test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Ship Diversity v3

theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Romulan Discussion
most of the t5 rom ships are reskins and there are 2 t6's..
one or two more original t5's couldn't possibly hurt anyone in any way.
Post edited by theredcomet on

Comments

• kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't expect any more T5's to come out. Everything will be T6 or better.

Another T6 would be nice, but not anticipated.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most T5 ships are re-skins of lower tier ships, its not really a unique Romulan issue.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Heh could have sworn that even on tier specific ships the feds have a much wider choice.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Heh could have sworn that even on tier specific ships the feds have a much wider choice.

You'd be right, bub.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited January 2015
    Hence why i'd like to see more - there's all sorts of ways you can get around actually working on a new model even.

For example: due to mutual cooperation between the romulans and race X.
    Ships of Race X will be available for sale. (Race X ship models are ingame)
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They really ought to change the requirements so that we can fly our allies T5/T5U ships. Its barely any work for them, it'd save them from having to actually do work for the game, and it'd give the Romulans some actual science ships.

Of course, this being Cryptic, they won't.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tcostik wrote: »
    They really ought to change the requirements so that we can fly our allies T5/T5U ships. Its barely any work for them, it'd save them from having to actually do work for the game, and it'd give the Romulans some actual science ships.

Of course, this being Cryptic, they won't.

If you want Fed ships roll a Fed toon. They already allow too many allied ships to be used, the Las thing we need is the list expanded.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    If you want Fed ships roll a Fed toon. They already allow too many allied ships to be used, the Las thing we need is the list expanded.

^this, very much this
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
    edited January 2015
    It doesn't rule out giving more ship choices from non-fed/kdf tech ships. -_-
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    IMO there shouldn't be any KFF/Starfleet ships available to the Republic...perhaps the D7 and D'kyr (and support craft) but that's about it.

Unfortunately I think that ship has long sailed. The crossfaction ships the Republic got was in place to shore up their rather meager Romulan roster of ships, no way Cryptic would undo that now.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    IMO there shouldn't be any KFF/Starfleet ships available to the Republic...perhaps the D7 and D'kyr (and support craft) but that's about it.

Unfortunately I think that ship has long sailed. The crossfaction ships the Republic got was in place to shore up their rather meager Romulan roster of ships, no way Cryptic would undo that now.

But who actually uses them? The cross factions cost dil, for a low tier ship, and most people will use a free ship over paying 1000 dil for the same thing in another skin that will be discarded after less than a week of play due to outgrowing it in level. Meh.

Ive used one of them. I did use the plasma leech ship on a rom once, because I bought it for the leech and it was something different to fly.
    edited January 2015
    This isn't about fed/kdf ships. there's enough room to take from other games the inspiration for new purely rommie ships if there's outrage over rommies using allied ships. (funny how the outrage isn't over the forced alliance to begin with or the bloated fed roster of ships)

I'm a dilletante to 3d modelling/animation i'll admit but ships are by far the easiest thing since unlike say a humanoid you don't need to worry about animating movement which is human-esque (skeletal mobility and what not). So really the cost of new ships , ship parts or ship variants is nil compared to say asking for a non-humanoid playable race.

Give the romies some love cryptic.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This isn't about fed/kdf ships. there's enough room to take from other games the inspiration for new purely rommie ships if there's outrage over rommies using allied ships.
    They can't use anything from other properties for legal reasons, unfortunately.
    (funny how the outrage isn't over the forced alliance to begin with or the bloated fed roster of ships)
    Oh, there's been plenty of outrage on both counts, just not in this thread. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited January 2015
    They can't use anything from other properties for legal reasons, unfortunately.

I meant other Star Trek games... or is the license that limited? odd.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It depends on what the people writing the contracts for that game did. But yeah, it seems that a lot of stuff introduced in games is only usable with the consent of the maker of that game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg