What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cross-Faction Teaming

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    it would actually be kind of cool to see that map as a PvP/PvE combination map. Maybe reskin the NPC's as some despicable scumbag types.

Alternately...

setting up something like those old, long-forgotten dailies, where que'ing for it actually was worth the time to play it...

say, pair it with the "(Faction) Minefield" space mission, play it once a day for a big dilithium payout, but if you play BOTH successfully, you get the daily payout AND a bonus payout.

y'know, once a day.
    Well, that sounds nice... but.... I'm not sure it'd improve the mission. You'd STILL need a team of 5 feds(or KDF) to start it.

It'd make for a really fun pvp map though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Then why isn't there cross faction teaming? :P

Because they originally wanted to make a two faction game and that's the way it's coded into the game. But effectively we aren't getting faction exclusive content anymore and PvP is not a "priority" anyway (Translation: Lol don't care ;) ) so it would make sense to change the game accordingly.

STO like you have it today is some kind of Frankenstein's Monster, patched together parts of abandoned and half-developed ideas and the good doctor and his intentions also completely changed like four times over the course of the game's existence.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We'll I see there is some confusion as to when, what and who would be effected by cross faction teaming...

I am suggesting teaming after the alliance is formed... Not before.. And only faction neutral ques...
    Like a few people have pointed out..it just would not make much sense to allow cross faction teaming everywhere ...

Pvp does need a toon up...I agree...but keep in mind also karrat has a daily and a weekly already..and players going in there just todo the map not fight always have something to say..since some of the pvp players are there to fight not do the map....right so another pvp/pve map...I don't think we'll see that any time soon..but you made a few good points ....

I hope we can keep on the topic and come up with great suggestions that who knows someone will take a look at and say ..they have a point...

Thank guys for joining the thread...
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For the minefield and other Queues where you fight the Feds or Klingons if you have a mixed team maybe they could change the opening text to say that you're really doing some kind of War Games simulation like the Fed vs Fed and Klink vs Klink PvP senarios do.
    edited January 2015
    For the minefield and other Queues where you fight the Feds or Klingons if you have a mixed team maybe they could change the opening text to say that you're really doing some kind of War Games simulation like the Fed vs Fed and Klink vs Klink PvP senarios do.

That's a great idea..maybe instead of mine field it could just be called war games.....
    edited January 2015
    But that's the thing, just because some things would make sense to offer crossfaction teaming doesn't mean that other things would be touched....wouldn't make sense to do so.

The "end" of the war started pretty early in the storyline, but there are are still those missions/episodes/things to do which wouldn't make sense to have crossfaction.

Feds joining the KDF for Empire Defense against the Feds? As you mentioned, KDF joining Feds for SB24? There's all sorts of early stuff where it wouldn't make sense for players to do that.

So true....but..maybe the suggested unlock can be made to exclude those missions... Because I totally agree that cross faction teaming doesn't make spence in certain instances..
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can do a crossfaction teaming for PvE Queues. If you have a full 5 man team, you go to the PvE Queue window, click Create Private, select the map, and the invite players you want.
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Because they originally wanted to make a two faction game and that's the way it's coded into the game. But effectively we aren't getting faction exclusive content anymore and PvP is not a "priority" anyway (Translation: Lol don't care ;) ) so it would make sense to change the game accordingly.

STO like you have it today is some kind of Frankenstein's Monster, patched together parts of abandoned and half-developed ideas and the good doctor and his intentions also completely changed like four times over the course of the game's existence.

I some of the growing pains that this game is facing everyday...I really do hope a dev takes a close look at what's being written here...

When like to see a Romulan was first announced supposedly if you were Romulan it didn't matter if you were federation or clink you could team later after the release date they said they just couldn't do it.

Well..this would in away solve the Romulan issues as well...

Pvp needs an overhaul without a doubt.....

The que system has spread players thin...and like some mentioned ..the time to reward aspect needs to be looked at..yes ..I totally agree...

Cross faction teaming is fun..the guys and I do it all the time..we do it to run balanced teams..and although my fed rommie tac brings does..my sci kdf brings healing and outrages gravimetric's to the table...

Even if PWE codes it so we can do it...they also have to come up with a list of what's excluded...something that someone wrote on the suppose that makes a lot of sense...

The idea of offering special rewards to do a certain amount of dailies in a certain order and give a bonus reward is not something new to games ..swtor now does it and if I'm not mistaken so does wow....

But one thing is for sure guys if we can come together and help this team get better then as it stands it's just an endless Grind..right get to 60 plus the 120 or so voles to get you specialization done ow and each and every new ship has its own mastery so that's another 5 levels per ship...

Cross-faction teaming is not in anyway a solution for the way the game is...but it is a step in the right direction...

This used to be a great MMO...at one time...but mistakes happen I mean we are a part of the first real RPG / MMO to go free to play...

So keep the suggestions coming...I'm known to be a trouble maker....lol.. So I know sooner or later someone will read all of our suggestions and maybe we will find a few implemented into the game..

Cross-faction teaming..I vote yes..
    edited January 2015
    Hrmmm, I went from never getting pops (usually from falling asleep while waiting) to getting pops...

...just because other things were then done to kill them doesn't change that.

The PVP ques are a beast within it's own cave..

PvP is devided by ranks or (lvl's ..i.e. 10..20-30.40. 50. & now 60) but it may be something asides from cross faction teaming needed to revive pvp...

The game has this endless grind in the background now a days, it seems .. so most folks are trying to get up his/her specialzation tree or pilot tree.. so beyond 60 there are another 80 or so lvl's..

PvP players are the best of the best I know....
    But with all these different kinds or marks the player base it sperd out really thin.. some ques aren't even used any more...

With all the above being said..the pvp dailies do not offer enough insentive/s for a player to take time out of his/her day...

I agree the ques need work and if i'm not mistaken Trendy had a thread on this topic...

This thread is addressing mainly PVE ques that are not faction oriented and it would tha effect after the allience is formed not before...

Cross-Faction teaming could save ques like fleet deffence for example that is almost never used but pays well ..

We aren't getting faction spesfic story lines any more and some of the mark ques are dead..

What I am suggesting it Cross-Faction teaming to help populate the PVE ques and also a bit of fun on any mission after the allience has been formed....

But I do Feel you on PVP..I miss it as well ..