test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Federation Mission: Getting Past Assimilation Mission

nasaspacepronasaspacepro Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Federation Discussion
Hi STO community, I was wondering how to get past the Guinea Pig objective on Assimilation. I am currently stuck on Guinea Pigs because I can't seem to kill the assimilated Undine. Does anybody know a effective strategy, shield, or weapon that can take out a assimilated Undine?
Post edited by nasaspacepro on

Comments

• Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The undine is just a tougher boss,

If you are struggling i would suggest try re-ballance you bridge officer skills/equipment

(depending on your captain profession too)

My general suggestion is:

2 science 2 tactical bridge officers

Skills sci:
    tachyon harmonic 1
    medical tricorder 2
    Vasular regenrator 2
    Nanite health monitor 1

Sci Gun:
    Split beam rifle

Tactical skills:
    photon grenade 1
    battle strategies 2
    surpressing fire 2
    overwatch 2

Tactical Weapon:
    Pulsewave

Armor/shields for all boffs:
    Energy dampening armor
    shields with (pla) or (pbkb) extra resistance/knockback proc

This is the generic layout i always use, it offers good healing, good debuffs and mixed expose/exploit potential on enemies :P

Hope these suggestions help! (Also if you are still stuck, you could ask someone to team up with you ^^)

edit:
    Forgot to mention if your new you can pick up most of this stuff at your home world (esd/qonos) vendors, but would suggest you use the exchange and shop around :P

It may cost you, but the generic build fits in most situations

second edit:
    I forgot to mention, its probably best to have a remodulator too (on all bridge officers) im fairly sure the uindine adapts too
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    nasaspacepronasaspacepro Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll try that, thank you for the reply.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Or just team. Ground enemies don't scale much if any based on team size.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I've found that the engi room of doom strategy tends to work.

There's a doorway you walk through to confront the undine. Take 3 engi's and a sci with you, and have then running something like the following:

Shield Recharge 1, Turret Fabrication 1, Chroniton mines 3, Quantum Moarter fabrication 2

with just heals all over the sci.

Drop the mines right in the doorway, the turrets right after, and the quantum's a bit back. Bait the undine through the room, and he'll get nearly one-shotted by the mines alone, and the turrets and moarters will help burn him down while the sci heal heals and 3x shield recharge keep at least you alive.

I've done this tactic usually as an engi, so I also have shield recharge, mines, the embassy beam turret, quantum moarter, and a 5th module that changes between things like transphasic bomb and seeker drone but would probably best be served by the second turret, the one from the undine kit boxes.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've found that the engi room of doom strategy tends to work.

There's a doorway you walk through to confront the undine. Take 3 engi's and a sci with you, and have then running something like the following:

Shield Recharge 1, Turret Fabrication 1, Chroniton mines 3, Quantum Moarter fabrication 2

with just heals all over the sci.

Drop the mines right in the doorway, the turrets right after, and the quantum's a bit back. Bait the undine through the room, and he'll get nearly one-shotted by the mines alone, and the turrets and moarters will help burn him down while the sci heal heals and 3x shield recharge keep at least you alive.

I've done this tactic usually as an engi, so I also have shield recharge, mines, the embassy beam turret, quantum moarter, and a 5th module that changes between things like transphasic bomb and seeker drone but would probably best be served by the second turret, the one from the undine kit boxes.

one-shotted by the mines? I am Lvl 60 now an dloved to play that mission (good rewards). I use an all Engi Away Team With (incl. me) 4 Turrets, 3 mortars and 5 mines and Medical generators.

I place the mortars at the first door right, the Medi generators left and move into the Hallway, ther i place the turrets. THen i move forward, slowly so i don´t trigger the Undine" and as soon as i crossed the "trigger line2 and get the messagee form myBOffs that there is an Undine in the room i place 5 sets of mines and mobe back becausee the Undine is coming.

But the Mines don´t make much damage, not even with the Delta Rep. Ability that disables shields. The Undine survives and heals himself and then he uses his fluidic wrist lance Why does he need a Wrist Lance? Undine Borg are already strong enough
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I never had much trouble with this. Just make sure that your boffs remodulate their weapons (and you do as well) and go all out damage dealing away team. At least two engineers thar use pets (drones and turrets), a tac with a plasma grenade and a medic sci (all healing abilities) should do the trick and depending on your class you either provide more pets or more grenades / damage buffs or dots, debuffs and damage as a sci.

The only thing that makes the boss stand out is the assimilation beam which you counter with the immune suppressor hypospray or the medical nanite science ability (on your char or on boffs).

All your boffs should be equipped to the maximum level, as in mk xii weapons and shields/armour. On one alt that was heavily undergeared because I got tired of grinding stuff I had mild problems since my boffs dies rather fast because I hadn't upgraded their gear past mk vii :o
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    one-shotted by the mines? I am Lvl 60 now an dloved to play that mission (good rewards). I use an all Engi Away Team With (incl. me) 4 Turrets, 3 mortars and 5 mines and Medical generators.

But the Mines don´t make much damage...

Well, for starters, I prefer to have a sci on my away teams for healing purposes and debuffing purposes (mine runs Electro-Gravitic Field 1, Vascular Regenerator 2, Medical Tricorder 3, and Nanite Health Monitor 1 .

Secondly, I'm using chroniton mine barrier 3 with maxed demolitions and a kit that buffs demolitions, so my engi boffs have the highest damage mines they can get and mine hurt like a truck as well. Also, it could be due to the difficulty you're on or the fact that I haven't played it since level 50 that's accounting for this difference.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bring a fleetmate along, preferably one with Counter-Command Bio-Molecular weapons.

Those will make fish-sticks out of them.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Try using the Zephram Cochrane shotgun if you got it from doing the mirror universe event a few months ago. It is great on BORG and Undine.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Back in the day when I did it (S5) for the accolade's sake, I just did it on easy and died a ridiculous amount of times killing all the assimilated Undine, and slowly but surely, finished the mission.

It's like the Gekli feeding grounds PvE (Which seems to be forever gone), just takes a while.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you're Science and have Exo(or Endo)thermic Induction Field, Medical Nanites, and the Shotgun you can ROFLstomp all over the Undine boss. It was a little harder on my Tac Captain, but mostly because I hadn't out much effort in Ground yet and don't have the Shotgun. Now that I bought a TR-116B, it's a cake-walk once more.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I usually go TR-116 as primary weapon with the shotgun as a secondary, boffs get the rep stuff
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      I find melee to be the most reliable way to kill the boss. also... using lure tactics to avoid fighting the entire room.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg