-Store to 0 and then you can claim it from there. I'm not sure if it's going to be this way though.
  • elbourtelbourt Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...Cryptic refund some Zen to people that paid good money for the ships they decide to give away. If you are eventually going to give away the ships what is the incentive to buy them with Zen ? If I just wait I will get them eventually anyway. It is great for those players that have not bought anything thru the store but I know personally I have spent more on this game than any game I have ever played before, and that was before I knew about the Zen/Dil store not that I use it either. Waiting like all the rest to see what they have in store for us this year.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • dogofegyptdogofegypt Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2015
    I have a feeling that this time it would be a T4+/T5 cruiser. We'll see.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been around long enough that I've bought just about everything in the store by now. :o

But I'm not unappreciative and thank you for the gesture none the less.

Thank you ! :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sylkrode wrote: »

They will be released on Monday around 10 pacific time. And will stay until the following day at 10. Then swap to the next item to be claimed. You have to look for the blog that will tell. Which will be put up before it happens. The blog will tell what items will come up during the week. Like monday could be a costume, tues a shuttle, etc.

Just go to the zen store and locate the item. It will say "available" and all you do is hit the button to claim it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wonder if it will be stuff that everyone already has like usual...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks You guys get a lot of TRIBBLE and do a lot of work people forget about I''m looking forward to the anniversary and gifts even if I have them :cool:
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be something my F2P alt account can use. :D

Really wish they would institute a 300 sec forum post cd and 1000 dilith per post charge , maybe that would help with all the constant whine. ;)

How about a 10,000 Zen per post charge?
  • ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Free stuff is always welcome. Thanks, it's apreciated.

And happy 5th birthday!
    pmuvj73Aj
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Add accolades for delta quadrant storyline. Add 1-2 cluster areas with new chains where people can get an otherwise very-expensive doff. Add accolades for delta-quadrant PVE missions. Add accolades for Kobali. Increase dilithium rewards for Kobali so that you can make AT LEAST 12,000 dilithium per hour. XP ZONE boost for all delta PVE. And if that's still not enough, give away 1 lobi per player each time you finish a delta PVE.

AND FIX THE BUGS. I can provide another list if you need it--there's a LOT of broken accolades...which is one of my biggest pet peeves. Accolade hunters are the people who are WILLING to grind to get stuff (i.e. your target audience) and you're effectively giving them the middle finger by ignoring accolade bugs.

Oh, and while we're at it--LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTIONS...should include 100 extra doff cap on each toon. I'd already have one if that was the case.

That's all a fairly simple fix. *shrug*

anyways, I'm glad i'll be around for this anniversary--mostly. And yes, I too would be happy if nothing else were offered--other than a chance to re-acquire all of the past anniversary stuffs...including accolades.

p.s.
    And yes, we do need more scantily clad women in STO. :p
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh yeah, it wouldn't hurt to fix the transwarp so you can go directly to delta HQ from anywhere (rather than to sphere, then delta, then HQ). And there's simply not enough good commendation missions in delta. Diplomacy, recruiting and colonial are probably the hardest to get overall. That's an easy fix if you just add doff missions that give better bonuses for those. (seriously, 50 diplomacy exp for 2 hours is a joke, and 199 for 20 hours is even worse).

I know this isn't a "how to fix DR" thread, but this has been going on for so long that it's fairly clear that no one on THAT side of programming has any ideas about how to increase the people visiting delta--short of nerfing the bejeezus out of all other game areas. It doesn't have to be that way. Every PVE ground area should have a unique bonus (or set of them) that makes it much easier to get certain types of stuff. Defera should give out BNP's, for example. And then you simply add a bonus-exp event for a certain ground area...and rotate it between them.

I take back what I said above, I'd settle for just these changes to DR and to stop the nerf. That's enough of a present for me.
  • vevec1vevec1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For PWE devs, thanks you :D can't wait to see what we get this time.

For all the unappreciative ungrateful peeps, you're getting free stuff and you're complaining....talk about being ****s...have some decency and don't do it here at least.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cool. Looking forward to seeing what freebies have in store for us. Much appreciated :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jaturnley wrote: »
    STO runs on even pretty crappy laptops (I have a 4 year old Core 2 Duo with integrated graphics, and it starts up just fine). It may not be playable, but it does run well enough to log in and claim items or do DOFF missions.

