test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ITS BACK!!!!!! - Load Out and Statiosn CLEARING

Comments

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been trying to reproduce this, but I'm just not seeing it. Nor did I see it while playing over the weekend on my personal account. So I've got some questions to try and track this down.

Do you see this on every map transfer? If not, how often and on what type of transfer? e.g. beaming up from ground to space, loading into space queues, etc.

Are there any particular maps that seem to cause this to happen more than others?

Do you change ships and/or Boffs often? If so, how often after a change of Boffs do you see this happen?

Does this occur from the moment you log in, or do you have to be playing a while first? If the latter, approximately ow long before you see it happen?

Do you experience the same issue on Tribble? If so, is it more frequent or less?

I've just started having a problem of Boffs unslotting from ships a couple days ago (on Holodeck).

5/6 characters had their ship Boff slots cleared after beaming down to Kobali Prime (ground) or back into its orbit. All equipment, doffs and trays (except for empty slots where the Boff abilities would be) remains as was before.

Selecting the previous loadout has either no effect at all or only 2 Boffs reslot. I'll note that their abilities get into correct (same as previously) slots in the tray.

I have had no such problems beaming down/up to DS9, Earth spacedock or Qo'nos. If time permits, I'll try this on Tribble soon.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been trying to reproduce this, but I'm just not seeing it. Nor did I see it while playing over the weekend on my personal account. So I've got some questions to try and track this down.

Do you see this on every map transfer? If not, how often and on what type of transfer? e.g. beaming up from ground to space, loading into space queues, etc.

Are there any particular maps that seem to cause this to happen more than others?

Do you change ships and/or Boffs often? If so, how often after a change of Boffs do you see this happen?

Does this occur from the moment you log in, or do you have to be playing a while first? If the latter, approximately ow long before you see it happen?

Do you experience the same issue on Tribble? If so, is it more frequent or less?

My personal experiences have been when I log off on a ground/station map and close the game client completely. When I start up the game, fresh, and load that character, their station assignments will be cleared(even before going to a space map). I assume it has something to do with the way the game client loads things from the database for the first time.

If I log a character offline in a space map, the station assignments are remembered.

One anomaly I noticed recently with a new character is that station assignments on a primary ship will get wiped if you use a temporary/mission ship without creating/saving a loadout.

I presume this recent batch of issues is from some of the Tribble code branch(governing the new station assignment system) that got pushed to Holodeck a week or two back.
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Since the recent patch, I've had it happen multiple times to all 11 characters I use frequently. 97% of what I've been doing in that time is doffing. I've run a total of 3 CCAs, and that's it. So it isn't queue map transfers in particular. It's not on every map transfer, and there isn't one type of transfer that does it consistently. At various times, it's beaming up to space, it's transwarping, it's transitioning to a new sector block, it's logging in to a character already in space.

Not that I've noticed.

On most characters, no. My last ship change was about a month ago. I have one or two characters that occasionally switch boff setups via loadouts, but I haven't switched them up in a few weeks at least.

It can happen on login.

Haven't been on Tribble in a while.

--

NOTE: As someone else mentioned in this thread, there's an issue with boffs that might be related to them being cleared from their stations and not loading when activing a loadout. It also frequently prevents a boff from loadout A switching properly to a boff from loadout B--in those instances, the changed boff just won't load, possibly because...

... when trying to manually select a boff from the dropdown list on a particular station, sometimes the list doesn't contain all the boffs available to be slotted at that seat. Sometimes I have to click the dropdown list again to get it to fully populate. Sometimes it simply lags before listing all boffs--like it immediately lists half of them, and then lists the other half a few seconds later. I've also noticed that this lag corresponds to the same lag I sometimes see after selecting a loadout, when it populates the tray with abilities.

If a loadout fails to load boffs to their stations at first, I can sometimes force the dropdown list to fully populate by clicking it a couple times and after doing so the loadout loads properly when selected. It doesn't always work, however. But I think this could have something to do with boffs/abilities being cleared.

I'm not exactly sure how the loadout system functions, but in recent weeks, prior to the most recent patch at least, it has been aggressively reloading correct gear on map changes. I've had almost no item clearing problems in quite some time. Anyway, if the system is making a check on map changes and attempting to load correct gear and boffs, it might not be seeing all available boffs due to the funkiness I've described above.

