test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starting a new fleet - most efficient upgrade/project path?

therealhippotherealhippo Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Fleet System and Holdings
So I'm starting a fleet from scratch for my personal enjoyment, a VERY long term goal, so Im not worried about time-scale. However I remember seeing a post somewhere, but I cant find it now, that details what order to complete tiers etc.

My plan is two fold:

Step One: Be able to generate provisions enabling me to purchase items when visiting other fleet bases.

Step Two: Keep doing Step One while slowly working on increasing tiers, over a couple of years.

I have several toons I can grind currency with and will probably purchase Zen/Dil for the larger upgrades.

So is there a best path to what I want to achieve? My first thought was get everything to T1 and then work from there.

Thanks in Advance.
Post edited by therealhippo on

Comments

• Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Get T1 in everything, and run any provision projects you need. Then focus exclusively on your Dilithium Mine to unlock the project requirement discounts before building up the other holdings. Good luck!
    :)
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most efficient? Don't do it.

I know you said that you're not worried about the long term time frame, but seriously, at this rate, STO might not be around by the time you'll be able to finish. It might be better to take all the money you'd spend on leveling a base and just outright buy a T2 base.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Get T1 in everything, and run any provision projects you need. Then focus exclusively on your Dilithium Mine to unlock the project requirement discounts before building up the other holdings. Good luck!

Great starting point.

The key to your fleets success is to have a structured approach to projects. We went the route of 1-2 projects per day, or live at one time. As a small fleet we encouraged players to take a balanced approach with donations - equal amounts of everything. If you wanted to dump fleet marks (this of course before the fleet mark dump projects came available), you had to match the same percentage in the other fields.

As an aside, this method created a community. We worked together.

We've been finished for over six months.

My only negative comment - given the astronomical costs involved, the massive new dilithium sinks courtesy of R&D, and the number of stagnant and unfinished fleets - why start a new one?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,355 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015

Wholeheartedly agree. I got my Starbase to T1 before the Dilithium Mine came out with the project discounts. I'm now concentrating exclusively on maxing the Dilithium Mine (now at T1) before continuing building up any other holdings. Good luck!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    boaz13boaz13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm very interested in joining.

I'm a Romulan Tactical Officer, Federation-aligned, looking for an active fleet that has its own TS3/Vent/Mumble/etc. I actually like to chat with guildies/fleeties/etc while playing online.

I enjoy the game, but I feel like I'm playing everything solo... which isn't as fun as it could be.

My character is Boaz@boaz13.
  • Options
    focslainfocslain Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually started what the OP has done, though I was delayed by another game getting more of my attention at the time.

Getting T1 then maxing the dilthium mine is the best way to go. There are several non-dilthium projects in the T0 level, hardest to get will be the doffs and shield batteries for the science. Had no issues with the other commodities.

One a side note it might be a good idea to get the personel officer also unlocked. This will allow you to use excess fleet credit (and if your building this thing yourself your going to have a lot) to get the doffs you need easier.
  • Options
    woufffwoufff Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also started a brand new fleet from scratch and one thing to avoid is to start the upgrade project where you need 27 pregrine fighters, I see no way to get them other then purchasing for hard zen in the store.
    Otherwise I don't think it'll take years, even all alone (as I am for the moment:()
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    woufff wrote: »
    I also started a brand new fleet from scratch and one thing to avoid is to start the upgrade project where you need 27 pregrine fighters, I see no way to get them other then purchasing for hard zen in the store.
    The project requires the Peregrine Hangar Pets [link] which you can buy for EC from the equipment vendor in the shipyard.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Absolutely this, and after that you can even choose to stop the progression, because you will be able to find what you need through fleet stores on NoP or other similar channels, via map invite ;).