test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

a question about upgrading quad cannons

proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
as a fleet captain i went to upgrade my quad cannons just for kicks and it jumped automatically the mk 13 very rare for free it start off with dng 4 mod could it truly turn into something nice if i upgrade it and it gets to mk14 epic?
Post edited by proteus22 on

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They were always DMGx4. Just putting it in the upgrade slot changes it from leveling to Mk XII and increases the stats. Going to Mk XIII didn't get you can upgrade in this case..
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yup, when you are 50+ level they go from level-less (since you get them when you can be Captain level) to mk13 when you put them in the upgrade window.

I have yet to bother upgrading them since they are pointlessly energy hungry and DMG buff doesn't do much.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    makes you wonder if you tried to upgrade them when you were lvl 10...
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If only there could be R&D unlocks for things like Andorian Phasers and Spiral Waves, as well as the Quad Cannons if you own them. Then people could grind out 5000 items to get a single Quad Cannon CrtD x4 for use on their ship. I can't believe they missed this opportunity to stick another sharp stick up the players butt.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    if only we could craft it as any weapon type a quad cannon antiproton would be very cool i think
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jusr playing around i bought another bioneural warhead box and opened it the warhead started off with around 14k after putting it in upgrade wundow it jumped to mk13 and damage jumped to over 17k
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    makes you wonder if you tried to upgrade them when you were lvl 10...

You can't. When you receive them and are low level, it stays as an autoleveling item with the infinite label. Somewhere along the line when you get to a certain level (50? My toon seeing this right now is only 36) you will then be able to upgrade it.

Though I wouldn't. UR and Epic Mods on top of 4 ****ty [Dmg] mods is still bad. It's like putting whipped cream on top of a pile of TRIBBLE and throwing a cherry on top. It's still TRIBBLE :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My mk 14 VR Quad cannons do more dps than my UR mk 14 DHC's. Only thing that gets more dps is my epic DHC with critDx3/pen/acc/dmg.

They used to be worse, now they are just as good as DHC in most cases.