test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transporter Effect Wrong on Some BOFFs

superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Art of Star Trek Online
On the away team, something that has bugged me is that the Diplomacy BOFF, the Romulan BOFF, and the MACO one, they have non-Fed transporter effects when they beam down. As a FED, they should all have the same Fed transport, but the diplomacy and MACO have KDF and the Romulan has the Romulan transporter. if they are my away team, they should all be the same.
Post edited by superherofan on

Comments

• Options
    tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would imagine it has something to do with the coding, as those races are usually exclusive to those factions. Possibly something that they will work on eventually.

In the sense of "OOOH SHINY!" I kind of like the separate transport effect for my rom boff, but I can see how it doesn't make sense. It's not like they transport from a different ship.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Realistically the transporter effect should be based on your ship that's doing the beaming (or the transporter platform if you're using one in a map), not your faction and certainly not the boffs' faction.

Although it is kinda hilarious beaming down with a multicolor team. :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's an emote that you can't use voluntarily. And the emote varies based on race.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Transporter effect of Romulans is also very similar tio the Borg Transporter. Have seen some STFs where Romulan security teams caused some Players to turn around and aim at the Transporter beam because they thought there were Borg beaming in
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I've notice some odd behavioral issues with the transporter. Fed will be up while the other BOF don't beam up all together. They really need to look at what's going on there. KDF side ever worst and the ROM just as bad. But they're short staff already so just have work with what we have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!