test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ITS BACK!!!!!! - Load Out and Statiosn CLEARING

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is getting a little bit silly now, and very unprofessional. This little glitch has to be the most reoccurring problem the game has faced (someone correct me if I am mistaken). I had to reset a bunch of skills (and my boff seats) yesterday; I logged in today, and they're all empty again.

How many opportunities does a programming team need to fix something, without it continually breaking? :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Extremely annoying.. What exactly are they f*ing up so badly that all those bugs keep coming back? How hard can it be to keep those fixes in?
  • fullcircle2fullcircle2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hit by the station clearing bug, but only on certain alts. Also discovered traits being reset on couple of alts. This is getting very old. Trying to restore from a previously saved load out does not work.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was hit with station clearing on several characters this weekend.

Shrugged, guessed loadout issues were back, and opened my character screen to reselect the loadout. Clicked on a loadout button, got a loadout applied message, and boffs still not on station.

Checked, and loadout circle is not selected - and loadout selection is on cooldown now. Reset all my boffs the hard way, then ran my patrol. At the end, resaved the loadout. Seems to have worked on one character, but not the other.
  • crb2442crb2442 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's not just BOFF stations, it's everything. DOFF's being given unauthorized leave, BOFF's going AWOL, traits being cleared, loadouts changing on a whim. It's completely broken now. Might as well bring in the new ship transfer feature, we already have to manually fix our ships after every map load any way.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had it happen to one (of 4) alts. Unfortunately, some of my bridge officers also lost experience, so I had to fix their skill levels, too.

And it's happened with a second character. It appears to be happening on transition from sector space to an episode map.
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have also run into the problem of BOFF stations clearing on map switch; when selecting the proper loadout, stations then remain cleared, forcing me to re-seat all BOFFs manually and re-save the loadout.

This may have been a coincidence, but I noticed it happened immediately after adjusting the difficulty slider.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Just save the load out and load it up etc. . Had this issue myself and just clicked load out and boom problem solved. .

Except that doesn't work. Reset the BOffs and tray, save to loadout, and then apparently randomly when switching maps they go bye-bye. As in changing to a loadout you had saved after cryptic's program decides to reset everything does nothing.

Super-super annoying.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm also affected.

-Loading a loadout doesn't work in this case. Usually some BOFF are back on duty, but not all of them. Do you plan to add a "Execute Bridge Officer for incompetence" DOFF mission ? Because I have several candidates right now.

-Happened twice when moving from Kobali ground to space, after playing the entire arc (IE several hours playing on the same ground map).

-Happened several time from moving from the DQ HQ (or whatever is called, the main hub of DR), to space.

-Seems to also happen when I log off on a ground map, log in, and move to space.

-Never happened while moving from a space map to another. Could be a coincidence, or not.

Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Once you've got your ship prepared, boffs, doffs, and equipment, save your loadout !
    Then if it ever gets cleared you simply need to click on the loadout you saved to restore everything as it was.
    If you change consoles often.. save your loadout often.

Loading the saved loadout (loadout saved in space) doesn't always repopulate the stations, sometimes only some of the stations get the right boff in them after clicking the loadout.

IF they could get rid of the stupid 60s timers for switching loadouts that would be nice (since you can't switch during red alert anyway), it would make it a lot easier to use loadouts for dealing wiht broken loadouts

But best solution now, would be to delete the entire loadouts system and rewrite it from scratch (or rewrite it from scratch first, then replace it).
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have been lucky in that these load out/station/UI scramble bugs have never really affected me...

Until now :(

Over this last week, a couple of times on different toons, I've gone into CCA only to find I have no Boffs slotted.

Those of you who have suffered this for months must either have the patience of saints or be serious masochists :P
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Patch a few things, break a few more...isn't that considered normal after all these years :D
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • moonstone57moonstone57 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I for one would like to see a LOADOUT- EMOTE! :eek:

The emote will cause your starship to do a roll in place with sparks flying out!

This way when i go into an STF and all my stations and tray are empty as well as half my frakin gear missing I can hit the emote button and everyone on my team knows I am in reset mode and can't help them..!!

My only fear is that i look around and see four other ships doing the same thing :eek:

Don't tell me you couldn't see it?

At what point does the realization that this system does not work set in to the developers? :mad:

Can we get an opt out button to not use the loadout system?
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This has now reached the point where I'm writing down lists of boffs for each ship, so I can repopulate as quickly as possible when I'm hit by this. Doesn't help much when you're dropped into a combat map with a set of empty stations, of course....

I'm saving the loadouts religiously, but so far they haven't worked - they put at most three boffs of five back into place, and sometimes it's not even the right ones.

This bug - as I said in my bug report - has reached the point of seriously affecting gameplay, and it needs urgent attention.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    This has now reached the point where I'm writing down lists of boffs for each ship, so I can repopulate as quickly as possible when I'm hit by this. Doesn't help much when you're dropped into a combat map with a set of empty stations, of course....

I'm saving the loadouts religiously, but so far they haven't worked - they put at most three boffs of five back into place, and sometimes it's not even the right ones.

This bug - as I said in my bug report - has reached the point of seriously affecting gameplay, and it needs urgent attention.

I did something similar, but after several tray dumps, I just went to a bare minimum crew, per ship, for speedy replacement...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am seeing the loadout bug again too...

All boff stations clearing on map transition on Chazon@Jackal1701a
    Once you've got your ship prepared, boffs, doffs, and equipment, save your loadout !
    Then if it ever gets cleared you simply need to click on the loadout you saved to restore everything as it was.

