test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tlhIngan maH

mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
edited February 2015 in Klingon Discussion
nugheH

I've long since been wanting to post my disdain for what has become of the Klingon Empire in this game. I wanted to fuel my rage with posts and replies as have so many others in the past. But I ask to what point? Will the devs listen or do they really ignore All posts regarding KDF? Sure I can go into how most KDF players feel left in the dust, due to the lack of support shown. We have nearly no new ships to show for in 2 yrs "2 in delta rising woot". Sure I can point out Feds get everything handed to them and go on and on about it. I wont though... its not worth my time or yours!

So many of our brothers and sisters have said why should I continue the fight and left the game? Why should I pick up the bat'leth? Instead dropping it for a phaser. Because we are Klingon thats why... We do not surrender, we will not go softly into thy night. Sto va kor awaits only the brave warriors. Now its true getting on the forums and calling out the devs will get us no where fast, and most KDF posts will be ignored and leave the players shooting zeros! But its the Klignon way to be loud and brash, and leave blood stains where ever we go. This is true but lets step outta that roll and telaport back into our corporeal forms and think this through. I think they will have to listen only when everyone see's the true power of the Klingon Empire!!!

So what I propose is simple, let us have a show of force. With a simple post of we are Klingons. Simply put "tlhIngan maH!" in a reply to this post. Let the numbers speak for themselves. Rally your KDF fleets, friends, and sworn enemies to come together under a unified banner of hope!

P.S. If you're KDF don't ignore this post, you'll only be dooming us to the voids of Gre'thor. If you don't like this post than start your own, I'm come there and pump it. Only thing that matters is we get heard and seen in force... Not use force to be seen!!!

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam

Qapla
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The rough truth to all of this is that when they did LoR it was a starting point to a new future with the KDF but season 8-9 and DR just washed all that hard work of LoR down the drain. I'll be honest though even after being a loyal player and mostly KDF player for 4+ years now and this is a lot more time than I should have ever given them to make good on the KDF the time for me waiting on them has passed. As well if this wasn't based on Star Trek I wouldn't have even given this game or companies any time of day because I'm not into grindfests. All mmorpgs have some sort of grind to them but there is an aspect of fun associated with them and with this game they have taken the fun out of it and just turned it into a job. I honestly with failure of DR do I have any doubt that the KDF will get much of any content in this years updates it'll just be a bunch of revamps and grindfests nobody wants which this simple ship transition TRIBBLE is proof of it lol.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You may be a Klingon. I'm a Lethean.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A strong show of solidarity can be useful in reminding those who read our posts that we are a viable player group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • brokentuskerbrokentusker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tlhIngan maH!
  • bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "The patient warrior is rewarded."

Kahless

Empire Rising:cool:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXTZRgHgvQ
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, it's nice to visit the regular gripe session again. I understand and completely agree that we are constantly receiving the short end of the stick. Not only that it costs more to maintain a Klink toon. Most items in the exchange are more expensive for the KDF. I know that this is due to dwindling number of players playing on our side of the story. They have this absurd view that the Empire in this forward future time based on the Star Trek Series are stupid and would never bring up the caliber of their ships to match those who threaten the Empire. That we always had lousy ships. They don't know that the Empire has been there with unbeatable ships when the people of Earth still were inventing the wheel. That the Rumulan Empire were impressed by our ships where they received many of them from us, and much later designed their ships based on ours. And for this gesture from the Empire they paid it back in supplying the Empire with their cloaking technology. The Empire thought little of giving them our ships in exchange for advanced tech. This is simply because to us it isn't the ship that wins the battle, but the Captain who runs it. We improved our ships by taking tech from the Gorn, the Nausicaans, and the Orion Syndicate, as well us from destroyed ships of our enemies, and we took them in as part of the Empire.

Now the United Federation of Planets have stolen our tech in exchange for theirs. The Empire would never agree to such an exchange. They have stolen what we considered were developed and taken as loot in space wars, items that made our ships different and stronger than theirs: Plasmonic Leach, Repair Platforms, to name a few. And what did we get in exchange for them?

