test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i think i have figured it out :D

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
I think i know why there are borg near ds9 they might want to use the wormhole to go back in time to change the events of wolf 359 the wormhole can do more then just send you to the gamma quadrent. There have been times when it can send you to another universe or send you to another timeline :o
Post edited by jim625 on

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So they want to travel back in time (using the Wormhole) to Wolf 359, after travelling back in time during Wolf 359 (without the Wormhole, 30 years earlier) ?
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps they never visited wolf 359 originally until they found the route to wolf 359 via the worm hole. In which case the predestination paradox would null itself.

I gave up on the whole Borg thing when 'Enterprise' decided to stick its Oar in and negate pretty much everything that went before it. (Perhaps another paradox?)

Anyhoo... as Janeway said: "Temporal Mechanics give me a headache.".
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Temporal mechanics give me a headache.

Hmm.

Not cool man.
  • norbob76norbob76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why would the Borg want to change what happened at Wolf 359? The Battle at Wolf 359 was a crushing defeat for the Federation and a huge success for the Borg.

If you mean how the Borg Cube was stopped on its way to Earth, that happened after Wolf 359.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    norbob76 wrote: »
    Why would the Borg want to change what happened at Wolf 359? The Battle at Wolf 359 was a crushing defeat for the Federation and a huge success for the Borg.

If you mean how the Borg Cube was stopped on its way to Earth, that happened after Wolf 359.

Yeah I'm wondering that myself ... If they would want to change anything it's Picard showing up, but then again why use the Wormhole, they didn't need it 30 years earlier ...

The easiest way to alter the past probably would be going back & telling anyone "Hey guys don't assimilate that Picard / Locutus dude" -> Boom -> Earth assimilated ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I suspect the anniversary mission may be a Remastered State of Q, minus Q.

Geko did say that they have rights to audio from episodes and he wanted to have us do a time travel mission where we run into Sisko at Wolf 359 (using stock audio of Avery Brooks).

My guess is that the Borg decide to try to prevent the Federation from making an aggressive strike at them by crippling us in the Dominion War. They target Sisko.

We probably team up with Seven of Nine to use the wormhole to go back and fix things. And encounter a vision of the Prophets as Harry Kim and some other characters. Maybe part of the anniversary event would center around the installation of Quark at DS9, who helps us. I think they said another Trek actor was coming soon. Quark seems like the right profile of character.

Unless they DID get Q. But my guess is it will be State of Q, minus Q, but with some other Trek characters assisting us. A DS9 character like Quark would make some sense because he could explain Sisko's importance.