test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Dilithium Costs

rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Fleet System and Holdings
Considering the increased amount content within the game that requires dilithium, Fleet members (especially in smaller Fleets) are becoming reluctant to invest their refined Dilithium into Fleet projects.

To alleviate this, I propose Fleet Projects require Dilithium Ore instead of Refined Dilithium.

This would allow Smaller Fleets to advance holdings without taking too much Dilithium from players who would like to use it acquire/upgrade gear.
Post edited by rimmarie on

Comments

• Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    refined or raw... either way, reduce the amount required to something more reasonable
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That actually sounds like a reasonable idea. (As in it accounts for both developer and player concerns.)

The dilithium still had to be earned, and while it would no longer be subject to the per-character timers of refining (player concern), it'd still be subject to the 20hr project completion timer (developer concern).
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Already proposed, and ain't gona happen. (as in no official response)

They WANT you to spend real money on getting ZEN then converting it to Dil. for the SB system.

If, and big IF, they allowed ore instead, they would just multiply the amount needed by 150.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't expect them to do anything with starbases.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    comic1996comic1996 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Already proposed, and ain't gona happen. (as in no official response)

They WANT you to spend real money on getting ZEN then converting it to Dil. for the SB system.

If, and big IF, they allowed ore instead, they would just multiply the amount needed by 150.

This has nothing to do with zen. This has to do with just using unrefined ore instead of refined ore.
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rimmarie wrote: »
    Considering the increased amount content within the game that requires dilithium, Fleet members (especially in smaller Fleets) are becoming reluctant to invest their refined Dilithium into Fleet projects.

To alleviate this, I propose Fleet Projects require Dilithium Ore instead of Refined Dilithium.

This would allow Smaller Fleets to advance holdings without taking too much Dilithium from players who would like to use it acquire/upgrade gear.

There are a lot fleets out there, if 5 People mean they Need a own fleet they should try - but why a Discount? If u don't able to invest time u Need Money, if u are low on both don't run a fleet.

it is realy that simple
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    comic1996 wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with zen. This has to do with just using unrefined ore instead of refined ore.

You missed the point.

They want you to spend real money for ZEN to convert to Dil, so you'll spend THAT dil on your starbase projects.

Plus it's already been suggested that ORE be used instead, on multiple posts, it's not going to happen ever.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Perhaps if the Fleet Mine is at Tier 2 then Unrefined can be donated. You know you have all those Reman Miners running around so they could handle the refinement behind the scenes so to speak.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The problem doesn't have to do with which type of Dilithium you are willing to spend.There are several other factors that are the problem.

The credit for Dilithium ratio is to low,right now it's 2 to 1.

For maxed level fleets donating Dilitium doesn't benefit your fleet,or help it grow.With the low ratio you are basically throwing it away.

New upgrading system,for those who want to have the nice equipment for your ship,your Dilithuim is need more for that.

More demand for Dilithium in the game.Mostly for those with no patience.High costs for finishing upgrades and R&D projects instantly.

Refinement cap still only 8000 per 20 hours.Subscribing veterans get a 1000 boost per day.those with a high enough Dilithium mine get a 500 boost per day.Still the boost aren't enough to offset the growing list of uses for refined Dilithium.

So the only thing that changing from refined to unrefined will do,is now you can dump more of your stockpile for the same dismal rewards.
  • Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rimmarie wrote: »

I agree with other posters, not going to happen. Believe me I'm a member of a "young" Fleet,
    and I would love to see it. Also consider all the exsiting "elder" Fleets that have soldiered through
    these hurdles. Kind of diminishes thier achievments, do'nt you think? ;)

BCW. :)
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BAD BAD BAD Idea!!! I'll quite if they do that I cannot buy that for one. For 2 the higher amounts would take forever. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]