test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank You STO

aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
Ever since the power creeps, the nerfs, lack of account security, heavy grinds and empty ques, I have reverted back to playing KingIsle games with the wife. KingIsle has never demanded such harsh investments to make a great game fun. A lot can be learned from KingIsle to make STO the great game that it was. I have met a great deal of people inside and outside the game. For those who I have been in contact with via forum PMs, thank you for your help and support. I will continue to check in from time to time to check your well thought-out messages and respond. With all that said, I hope STO pulls it together to get their veterans (like myself) back into the game. Good luck everyone and try to have fun. (And don't pop a nerve grinding Argala) :P
Post edited by aoax10 on

Comments

• rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will take that bet. I'm going for Bluegeek.

On this somewhat silly topic. Leaving STO for pirates and wizards?

See ya around Sp-wait Cow-god darn it. See ya around buttpirate!
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Inb4lock

http://i.imgur.com/7H6FYaB.jpg

Truth must be said! :P
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not locked yet? Oh well..

Sorry to see you go Aoax. May you find joy and happiness in your new ventures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can I haz ur stuff?? :D
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm on a break, so do I get to do an "I quit" thread?

Then "I'm back" one in a few months when I take a break from Elite: Dangerous?
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is how the big boys do MMORPGs. Welcome to the Big Leagues Cryptic. I sinicerely applaud you for putting my beloved grinding back in. This is what I was used to with MMORPGS. ANd I'm not being sarcastic either.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    See ya around Sp-wait Cow-god darn it. See ya around buttpirate!

Did i just detect a cleverly hidden cowboy bebop line? Props.
    5rFUCPd.png

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On this somewhat silly topic. Leaving STO for pirates and wizards?

There is nothing wrong with pirates and wizards...

...however, there is something horribly silly about their pirates and wizards. ;)
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is nothing wrong with pirates and wizards...

...however, there is something horribly silly about their pirates and wizards. ;)

Yeah. I'm looking at these games and I'm wondering why?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My money is on "lockielockie" sooner rather than later.
    I need a beer.

• vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm currently logging in to 4 characters a day all to refine dil and 3 to do R&D, that's it. I used the xp event to bring the 3 R&D characters in synch with each other on the spec tree, some dil grinding while I was at it but really doffing, spec tree, even the R&D which I've done on the one character so don't need to do again. So no I've not quit but I'm doing the minimal work/effort to keep things ticking over though with how things are if things don't change the need to grind out those 3 alts will end up disappearing.

It feels like everything is now about grinding and why grind? It really all comes down to getting more or better gear/abilities. The grind is so much though that the amount of content I'd need to rerun would mean even if I completed everything I'm then left with;

a/ grinding the same content (yay I get to run it quicker/easier).
    b/ playing the harder content.

It's not an appealing choice to make and with queues like they are, unbalanced, broken content or rewards I struggle to justify doing it once let alone 4 times only to end up with the same content I just been grinding. Accolades have kept me going though more broken ones or ones I'd expect to be there that aren't.

I'm now either playing new games or existing ones currently Final Fantasy 2 - a chronological completion campaign in progress, and the last 2 days Resident vil Remake HD. Some of these have these grind fests too but they make it fun with replayability! They give me others things to do I can do inbetween. I know MMOs are different to console games but STO has been my main focus since launch so it's not like STO can't keep me playing but more and more it feels like it's all about the grind and the monetisation and that's turning me off. The increased amount of problems I have with the game, the path the game is taking, 'boff icon revamps' and 'systems no one seems to want' aren't enough to cover them up. If I felt Cryptic listened, acknowleged issues and was trying to address points made then I'd cut them a lot of slack but it's becoming harder to do so.

So yeah not quit but I'm not sure if I'm in that twlight phase on gaming where I'm doing so little that one day I just stop altogether and slip quietly off the radar then find I'm so far behind/so much more grind to catch up on it puts me off coming back.
  • artaniscreedartaniscreed Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    uhhh I played Wizard101... that **** is pretty ****ing grindy. Plus a lot of the areas are behind pay walls.
  • raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Gosh. Two more of the people I (used to) play STO with leaving the game (Aoax10 being one) because they can no longer bear the garbage that is Cryptic/PWE. My other fleet is a mass of different games being experimented with as a refuge from STO.