I've also experienced some weirdness with the Intel boffs from the Delta Ops pack. Their particular icons in the roster list don't always load until hovering over them (prior to that, they have the same icons as non-Intel boffs). This issue seems solely cosmetic, but I'm not sure if there are other differences about them that would cause their being equipped in a roster/station to lead to loadout problems. I don't recall having problems getting the station dropdown list to fully populate before DR.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me the problem occurs usually rarely when transitioning from system space to sector space.

It has only happened on only three of my seven toons. In each situation, going to the stations screen to is the only way to properly reset my boff stations. In all cases, my boff roster is full and it's usually a DR Pack Intel boff that doesn't show up when trying to fill the station. After selecting another station, the system seems to recognize that I do have one of these DR Pack Intel boffs in my roster and allows me to assign a seat to that boff.

Not sure if that helps, but it seems like the DR Pack boffs have some sort of issue.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I run "Tour the Galaxy" once every day, and I occasionally see boffs unslot when beaming up from ESD to the Sirius Sector Block. It does not happen every time. To clarify, all boffs on my ship unslot. This bug is quite old and different from the bug that caused the power tray to forget the positions of abilities.

Usually, after logging on, I do academy lore missions on all my characters and crafting and doff missions on Sarine. Afterwards, I run "Tour the Galaxy" on Sarine. So I would say it happens from 5 to 10 minutes after logging on, depending on how much chatting I do in between.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This bug happened now for one or two weeks now on different chars. Only my boffs are leaving there station on a map change.

This is not the old bug, where you just have to go to your station screen and the boffs are load again on there station. You must manually slot your boffs on there stations if you have not saved a loadout.

This happened yesterday on my SCI char with his Pathfinder as i switch from Sirius Sector Block to a Borg red alert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Boffs are unseating themselves far more often than before, but I can't work out any specific reproduction steps for it. It just happens, seemingly at random, on any map change, and it seems to affect some characters more than others. It doesn't seem to correlate to changing boffs/ships are all. Maybe gear, but I doubt that too. Might only occur on map transitions between systems and sector space, and vice-versa.

Haven't encountered it on Tribble yet in my time playing there.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just had the empty boff stations bug on one KDF character, where I have not made any changes to the ship's loadout (or the boffs) in days. This alt is parked for now just doing doffing and the occasional red alert.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2015

For me it happens randomly when beaming from ESD/First City into CCA (public queue).

As I only really run CCA that's the only one I'm seeing it happen on

I almost never change ships/Boffs and I don't use loadouts either, yet my Boffs still seem to be randomly unseating themselves.

My usual routine is to log in fill my Doff/R&D assignments and run a quick CCA, then switch toons and rinse and repeat. So you could say it's happening pretty much from when I first log in.

As I rarely bother testing on Tribble these days, I couldn't say.

My answers are in red.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nearly every new login, my BoFF's get cleared out. Restoring via saved loadouts DOESN'T work. I have to redo them all manually then redo my tray positioning again.

I haven't had it on map transfer. Just on first login for each character. Sometimes they are saved but out of 8 characters I usually have to redo 5 of them.

I don't change ships that often either.

Saving the new setup to an existing loadout works only during that game session. Next day if the bug happens again it causes the saved loadout to fail. Need to test with a new loadout save as was overwriting previously.

Happened since the last patch.

Haven't played on Tribble.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • ujam1ujam1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I would say, for me its not a map change in general, but beaming from ground 2 space.
    Several fed/kdf characters are involved during the last week.
    Thank you!
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    FED: Special Circumstances, Raumpatroullie Elysion, Naeramarth
    KDF: Special Circumstances KDF
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Normally my loadouts are pretty stable, but I swapped ships a few times (about 5) recently, checked on the ground at ESD that my bridge officers were in their stations and when I beamed up into orbit, no officers were slotted. I reseated them and resaved the loadout and all was right.

Hope this helps you track it down.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I reseated them and resaved the loadout and all was right.

So you think. I wouldn't be surprised if the next time your stations reset (odds are there *will* be a next time) and you try to activate the saved loadout you'll be reseating those BOffs yet again.
    edited January 2015
    In my case, I might have visited the ship selector in the KDF space station to store gear in the inactive ships (extra bank slots :) ). I was doing doffing and R&D and switching between 9 alts so I'm hazy on that. I just noticed when beaming up from first city that my KDF captain suddenly had no boff powers available,
    edited January 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    I've just started having a problem of Boffs unslotting from ships a couple days ago (on Holodeck).

5/6 characters had their ship Boff slots cleared after beaming down to Kobali Prime (ground) or back into its orbit. All equipment, doffs and trays (except for empty slots where the Boff abilities would be) remains as was before.

Selecting the previous loadout has either no effect at all or only 2 Boffs reslot. I'll note that their abilities get into correct (same as previously) slots in the tray.

I have had no such problems beaming down/up to DS9, Earth spacedock or Qo'nos. If time permits, I'll try this on Tribble soon.

Okay, time permitted.

Sadly, I've been unable to reproduce this glitch on Tribble. I've tried with two chars on numerous occasions, both with Kobali prime and other ground maps, but Boffs stayed in their slots.

The only thing I didn't try on Tribble (that I've been doing prior to the buff appearing on Holodeck) is completing all the Kobali ground missions while I'm there before beaming back up. That'd just take close to two hours I'm not really willing to put to it.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Answers in Yellow.

Typically they happen when I enter a STF, usually I am on the ground and have just changed my traits between a ground set-up to a space set-up.

KSA, ISA, CCA mostly. It's not consistent.

No. In my case the boff setups are consistent - i don't edit them. the only thing that does change are my traits (min maxing ground and space based on what I am about to do.)

Good question - it's after i've been playing for a while. I do my doffing, R&D then try to fit ina run ro two before moving on to the next alt. In this case I finish my routine, do 2 space missions, switch to ground. In the switch back to space that the loadout issue appears (again, after I change traits). Nothing bad seems to happen when I don't move the traits around.

This has to be the most frustrating bug I've encountered. I can't prepare for it. It happens right at the moment the skills/boffs are needed, and it impacts the play of the entire team.

Very frustrating.

One consistent thing that occurs - regardless of the build or alt - the #1 device position is always empty when the doffs run away AND that the loadout system never works when you hit one preset to restore hat you've lost
  • hmallow42hmallow42 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Replay A Step Between Stars. Complete the mission. When dumped back into Tau Dewa, find all your boff stations empty.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Thanks for your work in looking into this - as far as I am concerned (and fully realise I am just one player, a drop in the ocean) this is a game breaking bug as I cannot play the game as it is.

No, not every map transfer. It happens occasionaly. I have 10 toons, and started after last week's maintenance. On average it happens to one or two toons every day and this far has happened to 8/10 of my toons. It can occur on ground to space transitions (e.g. beaming from ESD up to ESD space, or when beaming into PVE space maps e.g. starting ISA from a ground map)

Not that I am aware of, it occurs mostly for me going into ISA or beaming into ESD system space, but these are the transitions that I do most frequently anyway.

No. I never change boffs, I never change ships. At first I thought it was something to do with upgrading items on my ship, but it has occured on toons that are still using their pre-DR mk 12 items. The bug basically removes all the boffs from their stations. When I try to reload the loadout nothing happens (ie either the loadout itself has become overwritten with one that has no boffs OR the loadout is unable to load). I then have to manually put all the boffs in their positions. Around half the time their skills DO NOT APPEAR ON THE POWER BAR. This is a MASSIVE inconvenience as it then requires me to spend 5 minutes dragging all the powers one by one into their slots on my tray before saving over the whole loadout again.

I haven't noticed any difference in the time played before this happens. As I mentioned earlierI have a lot of toons and switch around alot. (Despite everything that DR has done to my ability to keep alts competitive I still try!) Sometimes this occurs in the first map transition of the day, sometimes I could have been on a character for hours doing lots of transitions with nothing occuring until all of a sudden BAM - no powers.

I have not played on Tribble so cannot answer this.

