test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back R&D on freighters!

chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Bring back the R&D station on the freighters!
Make it so that using the R&D station on the freighters do some of these or all of them.

This would be for crafting and upgrading items.
1. Gives more R&D points towards the category level
2. Decreases the dilithium cost for timers,components,items and gear upgrades.
3. Give a percentage increase to the crafting chance for critical success.
4. Upgrading gear gives quality chance increase.
5. Reduce the amount of material or components needed for a project.

Any of these would make the freighters desirable again and make money from the promo packs that have the Tuffli and Sulibon Cell ships in them. Because as of now they are 99% useless!

Every player would want a freighter if it did something like this for crafting = money for Perfect World and Cryptic.
lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
Post edited by chitowngrizz420 on

Comments

• Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Getting better research on freighter over a state of the art Starship? i dont thats the correct direction for the freighters ,
    A better Idea might be using the freighters to acquire R & D Materials is a better idea by running doff missions to get a chance of some of the rare or ultra rare materials would be better IMO .
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nobody wants to go through multiple loading screens to do crafting on a bridge interior.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Nobody wants to go through multiple loading screens to do crafting on a bridge interior.

How is one loading screen to get into the ship interior multiple loading screens?
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    freighters need this back they had doff missions that could not be found anywhere else

I support this!
    been a gold player since may 20th 2014
    o:)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    How is one loading screen to get into the ship interior multiple loading screens?

Depending on where you are, it may take up to 2 loading screens just to get into a map where you're allowed to switch ships. Then you switch to the freighter, 1 loading screen to enter the bridge, another to exit it, another ship swap to get back into a useful ship and then you gotta go back to where you started from...let's just say I'd rather just click the R&D tab on the doff window.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Enh, freighters could be useful if they had doff missions for buying stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Depending on where you are, it may take up to 2 loading screens just to get into a map where you're allowed to switch ships. Then you switch to the freighter, 1 loading screen to enter the bridge, another to exit it, another ship swap to get back into a useful ship and then you gotta go back to where you started from...let's just say I'd rather just click the R&D tab on the doff window.

If you didn't want to go to Memory Alpha thats what you had to do for crafting before.
    I would load 5 screens if thats what it would take to get bonuses and or discounts for crafting on a freighter.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Would make freighters useful and relevant again. I approve.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Freighters are useless as ships. There is no trading/cargo transport mechanic in the game, so they're just containers for a bridge map. No amount of addons to the bridge map can make the ship itself useful.

Would be better to just remove the freighters and replace them with packs that unlock extra bridge functions and transwarp destinations for your other ships.

And then put in a link in the drop-down menu after "visit bridge" that lets us access them all directly. Because convenience is better than loading screens.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Freighters have a bank,exchange,mail,cheap commodities,unique doff missions and it did have a R&D station. All things that can not be found on any other ships. That is what they where created for. So they are more than just a plain bridge map. The game has the ability to make certain maps bonus reward zones so why not the freighters for R&D?
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community