This does not work - resaving loadout still means i get the bug and when i try to reload the loadout nothing happens - I still have empty boff stations and no skills.

This is BROKEN again but it happened when I was upgrading some gear - no problem before I upgraded a couple of items.

If loadouts dont work with upgrades then this is a big issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am kinda annoyed by this now. Now we have either a loadout issoue or a BOff seating issue or even both. If its so hard to fix that how can we expect other Bugs to be fixed? Why not just remove the Loadout system and Return that to the pre-DR state? It worked back then.
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    for me its only bridge officer get unseated, but if i set(sit) them back as they were all the skills goes back to the the tray where they were.

non bridge officer skills does not disappear for me

all this happens kinda rarely and when it does i think whem i am off from *ground* area

p.s.: maybe it have something to do with zones where you set back to someting like "you are now playing on lvl50", which could be bugging on lvl60 captains and/or loudouts (since its messes with your lvl for the time beeing)
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    for me its only bridge officer get unseated, but if i set(sit) them back as they were all the skills goes back to the the tray where they were.

non bridge officer skills does not disappear for me

That's a big one, but since the last patch I also notice that sometimes my ship equipment abilities swap out too. In particular the warp core clicky replaces where I have the Borg tractor beam and the tractor beam moves somewhere else (first empty tray slot?).
  • mycroft1701mycroft1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm also having this issue when changing maps/characters. Reloading a previously saved loadout is hit and miss - sometimes it will work, sometimes not at all, and sometimes only one or two BOFFs will correctly load, and leave the remaining stations empty
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So now its affecting 3 of my characters...

Chazon
    Gul Charak
    Ch'uq

(all @Jackal1701a)

Seems to be occuring MUCH more frequently than it ever has in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • jhighfilljhighfill Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I save my loadouts When i apply it maby 1 or 2 stations come back if at all. the loadouts are useless to address this.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The problem is not back. It has never gone away. Loadouts have never worked for me. Wish they would, they are a great idea.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ive the slight feeling that 2 developers are working on the same game functions.
    One wants to fix the loadout prob... and one wants to fix something else.

when dev1 fixes something dev2 comes in to undo the fixes because the fix conflicts with something that dev2 is working on
    one week later dev1 needs to start again with doing the fixes and dev2 is undoing them again

and the devs play this silly game week by week.... for months meanwhile

(sorry, i can not find a different logical explanation)
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015
    This may help some of you who have many Boffs

Change your current BOs Name equipped on your ship to

1-current
    2-current
    3-current
    4-current
    5-current

Name them from top to bottom of your ship list so when you enter content before combat you can reverse or cloak whatever and reload your BO's in there proper order

it only takes seconds to load them back up this way and it will also load up your tool trey right as well so your in action in a few seconds

A lot of fleet members have complained about this bug hitting them and this has worked for them all so far
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • dorlos2dorlos2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    This may help some of you who have many Boffs

Change your current BOs Name equipped on your ship to

1-current
    2-current
    3-current
    4-current
    5-current

Name them from top to bottom of your ship list so when you enter content before combat you can reverse or cloak whatever and reload your BO's in there proper order

it only takes seconds to load them back up this way and it will also load up your tool trey right as well so your in action in a few seconds

A lot of fleet members have complained about this bug hitting them and this has worked for them all so far

Fortunately I got screenshots of my boff layouts on my ships. Printed it last weekend.. now it's pinned above my screens ^^

But I'll adapt your renaming idea.. it's the faster way to throw 'em back to stations. Thanks for the tip :)
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    I've been trying to reproduce this, but I'm just not seeing it. Nor did I see it while playing over the weekend on my personal account. So I've got some questions to try and track this down.

Do you see this on every map transfer? If not, how often and on what type of transfer? e.g. beaming up from ground to space, loading into space queues, etc.

Are there any particular maps that seem to cause this to happen more than others?

Do you change ships and/or Boffs often? If so, how often after a change of Boffs do you see this happen?

Does this occur from the moment you log in, or do you have to be playing a while first? If the latter, approximately ow long before you see it happen?

Do you experience the same issue on Tribble? If so, is it more frequent or less?
    STO QA Team
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Frost,

I see this particular when Going from the Delta Sector Blocks into Systems. For example it happens a lot with Trakia System (Hirogen Array). but many other places as well, but I know that for sure.

That being said, Removing an item and reequipping the loadout, usually fixes it.
    If not, than Reslotting the Boffs into their Seats for me Fixes my Hotbars to the way they were.
    This includes when I have an ability in 2 Locations on my Bar, for Keybinds and Such.

Copy my Toon over if you want to test me... Barzai@primar13
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been trying to reproduce this, but I'm just not seeing it. Nor did I see it while playing over the weekend on my personal account. So I've got some questions to try and track this down.

Do you see this on every map transfer? If not, how often and on what type of transfer? e.g. beaming up from ground to space, loading into space queues, etc.

Are there any particular maps that seem to cause this to happen more than others?

Do you change ships and/or Boffs often? If so, how often after a change of Boffs do you see this happen?

Does this occur from the moment you log in, or do you have to be playing a while first? If the latter, approximately ow long before you see it happen?

Do you experience the same issue on Tribble? If so, is it more frequent or less?

I have yet to experience this as it was before HOWEVER when I logged in after last weeks patch all Boffs, Doffs, Traits and load outs had been cleared.

But since I loaded everything back up its worked fine.

Could this be part of the issue others are experiencing??
    JtaDmwW.png