It only just barely runs on your Core 2 Duo? :confused:

Dude, I'm in hard times right now and the only working computer I have is an almost 6-year-old Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with a core2duo and an intigrated graphics card. I can play fine, as long as I keep the graphics on their absolute lowest settings. Of course its been upgraded to Win 7 (orig a Vista, yuck), but anywhere I have an internet signal, I can play STO fine. Granted, I wish my newer computer was running right now, so I could play with higher graphics, but none the less, I'm happy I at least have what I've got.;)

Oh and STO, THANK YOU FOR THE FREE STUFF!:eek:

I may have most (or all) the stuff on my main account, but recently started a second account for more Foundry slots and have nothing from the C-store on it. So I can still get all the free stuff! Yay! :D
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Free stuff without a grind?

Are you guys feeling ok?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder how many of those complaining will not claim the free-bees?

I was out of the game for a while, so I might have missed a giveaway or two. However the one that was on last time I was on, before my break, I claimed everyting. It's free so why not? I haven't used most of them but I have them for a back up and if I feel like experimenting. I doubt I am never going to use the uniform, but now I have it as an option on the off chance I have a crazy moment and try it.

Therefore even if it contains anything I am unlikely to use, thank you for the free-bees. However it better not contain the Vesta line or I am going to go all Elma Fudd on you :D
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks, can't wait. Feels like Xmas came early this year. :P
  • kuhrgkuhrg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That is awesome hope we get stuff on KDF side and not all Starfleet :)!

Captain Kuhrg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope they will be giving away services as well. Free boff/doff/char/bank slots or some additional ship slots would be amazing!
  • raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't mind a 3-pack of account bound captain rename tokens.
    Perhaps a 3-pack of account bound respec tokens.

I would love to see my KDF Rom security details wear KDF Rom uniforms. Or even let us use a uniform slot to create a crew uniform. Hell, I'd like to see a second uniform slot for our Boffs (uniform & armoured).

Doesn't have to be a ship.

Personally, I think Cryptic should create new stuff to give away as freebies, but when the freebie event ends put them up on the C-Store. Say what you want about the execution of it, but the kit mods and Breen Cores were a stroke of brilliance. Instant advertising, good will, and a saleable item too.

I agree that there should be some equality between factions, including Romulans.

There, I was positive. It wasn't easy, but I tried. And I didn't even take a justified pot shot at that worthless lying moderator. See? If I were permitted to play nice, I would.
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to get my hands on the RED MATTER Ship device. What are the chances of getting these?
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dalmacius wrote: »
    I'd like to get my hands on the RED MATTER Ship device. What are the chances of getting these?

Somewhere between very very very slim and none, I think.

Much as I'd like to be wrong, seeing as I'd love one myself, I really can't see it happening.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Free stuff without a grind?

Are you guys feeling ok?
    Considering that this happens about twice a year, I don't see anything unusual about them offering it. :confused:
  • frtizoidfrtizoid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, this is my first post and the first of this type of game to play. I am, by every standard an older guy and, therefore bring a different perspective to this conversation. I am a life long Star Trek fan and that is what attracted me to this game. I find the game challenging but then again, read the sentence above. I find the graphics to be great and the story line to be fine. I commented to my adult sons that this game is a great example of a free market society, regarding the buying and selling of goods, etc. Look, while game pros may find faults with the game and that is not a criticisim, I quite understand the complexity of the many facets that do make the game work. Therefore, I say great job! Regarding this topic I would say the following: as in life when too much is given away then nothing is special. If all is attained in a short time then nothing is worth the effort. Finally, I would also like to commend your help team regarding questions in the game. Quick, polite and helpful.
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Somewhere between very very very slim and none, I think.

Much as I'd like to be wrong, seeing as I'd love one myself, I really can't see it happening.

Well, you never know. They may place the "red matter capacitor" as a one time reward per character, and repeats would only give you the other rewards.

Anyone out there at Cryptic reading this? It doesn't really cost you any, but profits you gratitude from your loyal customers.

Keep your fingers crossed and we may both benefit from this slim chance.
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Or a TR-116.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015

What they need to do is make a red matter torpedo. :eek:
  • rrawttrrawtt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have heard that some nut case has suggested canelling N.W.S. in star trek??? Whomever it was please take him and shove him out the nearest air lock, before he has a chance to reproduce...

You cancel N.W.S. I am heading to old Roberts space industries. Me and my money...

Cheers.:D
    James Rrawtt
    Viper Group Omega.