test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill Tree Stealth Question

mattack13mattack13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Klingon Discussion
Ok, so I am getting ready to respec my Klingon character.

My primary focus is space PvP. My question is, do people spec for stealth? If so, how heavily? I'd love to hear from some experienced PvPers, but would appreciate input from any long time Klingon warriors.

I mostly play fed (don't stone me) and of course don't spec stealth at all on that side. I am getting more into my Klingon character of late and know basically what I want to do, I am just unsure how important putting points into stealth is for cloaking tactics.

Thanks for reading.
Post edited by mattack13 on

Comments

• qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The pvp threads may hold better success for you if you find nothing else here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mattack13 wrote: »
    do people spec for stealth?

Often times ... no ... because doing so FEELS LIKE spitting into the ocean.
    mattack13 wrote: »
    If so, how heavily?

Standard answer: 3 (+54), 6 (+84) or 9 (+99) points.

Mind you, the most common spec is for 0 (+0) Stealth.

Reason being is that Stealth Skill on a Captain is one of the most inefficient (and costly!) ways of increasing your Stealth stat. A single Nausicaan Bridge Officer will increase your Stealth by +150. Yes, you read that right. A single Bridge Officer with a Pirate Trait adds more Stealth than you can ever get from spending Skill Points as a Captain (at 2500 skill xp a pop!).

Also, Stealth SKILL does not get multiplied (as opposed to added to) by AUX Power. Pretty much all of the Stealth Detection stuff multiplies with increasing AUX Power, while Stealth merely adds with increasing AUX Power.

Oh and what do you get for a max +99 points in Stealth from pumping up the skill to 9? You impair the detection range of hostiles by an additional 0.0198 km. No, that's not a typo. Spending 9 skill pumps (22,500 skill points!) for +99 in Stealth improves your Cloak by ... less than 0.02 km at all AUX Power settings. Feel the return on investment!! :mad:
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To add to what's been said so far:

1. The +Stealth from BOFFs doesn't stack (last time I checked at least, if things have changed, feel free to let me know)
    2. Don't waste time with +Stealth consoles
    3. +Stealth bonuses from various pieces of unique equipment (see: Romulan rep space sets) and some BOFF abilities (see: EPTA) don't work

Even if all of that did work and stack, I doubt it'd truly be that effective, and you'd be putting so much towards it, you'd be weaker everywhere else as a result.

Besides, NPCS don't care about your stealth anyways, and see you no matter what. I know PvP is what you want to focus on, but stealth only serves as a deterrant in PvE, and if someone really wants to, they will have WAY more means of detecting you, and all of those ways actually work.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So is there any benefit of having more than one Nausicaan as an active BOFF?

If not for the Stealth maybe for more damage?

Thanks to anyone that can answer with the understanding of this particular game mechanic!
    edited January 2015
    cem3212 wrote: »
    So is there any benefit of having more than one Nausicaan as an active BOFF?

If not for the Stealth maybe for more damage?

Thanks to anyone that can answer with the understanding of this particular game mechanic!

Oh yes, you should totally have more Nausicaans equipped, as that +Damage does stack (and it's quite a good boost I might add). But only non-tac Nausicaans. If you have tac slots, equip Tac Romulan BOFFs with SRO from the Embassy (if you can) as that is a better option with their +Crit, IMO.

And that +Damage is for all damage, not just weapons. So no matter how big or how small, it will help.

Also, before what I said about the +Stealth from BOFFs not stacking. I meant ALL BOFFs that can provide that. Romulans, Remans, and Nausicaans, their +Stealth will not stack.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's annoying that after all this time they still have fixed the Deflectors or EPtA stuff...would have thought they might have done that as they added more cloak ships to their favored Feds.
    edited January 2015
    It's annoying that after all this time they still have fixed the Deflectors or EPtA stuff...would have thought they might have done that as they added more cloak ships to their favored Feds.

That's a very good point, VD, but I think I know why they wouldn't:

Doing that would help Feds, true, BUT it would still help out all the non-Feds (KDF, KDF-Roms, and yes, even Fed-aligned Roms) WAY more, so they couldn't allow that to happen.
  • mattack13mattack13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for all the helpful replies.

So, it seems that the consensus is don't bother speccing for stealth, which is great 'cause that lets me be stronger in other areas.

Slap in a Nasusican or a Rom BOFF with SUP subterfuge and I'll call it a day. Huzzahh!!!