It seems to show that Cryptic has decided to do these change....something that Q the almighty would never consider doing as it creates an inbalance in the universal continuum. Would the Empire agree to giving them away in exchange for 'Hewmon' tech? Never. What is Klingon design will always be Klingon. There are no "buts" about it. You should see the stoacademy gear layouts of the Fed ships who use our technology. Like the 2 mentioned above. On the other hand, I have not seen any KDF ships in that site where Fed technology is constantly needed.

There is no Honor in Cryptic for having us to pay for the Delta Pack in exchange for less items than the Fed. It's the same amount of currency for less goods. Are our items that superior that 2 items are worth so much more that we only get two as against 4?

I have been playing this game since Jan 2011, and things have been rather fair to all factions until recently.

There I have said my peace.

Behave, warriors, Dubej tlhIngan wo'
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nuqneH tlhIngan wo'. wej lo' wej, choHbe' mIw vIHechbogh parmaqqay.

welcome to the Klingon empire. get used to the lacking, it will be a constant companion.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The irony is that STO's game model is perfectly suited to the KDF but wildly adrift from Federation ideology.

I mean; beyond a few "specials" and some token diplomacy, you progress by prowess and endurance in unending combat. The great matters of the day - the threats of the Voth, Borg, Undine and Vaadwaur - are faced on the battlefield. The worth of a starship is its strength in combat. Research is all about better weapon systems.

The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Gazuntite.

Why can we not celebrate what makes KDF great, instead of pointing our fingers and the Feds and whining at everything they've got?

I have a Gorn science officer who runs riot in the Kazon Raider, and over the weekend I've levelled a new Orion engineering officer rocking his new Marauder T5U. With that much needed 3rd tac slot and pretty handy mastery perks the thing is a beast - it's keeping up fine with everyone else with green MK XII gear.

I prefer the content on offer, I prefer the looks and function of the ships, and the KDF identity is intact - whereas the Feds are mass murdering psycopaths masquerading as explorers and diplomats.

The only criticisms I have is that the copy n' paste habit of later missions don't always make sense, and there are still a few holes in the ship lineup. Both of which I can and do overlook.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And dead sexy too. >=3

:eek: Wouldn't that make you Kobali?

Sorry... :o
    staq16 wrote: »
    The irony is that STO's game model is perfectly suited to the KDF but wildly adrift from Federation ideology.

I mean; beyond a few "specials" and some token diplomacy, you progress by prowess and endurance in unending combat. The great matters of the day - the threats of the Voth, Borg, Undine and Vaadwaur - are faced on the battlefield. The worth of a starship is its strength in combat. Research is all about better weapon systems.

The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.

This is why I prefer playing KDF/KDF-aligned; even the mediocre Exploration system has been removed, leaving very little that properly feels like playing a Starfleet captain, despite much of the dialog being written for Federation players.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the replies but I want to point out I asked for a simple reply not more rants and sarcastic remarks! This is to show support for the KDF side thats it. If you have something to say please post it yourself in the forums. Thank you...

So what I propose is simple, let us have a show of force. With a simple post of we are Klingons. Simply put "tlhIngan maH!" in a reply to this post. Let the numbers speak for themselves. Rally your KDF fleets, friends, and sworn enemies to come together under a unified banner of hope!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I support more Klingon and affiliate content. I started playing STO because I wanted to play a Klingon, only to discover that, back then, you couldn't until you reached level 20 (I think?) with a Starfleet character. As soon as it was possible I played a Klingon, but sadly DR and the upgrade system kinda put a nail in that coffin. My Klingon has no T5U-ship upgrade and no upgraded gear and sadly it's not my "primary" character anymore for a long time due to the lack of content and worthy endgame ships (I mean canon ships are handled bad for Feds as well, but on KDF side there is really no canon ship that's really good with one exception and that only because it can use the Vor'Cha skin, yet is another ship). I do however have the most fun with my Klingon in ground combat, since gear mark doesn't really matter here :) Sadly, I never got my Targ handling kit :(
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited January 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Gazuntite.

do you have some? I need some badly for crafting!!! :P

R.I.P
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    nuqneH tlhIngan wo'. wej lo' wej, choHbe' mIw vIHechbogh parmaqqay.

welcome to the Klingon empire. get used to the lacking, it will be a constant companion.

majQa'
    starswordc wrote: »
    You may be a Klingon. I'm a Lethean.

