Why you guys not coming to ... PvP

drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For some odd reason, I was hoping for a World of Warships video...
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You planning on playing that?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    scurry5 wrote: »
    You planning on playing that?

Neither Tanks nor Warplanes interested me...but I've thought about that one from time to time, checking in on its progress.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I'm curious to know how they're going to handle aircraft carriers and the very serious advantages they have... i.e. bombing the living **** out of something hundreds of miles away while the best any battleship gun could do was over 20 miles.

Not to mention several MMOs that I've played tend to nerf the **** out of ranged DPS types, i.e. Archers, which aircraft carriers definitely are for such a game.

The 2 mightiest battleships that have ever been built, Yamato and Musashi, were destroyed by unrelenting, massed airpower and their guns couldn't even be trained on any enemy warships.

Curious to see how that will be handled or will they nerf and limit carrier gameplay "to be fair" :D

I will say this though... I've seen some of World of Warship's ship models, and they look great and detailed.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2015
    It is for either rich people, or for people who put in too much time into STO (not to mention the exploits).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Neither Tanks nor Warplanes interested me...but I've thought about that one from time to time, checking in on its progress.

Same here....but I'll be on another server, most likely.
  • Options
    hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tanks look good. Pretty accurate and some nice details.
    Strange to see that guy turning a wrench on something that is obviously not a nut...haha. World of warships looks great following along and hope to get in on beta. War gaming is great at balancing classes and keeping it fun. They are very responsive to community feedback and we'll liked by their player base too. *looks at cryptic disapprovingly*
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its actually loads of fun.
    The game is based on FPS US vs Germany, with them soon adding the USSR.

PvP drives the RTS and there are various classes, and Generals have Attack Teams on the campaign map that they use

You have combat ribbons and badges which you unlock which then give bonuses to your weapons and vehicles .
    Supply on the campaign map plays an important part so you really need to plan attacks with your faction.

Wish STO had something like this.
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Imon wot currently eu server gregkane add away :)
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Player it (Closed beta tester), but didn't like it...
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i'm on bf4. can't install another game as sto occupies the last gb's yet :D
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    How about those who are only here because of star trek? Where do we go?

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

^yeh that just happened. LOL.

That nailed it. What keeps me around is the Star Trek component: if it wasn't Star Trek but a random space game, STO would be down already. What makes me angry about devs is that most of them ignore the potential they have in their hands.

Simple ship transition, I was seriously too close to write something offensive enough to deserve a perma ban. That's... that's... why the hell did they wasted time in something so stupid!?

If we were in 1984 novel, Cryptic would be as good as Big Brother in feeding us with reverse-history telling. We're buffing!<- just did three times bigger nerf.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    How about those who are only here because of star trek? Where do we go?

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

^yeh that just happened. LOL.

exactly the only reason why i still lurk on the forums :D... there's nowhere to go! and cryptic obviously don't want us to be here, it's a bordered playground for the yay-kill-noobish-npc's-masses :mad:...
  • Options
    discloneddiscloned Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    discloned wrote: »

I just clicked the links long enough to see what they were about, I've been awake for 7 minutes now (need to jot down my BSL on the computer, and am trying to wake up)...is MWO more like MW4+ than it is MW2-3?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I just clicked the links long enough to see what they were about, I've been awake for 7 minutes now (need to jot down my BSL on the computer, and am trying to wake up)...is MWO more like MW4+ than it is MW2-3?

Depends on what aspect. Personally, it's its own thing. I have a fair bit of fun in MWO, still fairly active.
  • Options
    discloneddiscloned Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Actually... i lost interest in MWO a while ago. Came from Mektek modded MW4:M which i playerd for nearly a decade, but players got fewer and fewer (imagine how you make a game that is played for ten years competitively before you scoff at it, that is a long time). To be honest i was entirely unimpressed. Players were there, yes, but the game play was nowhere i'd expected it. I have no idea how it progressed meanwhile.

MW4:M had a counterstrike like team-match (where you stay dead for the rimender of the match when you are killed) with mission objectives. Nothing before or since ever came close to that. Ever.

When i start dabbling in old war stories from MW4:M... slipped into legend. Simply unbelievable by today's standards. But its enough to keep MWO running and will keep it running for a long time.
    ...is MWO more like MW4+ than it is MW2-3?

But i am babbling here and not answering the question :)

Its more like MW4 than it is like 2-3. That being said, MW4 was pretty fast paced and MWO... not so much. MW, in any iteration is a fairly tactical game. If you just pick the biggest mech, load it up with weapons and storm the enemy that will get you killed, fast. Customization is of incredible importance, you could say the game has two components: building and actual fighting. Of course... it basically has the same system like STO, pay or grind that is with the exception that the MWO grind is during matches with other players. That can be pretty discouraging despite the matchmaking system. Its problematic for a game that relies heavily on customization when it opens up the parts for building your customization slowly (as opposed to mw4, of course where you always have the full armory to select from). And when i played it you had basically 3 maps over and over again... i found myself soon piloting light SRM boats exclusively, even as i gained access to heavier equipment. At that point... i decide its not really my thing. The maps were the biggest problem.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is a sad day when PVPers. The one group hard headed enough to keep plowing ahead get shills.