test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

doff assignments of bridge officiers

origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
with the revamp of the bridge officier system. under the doff system where you have assignments- first officier, medical, operational, tactical, etc. you forgot to add intel and what ever to the system.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    with the revamp of the bridge officier system. under the doff system where you have assignments- first officier, medical, operational, tactical, etc. you forgot to add intel and what ever to the system.

Except that each officer selected has associated with them a number of duty officer missions relevant to their station. The chief medical officer offers more medical assignments, your chief engineer offers more engineering assignments, and so on. As yet there are no assignments specifically associated with intelligence and command. I'm sure you could find some in the current pool of sector assignments, or create some more, but its not a very high priority add-on.

Cool, but there's other aspects of the Boff-Doff system that would be more worth the time/effort (such as creating more of a point in selecting certain boffs to certain stations.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The security officer department is concidered the intelligence department.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The security officer department is concidered the intelligence department.

Actually, based on ST canon it isn't. In DS9 Odo was the chief security officer and yet Worf was the station's intelligence officer (Bashir get's reassigned those parts of his duties when Worf joins Martok's BOP crew for an episode.) There are a few "intelligence-y" assignments offered by your security officer but there's also a few offered by the tactical officer too (ex. track fleet movements.) Intel is just a distinction that hasn't yet been made by the Doff system. Cryptic could make it (and this applies to command as well), but at this point it would arbitrarily slice available missions out of other departments. New content needs to be developed to make it worthwhile.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2015

i not even noticed that the department heads do anything since last doff changes
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)