test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queued Stf Mastery?

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I know many of us are frustrated with events that lead to a disaster in STFs due to newer players not knowing the “rules” or strategies for a win…. As well as some not-so-new players (I, myself, couldn’t tell you the strategy to over half… but I do read up on them before I attempt to engage).

Here’s an idea… akin to ship mastery where as we level we unlock certain abilities of our ship, perhaps have a Queue Mastery ranking system which combines character level with recorded completions of queued STFS in order to advance.

To put plainly, a player can access NORMAL STFs at a certain level. Both through playing those STFs and advancing in rank one can unlock the ADVANCED/ELITE levels of these STFs.

Theoretically this would give all players an opportunity to get the basics of the STFs down before leaping into advanced or elite queues and immediately into disaster. It is the most balanced nad fair solution I can think of, but I am open to suggestions.

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Isnt it already like this? Normal stfs start at level 40 then advanced appears at level 50?

Or have they changed that? Been so long since I had a toon at level 40.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Isnt it already like this? Normal stfs start at level 40 then advanced appears at level 50?

Or have they changed that? Been so long since I had a toon at level 40.

I think so, yes, but one can simply ighnore the STFs until lvl 50 (or 60) and leap iummeidately into the advanced queues... I tihnk we need one more step before that can happen... hence the "mastery" concept..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nope. Sounds terrible.

PuGs should have the freedom to play and win or fail.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does ANRN teach you how to do Advanced or Elite or does it teach BFAW is all you need?

How about BDN?

Do you have to grind it per captain? Per career? Per faction?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.