test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO peek refresh rate?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
What refresh rate does sto go up to? I couldnt find it in settings. Been thinking about getting new monitors that go to 144hz but if sto doesnt do that then it would be pointless.
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• Options
    richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Esc > Options > Display > Fullscreen refresh rate

The refresh rates may only be the options with my vc & monitor but mine goes up to 75 Hz.

BTW, it's peak not peek.
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    What refresh rate does sto go up to? I couldnt find it in settings. Been thinking about getting new monitors that go to 144hz but if sto doesnt do that then it would be pointless.

From what I can tell STO doesn't have a hard FPS cap unless you manually enable it. If your system has the horsepower to run it at 144 FPS, you should do fine. Keep in mind, however, that you will probably not be able to sustain that at a decent resolution - my SLI 980s can just barely hold 120 FPS in the newer zones, and drop to single digits with some GUI windows open.

To sum up, don't bother getting a 144hz monitor just for STO. Also, either get a GSync if you have an NVIDIA card, or wait for freesync if you have AMD.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.