test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infirmary on DS9 and Sickbay

patcrowpatcrow Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Please add an infirmary to DS9. When I or my bridge officers get injured, I'd like to a sickbay of some sort rather then some shady med tech hanging around the Exchange computers.

Also, all ships have a sickbay. Why can't we do some healing in our own sickbays. Would be nice to add that ability.

Thanks
Post edited by patcrow on

Comments

• Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would love a complete revamp of DS9. I miss the sickbay, the security office and a more exact detail of the the Quarks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Garak's tailor shop where we can change our outfits instead of a small room next to the beam in site. :D The habitat rings with all the quarters, be able to go to the upper pylons, holosuits at Quark's, all interesting places to go.
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree. A full fledged space station, and the only medic is camped out in the cargo bay? lame.

Garrek's old tailor shop under local management. Odo's old office. The Sickbay. All nice additions to me made, I think.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just the other day I "beamed" to my ship's interior thinking I could heal my injuries there... who knew the doctor in my sick bay only wanted to offer me DOFF missions.

It seems like an obvious function to add injury healing to the ship's sickbay... and maybe ship repairs to the engineering dept.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rumour has it that they're redoing ds9. Hopefully for the next release
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    rumour has it that they're redoing ds9. Hopefully for the next release

Rumor has it wrong. (as is so often the case)

I've talked, at length, about my desire to do so, but there is no work being done on a DS9 revamp at the moment.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dr. Bashir took the Infirmary with him when he decided to move on

And even the LMH said F- it and blew it up, like Garak's shop
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Rumor has it wrong. (as is so often the case)

I've talked, at length, about my desire to do so, but there is no work being done on a DS9 revamp at the moment.

dang it :(
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dang it :(

Indeed, but one thing about DS9 though is that despite having very awkwardly placed NPC contacts and badly designed functional areas it does still look like the DS9 from the show.

Granted, at the level of "a model someone built" (see. what the damn thing is in fact) but its still servicable as a stand in for a canon location (probably one of the most servicable non-revamped, pre-season 5 social hubs, I can only think of Qo'Nos as ranking higher.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    patcrow wrote: »
    Please add an infirmary to DS9. When I or my bridge officers get injured, I'd like to a sickbay of some sort rather then some shady med tech hanging around the Exchange computers.

Also, all ships have a sickbay. Why can't we do some healing in our own sickbays. Would be nice to add that ability.

Thanks

Unbelievable!!! You do know you can put "Components" in your bank that will HEAL you, your Boff's AND Components that will HEAL ship damage???

I can't even begin to count how many ppl I have immediately put on ignore, in and out of combat because they have come into an stf with so many damaged systems/wounds ranging from minor to critical.

Sad part is those ppl probably think those white, yellow, and red icons are some kind of buff.

Don't give dev's something else to think about ffs. So many other things, old, old thing still need to be addressed.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Please state the nature of the Medical Emergency.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    well, I'd like it expanded a little to include the infirmary and more canon aspects... but it is fairly good as it is.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I did like the nice personal touch in OPS that leads to Sisko's office, you see the Baseball still on his desk.

Cuz you know he'll be BACK... someday