All in all super frustrating. Happens far too frequently (and much more frequently than it used to for me). Thanks for your help in getting to the bottom of it. As I have said MANY MANY times previously, I think the whole loadout system should be changed, the mechanic for selecting and loading the loadout SHOULD BE PLAYER INITIATED. The game should NOT look to load a loadout at every map transition, it should only loadout when a player hits a button to ask it to. Get rid of the radio selector buttons next to the loadouts and replace with a press button. I think this would solve alot of the issues (well at least reduce how often this kind of thing occurs). If the game actually LOADED OUT ONLY WHEN I ASKED IT TO rather than EVERY time i change to a space map then I would have ZERO problems as i hardly ever change my loadout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Its the same old issue Frost. We have described it many times for you before but hear we go again.

It started before loadouts. Way back with the patch that first separated small craft from starships. We used to have to visit a ship selector and change from our starship to a small craft, or back again. The patch that gave us the ability to keep both a starship and small craft active at the same time co-inside with the first reports of this issue.

The issue at that time proved as difficult to isolate as it dose now. It is always triggered by zoning, it is not specific to zoning from ground to space, space to sector, sector to space or space to ground. It is not specific to zoning into or out of a queued event either.

The issue was that; 'A loading screen goes away and stations on your ship that were filled before its presence are not filled now.'

Characters who are played for a few hours a day may experience this just once or not at all in a month. They may also go through periods when this occurs for every transition they make in a night, week or month. Then for no more reason then it started the occurrences will stop for a period.

I myself have a huge number of boffs and ships, which I switch around regularly and consistently however I go through both periods where this dose not happen to me at all, and periods when it happens a lot. I also have neumerus long time friends in the game with far fewer ships and boffs which they do not change a grate deal, and likewise experience this issue for periods of both high and low frequency.

Every one that I know to have experience of this issue dose fly multiple ships, though not every one changes their officers at all. It should be noted that I have no reason to suspect that people who limit themselves to one ship and one selection of officers are not effected, I just have no information to base an assumption either that they do or do not upon.

With the introduction of the loadout system this issue was either joined by a similar but distinct new issue, or found a new way to express itself. This also is inconsistent between characters. Not every one experiances it all of the time or non of the time. However my own character Temo@ctcc42 exerpiances it with almost 100% reliability.

Saved Loadouts are almost always properly recalled provided no loading screen is experienced between saving the loadouts and attempting to recall it. This is true on both holo and tribble. However if a loading screen is imposed (irrespective of the origination and destination) then attempts to recall previously functioning loadouts will fail. Any number between 1 and all of the bridge officer slots on the ship will either fail to load, or load the wrong officers.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its the same old issue Frost. We have described it many times for you before but hear we go again.

It started before loadouts. Way back with the patch that first separated small craft from starships. We used to have to visit a ship selector and change from our starship to a small craft, or back again. The patch that gave us the ability to keep both a starship and small craft active at the same time co-inside with the first reports of this issue.

The issue at that time proved as difficult to isolate as it dose now. It is always triggered by zoning, it is not specific to zoning from ground to space, space to sector, sector to space or space to ground. It is not specific to zoning into or out of a queued event either.

The issue was that; 'A loading screen goes away and stations on your ship that were filled before its presence are not filled now.'

Characters who are played for a few hours a day may experience this just once or not at all in a month. They may also go through periods when this occurs for every transition they make in a night, week or month. Then for no more reason then it started the occurrences will stop for a period.

I myself have a huge number of boffs and ships, which I switch around regularly and consistently however I go through both periods where this dose not happen to me at all, and periods when it happens a lot. I also have neumerus long time friends in the game with far fewer ships and boffs which they do not change a grate deal, and likewise experience this issue for periods of both high and low frequency.

Every one that I know to have experience of this issue dose fly multiple ships, though not every one changes their officers at all. It should be noted that I have no reason to suspect that people who limit themselves to one ship and one selection of officers are not effected, I just have no information to base an assumption either that they do or do not upon.

With the introduction of the loadout system this issue was either joined by a similar but distinct new issue, or found a new way to express itself. This also is inconsistent between characters. Not every one experiances it all of the time or non of the time. However my own character Temo@ctcc42 exerpiances it with almost 100% reliability.

