test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill Tree Stealth Query

mattack13mattack13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Ok, so I am getting ready to respec my Klingon and Rom characters.

My primary focus is space PvP. My question is, do people spec for stealth? If so, how heavily? I'd love to hear from some experienced PvPers, but would appreciate input from anybody who has even PvE experience and input to offer on the value of putting points into stealth.

I mostly play fed (don't tase me bro) and of course don't spec stealth at all on that side. I am getting more into my alt characters of late and know basically what I want to do, I am just unsure how important putting points into stealth is for cloaking tactics. Besides general advice, I'd like to know if there are specific effects from putting points into stealth (reduced battlecloak cooldown, etc.)

Thanks for reading.
Post edited by mattack13 on

Comments

• Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Try having a look here http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skill%20Point%20Effects.htm

Then read this post regarding stealth detection made by a dev http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8504891&postcount=5

Try to see yourself if it's worth for you, considering how high your aux level is going to be. Honestly, I don't think more than three points are worth the price: T4 skills are pricey, and should not be considered at all if playing Fed.

Stealth skill only improves your cloak strength making you harder to detect: Romulan operatives can cut cloak cooldown.
  • Options
    mattack13mattack13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's a big help, thanks. It seems in line with what I suspected- high aux power and rom boffs seem easy ways to boost stealth, as opposed to those valuable T4 skill points. I will, then CONSIDER putting 3 points into stealth (Rom and Klink side only obviously), but no more. I tend to run drain builds with AUX power settings starting around 75 pre-leech, pre-energy siphon, so I think it is probably worth taking a chance with spending those skill points elsewhere.:D