Pretty soon there will be no one to play with at all.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aoax10 wrote: »
    Ever since the power creeps, the nerfs, lack of account security, heavy grinds and empty ques, I have reverted back to playing KingIsle games with the wife. KingIsle has never demanded such harsh investments to make a great game fun. A lot can be learned from KingIsle to make STO the great game that it was. I have met a great deal of people inside and outside the game. For those who I have been in contact with via forum PMs, thank you for your help and support. I will continue to check in from time to time to check your well thought-out messages and respond. With all that said, I hope STO pulls it together to get their veterans (like myself) back into the game. Good luck everyone and try to have fun. (And don't pop a nerve grinding Argala) :P

I've reverted back to playing WoW and Diablo III with the husbear myself. It's been nice. No RMTAH to worry about, no currency conversions for commonly needed items. There's actual balance to the classes. There's an enormous amount of content to play. There's plenty of things to try and do in both games.

When I max level crafting and I can actually craft items and they don't have insanely random stats and I don't need to do 25 man raids to get materials (the equivalent of the difficulty found here in the elites)

When I go to do hard content it's not filled with instakill bosses there are actual strategies.

If I play an alternative dps or debuff character I don't have to worry about it being neglected for years on end. (like science has been in this title)

Even though I'm paying a sub for one of those games I can rest easy in the knowledge that I won't need to buy any currency from the store to progress.

When something is given out free to the players it's actually free to the players I don't have to run around with a group and gather together currency to buy the free item so that the devs can claim it's content.

Content that is actually added in the expansions and patches don't leave huge gaps and anything I do that's backwards in the life of the game (like going to older zones) is still relevant to the game and won't get nerfed because someone might be actually trying to progress. (like what's been done here to the Dewa Sector)

Just a few tips there....
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2015
    While were are on this subject, I may as well note that I have not been logging any hours into STO at all lately. The forums provide way more entertainment than the game itself. Further more, I got fish to fry.
    edited January 2015
    It seems more and more players are coming to realize that having their nails slowly ripped from their fingers and toes is more fun than what STO has become.

So long Aoax, Android, Raiiji, Kei, Seeker, and a host of others I used to play with before the abuses became just too much for them to bear. And where friends go, others sooner or later follow.

You can get the forum goons (and in Askray's case, liars) to try to hide what is happening to the game, but you cannot succeed. Ultimately silence is more damning than all the anger.

This post certified "death threat free," whatever lies Askray spews. And no, I will not apologize for that statement. I have never in my life threatened anyone with violence, much less issued a death threat - and I will absolutely NOT tolerate a worthless scum like Askray despoiling my good name.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raeat wrote: »
    It seems more and more players are coming to realize that having their nails slowly ripped from their fingers and toes is more fun than what STO has become.

So long Aoax, Android, Raiiji, Kei, Seeker, and a host of others I used to play with before the abuses became just too much for them to bear. And where friends go, others sooner or later follow.

You can get the forum goons (and in Askray's case, liars) to try to hide what is happening to the game, but you cannot succeed. Ultimately silence is more damning than all the anger.

This post certified "death threat free," whatever lies Askray spews. And no, I will not apologize for that statement. I have never in my life threatened anyone with violence, much less issued a death threat - and I will absolutely NOT tolerate a worthless scum like Askray despoiling my good name.

It takes a certain personality for wanting to police other people for free in your spare time...
    lystent wrote: »
    While were are on this subject, I may as well note that I have not been logging any hours into STO at all lately. The forums provide way more entertainment than the game itself. Further more, I got fish to fry.

Now..THAT'S a death threat!
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
    edited January 2015
    It does seem to attract the worst of the worst...

That's why accountable professionals are a good idea when dealing with a marketed product.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bashing Cryptic is fine, but the mods to not deserve the same treatment. They are just doing their job and if we're honest here this place would be a complete mess if they weren't here to clean up.

At the very least, do not act surprised or insulted if a thread that clearly violates rules get's locked.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aoax10 wrote: »

i understand you feeling, i play at an other game too. I miss my STo characters but not the game which was became just boring and painfully frustating. I still check the website in the hope to see something interesting, but the latest news still keep me away from STO