Saved Loadouts are almost always properly recalled provided no loading screen is experienced between saving the loadouts and attempting to recall it. This is true on both holo and tribble. However if a loading screen is imposed (irrespective of the origination and destination) then attempts to recall previously functioning loadouts will fail. Any number between 1 and all of the bridge officer slots on the ship will either fail to load, or load the wrong officers.

i slightly disagree. the issue has been around longer than that. it just began to effect more and more people with those updates..but was mostly ignored ignored until it was every other character

I have an issue where my weapon doesn't work because it doesn't link to firing modes but traits... more people have gotten then issue over the past few months...

but its the same thing, "we cant reproduce it..." "there is something you aren't telling us"

Maybe its just me but its obviously a database issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015

There is no common denominator!

Sometimes its just logging in. Sometimes its changing maps. Sometimes its ok for weeks, others its more or less evertime you zone.

Now I don't have a fancy game dev degree but I would start looking at the actual database. It either isn't up to the job or has errors of some kind.

I am not trying to be snotty to you but really.... We have answered these EXACT SAME questions over and over and over and over for a year or more. The answers are the same today as they were last January, last July and last week.

There is nothing more we can tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lost all my boffs when entering Traelus System (to do the daily) after completing Rescue Deferi Captives. Clicking on Loadout does nothing, as if it's been erased. I have
    46 boffs & do not have the patience or memory to reslot them. Frustrated with this game (the first & only MMO I've ever played) & still miffed over what it's done to Dil with the Upgrading/R&D thing. And to think, I was honestly gonna buy some Zen today. Instead I'll be logging off pissed, frustrated, disappointed, & shaking my head for the next day or two. Hopefully it's fixed by then. PLEASE have it fixed by then.
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Our QA Lead found a repro. She was able to do so by saving a Loadout while on a ground map, beaming to her ship, changing the ship's setup, and the when she loaded the Loadout that was saved on the ground map, the Boffs cleared from their stations. Hopefully this will give the programmers what they need to fix this, though I have no idea how long that might take. Thanks for your reports.
    STO QA Team
    edited January 2015
    That's great news that you've found a case that triggers it reliably.

FYI, that can't be the only trigger since this has happened to me on two different characters in the last week and I don't use / save loadouts, my ships just have one set of slotted items and stations and I've never explicitly saved them.
    edited January 2015
    Our QA Lead found a repro. She was able to do so by saving a Loadout while on a ground map, beaming to her ship, changing the ship's setup, and the when she loaded the Loadout that was saved on the ground map, the Boffs cleared from their stations. Hopefully this will give the programmers what they need to fix this, though I have no idea how long that might take. Thanks for your reports.

again, not trying to be snotty,,,

but let me get this straight, a MAJOR bug people have been reporting for at least a year and just now you have been able to reproduce it and have a starting point of what might be going on....

what then was going on all the times the patch notes said it was fixed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015

but let me get this straight, a MAJOR bug people have been reporting for at least a year and just now you have been able to reproduce it and have a starting point of what might be going on....

Shhhhh... They were feeding the Tribbles.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I'm not a dev, but I've seen lots of people that either don't explain what was going on very well - if at all - or people talking about stuff that I, personally, was doing without experiencing the same bug. It's not a matter of them being unable to reproduce the bug, but being able to reproduce it reliably. If they can't reproduce it reliably then any changes they make based on an occasional manifestation are, at best, only going to fix it in some of the cases.

At worst they break the game and make it completely unplayable for everyone. I hope you'll forgive them for being cautious and taking the time to try and do it right.
    edited January 2015

I'm not a Cryptic employee, but I am an application software developer.

There are apparently at least three bugs related to ship configuration: item loadouts, skill tray items, doff stations. There may also be multiple causes of problems, not just a single one.

Fixing one cause of one bug won't necessarily clear up everything.

Also, reproducing customer bugs can be incredibly difficult sometimes. We've had QA and support staff spend 10-20 hours trying to reproduce a bug without success. We've sometimes resorted to making special logging builds of our application available to customers to try to gather information. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Even if you can make it happen, that doesn't mean you can find the problem in the code or database causing it.
    edited January 2015

Well, glad you got something.

I'm not optimistic enough to believe a potential fothcoming fix will eradicate all ocurrences of this bug, but something is definitely better than nothing here.