test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last Chance Lockbox Event (Now - 1/29)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Lobi Crystal Consortium (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Quark Enterprises) has announced that they are taking the Delta Expedition Lock Box away soon! Now’s your opportunity to open one of these boxes for a chance at some spectacular prizes. Read more details about it here.

To learn more about the Delta Expedition Lock Box and all the wonderful prizes, check out this blog showcasing all the contents here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Vaadwaur Lockbox, here we come! :D
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Last chance" pfft. These "last chances" happen everytime you guys are nearing the end of the run of a certain type of Lockbox.

If you want it to truly be "Last chance", previous ships/lockboxes should NEVER return. After all, the intent with Lockboxes, was to keep the ships "rare" ? Atleast, that was the justification back when Lockboxes were new.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My last chance to go after lockbox stuff I didn't even want when they came out roflmao.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    heh a buddy of mine opened 2 GOLD lock boxes hes had since basically launch - I gave him the 2 keys to do so - got a DOff pack and a holonovel some "chance"

result = NEVER open gamble boxes last chances or bonus boxes that were falsely advertised.
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2015
    "Last chance" aka they remove the old lockboxes from exchange after this?

if not lol at the marketing guy...
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Meh, same as when Disney puts something "Back in the vault."
    Doesn't mean it'll never be available again, just not available for a while.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah. This event has happened many times - its fairly obvious its referring to your 'last chance for a while'. No need to nitpick for its own sake.

Its actually pretty useful. Ensures a stream of D'Koras/Galors and various other old ships enter the market again. Otherwise their price would be crazy
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    I am so going to laugh if all the people assuming that the Kobali ship is the anniversary ship are wrong, and we get the Kobali Lockbox.

You know, I think most folks making that prediction would be overjoyed to be absolutely wrong about the Kobali ship being the Anniversary ship. We'd still have a chance to get faction-specific designs for the Anniversary (though baseline T6-10 with eventual Fleet variants or C-Store packs) and a high-quality cross-faction ship (T6-11) in the lock box. It would make it odd to have titled the News articles Anniversary Personal Log (Part 1) and Anniversary Personal Log (Part 2), however, since it would relate to the lock box and not really the Anniversary.

Still, at least we could hold out hope for something closer to the 3rd Anniversary than the 4th... I just skipped the 4th Anniversary and the (therefore incomplete) associated C-Store packs entirely last time (I might have considered the C-Store versions if we got the complete Sets out of them). With everything else being time-gated, the Anniversary used to be a fun special event where we got a great Episode and a nice toy. With everything else taking longer than it used to, I don't really anticipate the Anniversary being set up like the 3rd or even the Summer/Winter Events... but maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised. :)

As far as the Last Chance promo... these are always a nice way of getting the old lock boxes. Plus, it heralds the arrival of another option (Maybe the KDF and Roms will get Reciprocity after all? ;)) for folks to peruse.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Heh. I hope they don't release a Kobali 9-ship pack for the anniversary, like they did with Dyson ships last year:P
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Last chance to get your backwards flying Benthan Assault Cruiser! :D
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Meh, same as when Disney puts something "Back in the vault."
    Doesn't mean it'll never be available again, just not available for a while.

yea i get that ,nothing bad about the devs but lol that marketing guy sure is not inventive :D

here something that can make people open them more than using last chance : add something special too it or add double the lobies or add a anything unique but cheap to make to show off that can only be found in this period of time.
  • beetlejuicebeetlejuice Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The problem for me, being a Life time Subscriber from Day 1, is that i still have to pay to get keys to open these Lockboxes. What if i can't afford to buy 10 lock boxes keys. In my case I have over 100 lockboxes not opened because my hard earned cash goes on bills and my family.

Yes, one of those boxes 'could' contain something special, but You just know the moment i buy 100+ keys, the flag for 'find nothing special and we make a lot of money from that player, regardles', gets activated. :mad:
    RIP Leonard Nimoy
    Scotty, Dr. McCoy - one to beam up.
    LLAP
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Vaadwaur Lockbox, here we come! :D

Kobali anniversary ship with Vaadwar lockbox items! :confused:
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ponybox.

/10char.
  • nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    2012 - to date, I opened around 100 different lock-boxes and never received any other starship except mirror one.
    I upgraded, though, Jem Hadar space/ground set, bought armors and consoles for lobi crystals.
    Forgive me not being enthusiastic over current/any Lock-box disappearance.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    2012 - to date, I opened around 100 different lock-boxes and never received any other starship except mirror one.
    I upgraded, though, Jem Hadar space/ground set, bought armors and consoles for lobi crystals.
    Forgive me not being enthusiastic over current/any Lock-box disappearance.

