test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Personal Log (Part 2)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've recently intercepted another transmission, regarding a ship named the Samsar! It comes from what appears to be from the Kobali known as Hanchon Jetanian.

See what else you can discern from it here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anniversary ship confirmed.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Interesting ship name, as it seems to allude to samsara, which is the term in multiple Eastern religions for the cycle of birth, death, rebirth, and the consequences of one's actions across time.

Given the Kobali's "reincarnarnating" nature I would wonder if the devs had that in mind when naming the ship...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Herp derp oh gee, I wonder what this year's anniversary ship is going to be...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015

^ This. Color me a bit disappointed. Maybe Cryptic will throw us more worthwhile command ships from the C-Store or something...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And people say Cryptic doesn't read the forums. They saw those folks that made a big deal out of having to help the Kobali...and Cryptic decided to troll them hardcore! ;)
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to wait until I see the stats and what has to be done to get it, before I make a decision on whether or not the trait (which would be my one reason for it) is worth it or not.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I was gonna say that. Anyway, hopefully it looks more interesting than the current Kobali ships at least.
    gulberat wrote: »
    I'm going to wait until I see the stats and what has to be done to get it, before I make a decision on whether or not the trait (which would be my one reason for it) is worth it or not.

Where it will be fun is with it being an Anniversary ship instead of an Event ship, so it will be standard T6 instead of Fleet-level T6. So I'm curious if it and its improved versions will have separate traits or just an improved trait. Also have to wonder then if there are going to be any set bonuses involved there. And...and...and...yeah, there are a few things there.

Including whether it's going to be a shakedown mission or if it's going to be the shuffle.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We've recently intercepted another transmission, regarding a ship named the Samsar! It comes from what appears to be from the Kobali known as Hanchon Jetanian.

See what else you can discern from it here.

~LaughingTrendy

Can i exchange that Kobali ship with a Tier 6 Nova?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I bet the Kobali would get along great with the Deferi.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited January 2015
    I bet the Kobali would get along great with the Deferi.

Nah, the Kobali aren't totally averse to picking up a gun if push comes to shove. They may not like it and it may not be their first reaction but even though we have to hold their hands they are not as cowardly as the Deferi.

They remind me of this line: "My hair! He shot my HAIR!"

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not a huge fan of the Kobali in general, but the ship sounds kind of interesting. As long as we're not forced to "test drive" it during the mission, I'm okay with it.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited January 2015
    Not a huge fan of the Kobali in general, but the ship sounds kind of interesting. As long as we're not forced to "test drive" it during the mission, I'm okay with it.

Heh, you'll test drive it multiple times to get set pieces while also spending 25 days shuffling boxes...though, that would only be if it is like the last one. They could add more to what one has to do...will have to see! ;)
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "When they are confronted by an enemy, their first response is not to fight. " Makes them sound about as useful as those damned Deferi... At least the Kobali know how to pick up a gun when pushed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • kgls133492kgls133492 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd
    my hopes of a t6 nova esque ship are dashed
    proberly another ugly ship,
    but i guess an ugly ship goes well with the desecrator race

they also didnt come across TRIBBLE peace loving hippies to me in that one episode
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    questerius wrote: »

Well, their choice was "What, a Kobali ship? From these Space Zombies! NO!!!!" or "WHat! YOu want me to rebuy a ship I already have again? Money Grubbers!"

But count me in the pro Tier 6 Nova camp. Though considering how many (Federation) Science Vessels they added lately, I suspect we may have to wait a while for a new one...

Not that I have a problem with the Kobali, and I find it quite surprising that Star Trek fans have such a big issue with them. IDIC and all that...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Nah, the Kobali aren't totally averse to picking up a gun if push comes to shove. They may not like it and it may not be their first reaction but even though we have to hold their hands they are not as cowardly as the Deferi.

They remind me of this line: "My hair! He shot my HAIR!"

What hair? Also, can we get a Kobali Boff with the ship?

