test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D special level 15 items and doffs

stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
OK, I got to level 15 in all crafting schools. At the time, drops for very rare material were in fact very rare. Now, we get at least one from Advance PvE, if we manage to succeed. And there still the problem that you need to do specific PvE to get the right ones.

But still, I decided to try to craft a [arc] beam array. But I missing an officer? I have multiple energy weapon officers. So I told myself maybe I need a very rare and bought one. But no. So I search a bit on internet and found that I need an officer with the ability R&D beam array. OK, where do I find it? The answer, you may have a chance to get one from R&D assistance. Or maybe from some boxes that you need to buy with Zen. Or you need to know the name of the officer, find it on the exchange and pay the multi-million credits to buy it.

So, Cryptic, do you really want use to do crafting or not. Because I surely will not with all the restrictions.
Post edited by stephane2258 on

Comments

• tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2dscos/level_15_crafting_doffs_get_schooled/

list of doff names you need.

On exchange the commons are about 1-2 mil each. Its not too bad.
  • baseballdad1127baseballdad1127 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tgo533 wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2dscos/level_15_crafting_doffs_get_schooled/

list of doff names you need.

On exchange the commons are about 1-2 mil each. Its not too bad.

The Doff you are looking for is Drolid. He runs about 40mil EC on the exchange.
    He comes from a Xindi lock box
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    54 Million EC today.
    westmetals wrote: »
    There are also white ones (which you can get from the academy missions that take dilithium). The beam weapons ones are the most expensive (I've noticed); earlier today a fleetmate told me they were listed at 10 mil on the exchange.

There's actually eight types (one for each school and one for the Aegis item set). They are ONLY needed for the item projects that unlock at level 15.

All other crafting projects - other items, upgrades, components - just require a doff of the proper profession (as you initially guessed).

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I know you're right of course, it's just an absolutely ridiculous concept on the face of it. Unless the level 15 schools unlock a mission that issues the DOFF as a reward it's insane.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • illumin8torillumin8tor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am also trying to obtain duty officers for the crafting of Level 15 projects. While these projects require the use of a specific R&D duty officer, I am not receiving to much feedback on the requisitioning of said duty officers.
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am also trying to obtain duty officers for the crafting of Level 15 projects. While these projects require the use of a specific R&D duty officer, I am not receiving to much feedback on the requisitioning of said duty officers.

There is a recruiting mission at Starfleet Academy (in building with history test, the pretty lady in the cubical with the cat guy). Pretty sure it is 1k dil to run it, and will sometimes award one of the required common doffs.

Best of luck.
    Are we there yet?
    edited January 2015
    There is a recruiting mission at Starfleet Academy (in building with history test, the pretty lady in the cubical with the cat guy). Pretty sure it is 1k dil to run it, and will sometimes award one of the required common doffs.

Best of luck.

Request R&D Assistance.

Run it on as many characters as possible. Somehow my Fed Romulan ended up with three R&D Engineering Doffs randomly...one was for a KDF somehow.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Depending on what you want to do its cheaper to just buy the item you want from the exchange and forget about crafting it yourself at least thats what i did when i first realized this mess^^
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Request R&D Assistance.

Run it on as many characters as possible. Somehow my Fed Romulan ended up with three R&D Engineering Doffs randomly...one was for a KDF somehow.
    I read in another thread that the Doff console on New Romulus version of R&D Assistance never awards a doff. This makes sense from a 'double-dip' point of view in that Roms can also do the mission at SFA or Qo'nos, but dadgummit I'm tired of not being able to get Romulan doffs.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I read in another thread that the Doff console on New Romulus version of R&D Assistance never awards a doff. This makes sense from a 'double-dip' point of view in that Roms can also do the mission at SFA or Qo'nos, but dadgummit I'm tired of not being able to get Romulan doffs.

I have recieved DOFFs from the Rommy one. As with the KDF and Fed one it is random, the only thing is, and what may make some think it never gives a DOFF is that it gives a Fed or KDF DOFF and not a Rommy one.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Yep. The come from a lockbox from previous content, not the current one.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    I have recieved DOFFs from the Rommy one. As with the KDF and Fed one it is random, the only thing is, and what may make some think it never gives a DOFF is that it gives a Fed or KDF DOFF and not a Rommy one.
    Sometimes BOTH! Seriously.... Rom R&D is bugged and gives both Fed and KDF doffs to Romulan players. enh, they're not bound(except Gumarre) so I can sell them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2015
    What Marhawkman said.

Agreed though, actual Romulan Republic species doffs are far to much of a minority.
    westmetals wrote: »
    There are no Romulan crafting DOFFs.

I may be the one who posted in the other thread you're refrring to, and if I'm in error (per the other poster here saying it is giving Fed/KDF doffs instead) then i apologize. I've never noticed that to be the case though.
    But he's right it's sad. There are Romulan scientists why wouldn't there be Romulan specific Crafting personnel. Aside from the aforementioned double dip. But even then I can run both so it makes no difference whether they're Federation or Republic, SO...why can't we have more Romulan Doffs?
    Sometimes BOTH! Seriously.... Rom R&D is bugged and gives both Fed and KDF doffs to Romulan players. enh, they're not bound(except Gumarre) so I can sell them.

So that's what happened. Well I'm fine with that as it allows me to staff my Klingon faster. :)
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I haven't come across that one, but I have come across the one here the DOFF has no R&D school. Only happens to me on the Rommy mission not the other two.

I wish I could give away Gumarre as I have no interest in crafting Aegis set. Even being able to dump him in fleet projects would be nice.