Yeah pretty much my average is about 150-300 lockboxes before they drop the ships. The one thing about lockbox ships tho is they feel under powered now compared to these T6 ships. That and the fact that they throw something out there they say is alt friendly but then they push out another massive grindfest to take its place. Roughly though you need a KDF assembly line or a trust fund though to get enough to get the ships lol.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was a decent lockbox, so glad to see it go. I got what I wanted from it, the ground weapons. They was ok, but not my favorite compared to the past ones. So far the Hirogen and Undine ground weapons was the best of them. I made sure all my characters got one.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Aaarrgggg back again.. have to admit a Vaadwar 3 ship set (Artillery as 3rd super valuable) would pull my EC and dil and anything else I could hock... Would not open a single box but many would,.. that Artillery would replace my main boat...
  • rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey. This would be nice. If I didn't need any keys to open them with. I have to either pay real money to get a single key for 125 Zen, or 10 for 1,125 Zen that are consumed on use (which is silly when you end up with 40 boxes), or pay well over 1 million credits for ONE key on the Exchange.

Yeah they drop in the "open world" so the cost kind of makes sense, but not for F2P. If I'm going to spend my real money on that, I might as well subscribe. It would be more cost effective. I'd get considerably more benefits. But it's not worth it to me to do so for two main reasons.

1: I have a subscription commitment to another game.

2: I don't see this game as worth throwing much money at (if any) for vanity stuff (character slots, specific ship, etc), much less a subscription.

MMOs are a business. I get that. This is a nice way to get some of us F2P to buy stuff. It would, however, go over better if we were enticed by being given a few keys, about 10 or 15, for free for use by the entire account. Get us hooked on it.
  • knarfretepknarfretep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    More lock boxes....how nice....
    More money for PWI and ARC.....Free 2 Play.....NOT.
    I did subscribe...I paid the Life time membership....Seriously 125Z for 1 KEY??????
    How about 10 for 125Z and 100 for 1125Z....as many lock boxes that drop....that would be more worth the MY money.
    A lot of money paid into this game.....not a lot of incentive to stay!!!!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes! Bring on the Vaardwark ships!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a small request to make. Would you please let us deactivate lockbox drops for ourselves? I don't like those lockbox events. There are now 12 different boxes potentially using 12 inventory slots. This is getting slightly annoying.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    YES, a new lockbox with another ship that will be sold on the exchange at hyper inflated prices!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe interested if they would add few free keys for every player but with current rng gamble and value of lock keys... thanks Cryptic, I am not interested. Just more stuff I will ignore.
  • gorgothedreadful#6260 gorgothedreadful Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Could we get maybe some of those ships that actually got votes on the "what Delta-Quadrant species do you want to see" poll instead of whatever you pull out of a hat?
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    They can't add free keys. Not even one. Because there is a miniscule, immeasurably small, chance of that one key winning the ship, which would basically mean that the lucky beyond measure person who won that ship, with that one free key, received a lock box grand prize ship for absolutely nothing.

I am not grand Cryptic marketing guru, but imho this would help them. It's like a standard lottery. If you want to have run successfull lottery game you need winners. Not so often but from time to time you need to show winner who get "everything for nothing". It boosts interest people to buy tickets in hope they will win too - as they see it is possible to win. The trick is obvious. It is still rng gamble with very small chance to win, but it gives people hope.

In case of Cryptic. The chance to win ship is very small as we all know. So with current rng loot table to give - let's say - from 3 to 5 free keys would did not harm them. Most of people would get "trash" - well for low level players they would have chance to get some helpful and usable stuff - only a few would get ships. Imho it would boost interest to buy few more keys for zens and it would help to change a little image of Cryptic. Look we are not greedy Ferengi we offer something for our playes for free.

But you know... :-)
  • cwnannwncwnannwn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    elsunga wrote: »
    I am not grand Cryptic marketing guru, but imho this would help them. It's like a standard lottery. If you want to have run successfull lottery game you need winners. Not so often but from time to time you need to show winner who get "everything for nothing". It boosts interest people to buy tickets in hope they will win too - as they see it is possible to win. The trick is obvious. It is still rng gamble with very small chance to win, but it gives people hope.

In case of Cryptic. The chance to win ship is very small as we all know. So with current rng loot table to give - let's say - from 3 to 5 free keys would did not harm them. Most of people would get "trash" - well for low level players they would have chance to get some helpful and usable stuff - only a few would get ships. Imho it would boost interest to buy few more keys for zens and it would help to change a little image of Cryptic. Look we are not greedy Ferengi we offer something for our playes for free.

But you know... :-)

Here is a sample of what another MMO offers if you "buy" their paid membership:

• Unlimited [REDACTED] Lockbox Unlocks
    • Unlimited in-game currency

You can still buy keys to unlock boxes if you aren't a paid member or a LTS, I have an LTS for that game and have had since it came out. I have an LTS for STO as well, IMO, this could happen in STO, would be a good way for them to boost sales of subscriptions (maube not the best choice of words).

Anyway, just my thoughts.

EDIT: they also give you 10% off their in game store prices as well.