Speak for yourself. I like test driving the new ships. Let's you know if you want to actually own it.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited January 2015
    questerius wrote: »

C'mon, it's the Kobali...don't you know that's where the ship came from? Think about it. It's all the ships folks said they wanted...done the Kobali way. :P
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Sadly that is implied via the Kobali's unfamiliarity with it.

Not that I care. Said ship doesn't interest me in the least.

The ships, no. I'm reserving judgement for the trait.

If the Kobali console is worth anything i hope it can be used on other ships. I like potential benefits, but i dread flying a ship filled with zombies.

Come to think of it, put the kobali vs the salt zombies in Mine Trap and who would be victorious? (Was going to say, last man standing but...)
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited January 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »

It got shot. ;):D

edited January 2015
    Not that I have a problem with the Kobali, and I find it quite surprising that Star Trek fans have such a big issue with them. IDIC and all that...

It's the nonconsent issue that upsets most people, I think.

I keep saying it, though...if they would convince the Ferengi to sell their remains to them, that might do it without huge disruption to either culture. All the Kobali likely have to do as far as the Ferengi are concerned would be to make a better offer than the purveyors of the traditional vacuum desiccation method (and I would also recommend the Kobali carry a good insurance policy against "excessive" kin'steyas in case the memory wipe doesn't work and the new Kobali feels they must sue).

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    RIP factions in STO. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh, new ship! Now to the really relevant questions about it: The bridgeshot looks nice. Are there screens of the warpcore and maybe sickbay and captains quarters? How many decks? Trophy compatible?
    raventomoe wrote: »

Speak for yourself. I like test driving the new ships. Let's you know if you want to actually own it.

That hair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkv_mJa4MNE :P

While I do prefer my own ships for missions I don't have a problem with an occasional testdrive mission. Prefer a "choose your ship" option in case I like to replay the mission but did not like the tested ship.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can someone please answer me a question...why the Kobali?

Why are the Kobali taking such a MAJOR role in STO, when they only appeared in one episode of Voyager...which was actually pretty awful.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kgls133492 wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd
    my hopes of a t6 nova esque ship are dashed
    proberly another ugly ship,
    but i guess an ugly ship goes well with the desecrator race

they also didnt come across TRIBBLE peace loving hippies to me in that one episode

I know you were saying otherwise,Building on the phase " peace loving hippies" it could be interesting if the ship looks like an old VW bus😄
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    Can someone please answer me a question...why the Kobali?

Why are the Kobali taking such a MAJOR role in STO, when they only appeared in one episode of Voyager...which was actually pretty awful.

Outside a very few rare exceptions all species in Voyager had a one max. two show appearance. Cyptic got a nice Idea on how they could create a vaudwaar / kobali story arc and made it. Considering the high popularity from that one poll I would have expected the Krenim but I actually like the story they developed.
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While I don't like the Kobalii - this is a because of the 'stealing the dead' thing, it creeps me out - I am enjoying the storyline. It'll be very interesting to see what happens with Kim 1.0 and our interactions.

As to the Ferengi - the Ferengi are the perfect answer to the Kobalii problem - because they chop up their dead and sell them as dated disks anyway, so they'd jump all over themselves to sell their dead to the Kobalii.
  • bense2355bense2355 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    " As friendly and accommodating as the officers from the alliance are, they are … harder than we are. It is to their advantage, as they have been able to do much we could not, but I do not know if I would ever wish to be like them.

This war has taken much out of my people. I pray it does not harden our hearts as well."

Weaklings! :cool:
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Samsar is the first of our warships. A cruiser designed for defense with the help of our friends from the alliance, it is unique for a Kobali vessel. The Regenerative Integrity Field will help us greatly during an attack...

Just PLEASE make it alt-friendly like you did with the Summer and Winter event ships.
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know every year we get a new ship for all of us and that's cool! But for some of us are winding down our first 5 year mission and I think it would be cool if they would do something for those of us who made it!!! After all we have back this game for most of us almost 5 vets more than any body and that is true! Really some of us have completed the 5 years already and even more if you count beta! So I think it would be cool and outstanding....