Also this.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tlhIngan maH fellow warrior!

Qapla'!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Inspired by a remark across on the PVP boards...

This thread should not die. The KDF should reclaim its birthright.

How about this:

Next Day of Honour, instead of moping about Qo'nos, ever purple-blooded Klingon, fearsome Gorn, wily Orion, mysterious Lethean and ferocious Ferasan heads to Earth with their best ships and gear.

We surround Earth and, for whatever time can be spared, sit there and challenge passing Feds / Romulans to PVP. 1 on 1, 5 v 5, whatever they will float.

No doubt many of us will lose, especially if the elite PVP fleets turn up. I am very rusty and my Tac / Mat'ha - probably my best bet - is only halfway through Intel. But we will try, and die trying, and make the Federation know us. What more could a Warrior of the Empire ask for?
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Klingon Empire is dying; and I think it deserves to die.

I tend to look at the Empire with a little more skepticism than Curzon or Jadzia did. I see a society that is in deep denial about itself. We're talking about a warrior culture that prides itself on maintaining centuries old traditions of honor and integrity. But in reality, it's willing to accept corruption at the highest levels ... Ezri Dax
    edited February 2015
    garaks31 wrote: »

I tend to look at the Empire with a little more skepticism than Curzon or Jadzia did. I see a society that is in deep denial about itself. We're talking about a warrior culture that prides itself on maintaining centuries old traditions of honor and integrity. But in reality, it's willing to accept corruption at the highest levels ... Ezri Dax

Yes, because the human POV is the only sustainable way of life in the universe! :rolleyes:

BTW, you're waaaay of topic with this rp here - this was more about the KDF player community than the Empire in Star Trek.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tlhIngan maH!

I have toons on both sides... but vastly prefer KDF
    LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE (because my Orion loves manipulating it. Feds are too easy... just flash some thigh and they roll over and practically throw dilithium and the command codes to their ships at you. Silly boys).

Qapla'!:cool:
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    BTW, you're waaaay of topic with this rp here - this was more about the KDF player community than the Empire in Star Trek.

what i meant is the KDF community could do things to increase their numbers podcast ,live streams ,foundry episodes ... i just like to comment with quotes.

Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory and ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2015
    what i meant is the KDF community could do things to increase their numbers podcast ,live streams ,foundry episodes ... i just like to comment with quotes.

Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory and ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat. :rolleyes:

Ah well, KDF people are actually working on something like that currently, seen in >this thread<.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Why can we not celebrate what makes KDF great, instead of pointing our fingers and the Feds and whining at everything they've got?

It's not what the Feds got (and we don't), it's what was lost via Dev.
    Lost to Fed players with single toons and no desire to suffer their chosen sky deity's wrath by creating a KDF alt to play with the Redside's shiny stuffs.

Not to mention PvP...
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tlhIngan maH!

I am Shanara, daughter of Thotok, of the house of Koloth! I fight for my house and for the empire, I defeat my enemies in glorious combat, I am a hero of the empire and I will gladly shed my blood for my people! Qapla!

The only reason V'Mar is my current primary is because he is the most progressed and I have toons for all factions because I like to explore faction-specific content. One day the son of Koloth will be my primary.
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015

You will find me fighting in the vanguard as I board your PATHETIC Starfleet vessel fighting your feeble crew who will cower in fear before me and I shall slay you with my own hand

In other words: GTFO :mad:
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
    edited February 2015
    The Devs do not seem to care so why should I?

R.I.P
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Yes, because the human POV is the only sustainable way of life in the universe! :rolleyes:

Actually if that's a quote from Ezri Dax, then its a Trill PoV, not a human one. ;)

But I do play my Klingon alt for the storyline missions to see the differences and different content as well as the main purpose of farming dil and contraband for my main Fed characters. I also roleplay in a KDF roleplaying fleet with her too. Its pretty fun.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Actually if that's a quote from Ezri Dax, then its a Trill PoV, not a human one. ;)

She was also apparently wrong, in STOs lore the Klingon Empire is at its strongest since the Praxis incident. Say what you want about J'empok but he has done what his predecessors could not.