test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increase mark submssion limit

dcboy57dcboy57 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Reputation System
Submitting only 50 marks each time is a pain, especially when I've to turn in thousands of marks on multiple characters.

Please fix the issue, thank you. :rolleyes:
Post edited by dcboy57 on

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dcboy57 wrote: »
    Submitting only 50 marks each time is a pain, especially when I've to turn in thousands of marks on multiple characters.

Please fix the issue, thank you. :rolleyes:

As far as I know this isn't a"issue" tha trequires a "Fix" it is more of a quality of life improvement needed to allow us to donate more than 50 marks at a time because you ar right it does become annoying but isn't a game breaking bug.

I would like this added to game however I am willing to wait for them to get the time and not tinker with something that isn't broke.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    agreed, note I don't mind that I have to wait a long time to get the conversion done so if I turn in a thousand marks i'm ok with waiting for 200 x n seconds to get the result... but the constant click fill submit is a dull make work chore
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So basically, you want to submit all 900 Marks at once, and you would be perfectly fine with the resulting 20 day countdown?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The whole marks conversion system makes no sense. Why do we have to click 8 times and wait 15 seconds for every 50 excess marks? What does that accomplish, besides turning what should be a 10 second action into a full-time job?

Better options, in order of betterness:
    1. A cap we can set for each type of mark, above which the marks will be automatically be converted to dilithium ore.
    2. A box somewhere we can type in the number of marks and convert them all at once.
    3. A "500 dilithium ore" item in the rep stores that costs 50 marks, with that slider that lets you buy 100 at a time, for easily converting up to 5,000 marks. (this can be done with the existing UI)
    4. As above but without the slider. We could still hold down Ctrl and rapidly click the "buy" button to convert with a somewhat reasonable amount of time, effort and mouse button wear. (this is the way it worked pre-reputation, with the Borg encrypted chips)
    5. Multiple larger conversion projects (something like 500/1,000/5,000), with or without proportional increase to the countdown timer.

And yes, #5 would still be worth it even with a highly disproportionate increase to the countdown. The proportional rate would be 25 minutes for a 5,000 mark project (15/50 = 0.3s per mark), so even a 10x rate would be perfectly workable.

As for a 200x rate...well that would be 1 minute per mark, about 3 and a half days for 5,000...I'd still take it. It would just once again raise the question of what does it accomplish, of why players should be encouraged to spend all their time converting them 50 at a time.
  • simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree it would be nice to put in more than 50 at a time. If you want a quick easy fix make another upgrade mission that takes 500 marks and converts them. That way we get 50 and 500 at a time. No change required in anything just another mission to add to the list.

By the way, not sure where the person that said turning in 1000 marks has a 20 day cooldown, even a 20 hour cool down, learned his math but I hope he is only flipping burgers. That math is scary.